PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, I wonder where they got this from

iscariotrex
04-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Looks like Hearthstone is adding a PvE element to their game. Thoughts?

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/13665269

teasel
04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
PvE was already present in the game in the form of a starting tutorial, even then defeating AI opponent to unlock more cards is not like some amazing idea invented by hex only

so rather than pointing finger at blizzard for doing it, i'd rather point the finger at cryptozoic for not talking about PvE content since the kickstarter ended

Xenavire
04-11-2014, 10:09 AM
PvE was already present in the game in the form of a starting tutorial, even then defeating AI opponent to unlock more cards is not like some amazing idea invented by hex only

so rather than pointing finger at blizzard for doing it, i'd rather point the finger at cryptozoic for not talking about PvE content since the kickstarter ended

But they have talked about it. Specifically that it is being worked on, some updates into the crafting system, etc. Plus all the spoiled dungeons from the kickstarter (which are probably what you are referring to).

Cory has also spoken about the leveling system, rewards, and a bunch of other things. The catch is - they don't want to spoil stuff before it is ready. Unlike Blizzard, who typically have testing phases for everything, in which all the raiders tend to blow through the content pre-launch and then spend the next 3 months post-launch bitching about how boring it is. That Hearthstone hasn't done this is quite surprising.

Also, from what I can tell from the Hearthstone update, the content will be gated (yuck) and far less compelling and interesting than Hex dungeons will be, as well as being less complex, with no raids, and in far less bulk (we are looking at tons of dungeons for Hex, not just one dungeon split into 4-5 wings.)

Basically, Hearthstone could have planned it from the start, or they could have slapped together that embarrassment in the 8 months since Hex was announced - either way, what Hearthstone is offering is a drop in a bucket (or an ocean, to be more accurate) compared to what Hex will be offering. 30 new cards? Who cares!? Hex will have over 300 just for the first block of PvE!

Can we just stop comparing the two now? They are nothing alike. Hearthstone will always be a shallow experience compared to Hex's rich one. People enjoy both. Etc.

Lonenut
04-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I came here to post this as, "Blizzard beats Hex to the PVE dungeon content patch."

This is Crypto's dropped ball.

They may not be alike, but they're competing for the same customers, and Hearthstone is going to take a bite out of Hex's potential sales.

Crpyto's inability to deliver on their schedule is losing them lots of money and fans, which is disappointing to me, because I really want Hex to be the top game so I have lots of people to play against.

Xenavire
04-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I came here to post this as, "Blizzard beats Hex to the PVE dungeon content patch."

Really? A simpler game, with simpler mechanics, putting out a tiny amount of new content, amounts to CZE dropping the ball? No.

dogmod
04-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Really? A simpler game, with simpler mechanics, putting out a tiny amount of new content, amounts to CZE dropping the ball? No.

You are getting a bit a aggressive and a bit fan boy. I tend to agree with the previous commentators that Hearthstone is edging into Hex's territory on the PvE side before Hex has a chance to establish itself. You can talk about what Hex will be all you want but they are talking about what Hex is now.

Daer
04-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Yeah 30 new cards and dungeons you have to pay to unlock. Hearthstone PVE is going to set the world on fire.

Gulbech
04-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Yeah Heartstones PVE seem as shallow as their pvp :P - i understand a lot of people like heartstone, but i got bored after 1 week.

Lonenut
04-11-2014, 11:18 AM
You are reading me wrong here. Hearthstone is, in my opinion, an inferior game. But they are getting to market faster with a very popular product, and Crypto is going to lose possible revenue as a result.

Westane
04-11-2014, 11:19 AM
No one's ripping anyone off here, and Hex isn't even in beta yet! I play and enjoy both games for different reasons and look forward to playing through the Naxx content. I especially like how the cards are starting to look synergistic, so we may start seeing some actual deck archetypes cropping up.

I'm completely guessing here, but I'd imagine 750g per wing after the first, which would be ~$30 for all four if you paid with cash, which for 4 new legendaries and new class cards, seems fair.

Xenavire
04-11-2014, 11:30 AM
My point is that Hearthstone is coming to the table with a horrible excuse for content (fanboyism or not, I would have hated the idea either way. It is like WoW having gated dungeons that you need to pay money to enter. Just no.)

What they are offering is inherently inferior, and unless they pump out a new 'Dungeon' every month, the content is going to be consumed and then ignored and players will hate it. I see all the fans claiming this is the best move ever - I hear this with almost every raid that WoW has had, and yet within a month everyone is sick of the grind. They need to keep up with the consuption rates, and I don't think they can do it.

Now lets compare that to Hex - We are going to be getting a massive amount of dungeons and content (only dictated by the speed that CZE can finish making it.) And CZE has promised more content to coincide with every PvP set release - we don't know how much, but we can assume that it will be at least 1/3rd the amount of this first massive wave.

CZE will outstrip Hearthstone very quickly. Especially since Hex will be gated only by how good of a player you are, and now how much you spend or grind. Hearthstone is doing a poor job of being F2P right now.

I can concede that Hearthstone got there first - but only because they settled for an inferior product. Everyone always goes for the better product, regardless of when it was released. I don't need to be a fanboy to tell you that.

Lonenut
04-11-2014, 11:39 AM
See, I think you're blinded by the fact that you're a fan. You say, "inherently inferior" when referring to Hearthstone, but I guarantee you that Hearthstone will pull in more dollars and fans than Hex.

Yes, Hex is the BETTER GAME. Absolutely. But what I'm talking about here is that Hearthstone is still a threat to the health of Hex. That's why I care, because I want Hex to succeed. Whatever your opinions on Hearthstone, it's already wildly successful and is going to hurt Hex, and if Crypto had a smoother client that was already available to the public, Hearthstone wouldn't be taking as big of a bite out of them.

Ertzi
04-11-2014, 11:43 AM
My honest reaction? I am annoyed that Blizzard is doing the same thing, because they have vastly greater resources and can create content much faster if they so choose. Luckily for me and for HEX, the depth of Hearthstone is nowhere near what HEX is. And I am talking about the Alpha version. Fortunately Crypto has a huge lead on Blizzard (years, if I understand correctly), and when the PvE eventually hits with HEX, there will be nothing like it for years to come. Yes, copycats will eventually emerge, but by that time it will be too late.

And let me just end by saying that if you enjoy Hearthstone, I have nothin against you or the game. I'm glad if you enjoy it. I just wanted HEX to be even more unique when it launches, so I am a bit bummed by Hearthstone. Apples and oranges, though.

RobHaven
04-11-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm excited enough about Hex's PvE that I sometimes get a tightness in my chest from the anticipation. That's a fact. But I don't see how we can say "this is better" yet? I mean...I've never played it. That vast majority of fans and backers have never played it.

Westane
04-11-2014, 11:46 AM
I just think the two games are different to matter, and appeal to completely different crowds. I will keep playing and supporting Hex as a long time Magic player and strategy fan, and I'll keep playing and supporting Hearthstone because I love having that quick and simple CCG I can pick up without having to think too much, and I like Blizzard games and IP's.

Hearthstone was never even meant to be a PvE CCG, it's just a neat thing being added.

Xenavire
04-11-2014, 11:50 AM
See, I think you're blinded by the fact that you're a fan. You say, "inherently inferior" when referring to Hearthstone, but I guarantee you that Hearthstone will pull in more dollars and fans than Hex.

Yes, Hex is the BETTER GAME. Absolutely. But what I'm talking about here is that Hearthstone is still a threat to the health of Hex. That's why I care, because I want Hex to succeed. Whatever your opinions on Hearthstone, it's already wildly successful and is going to hurt Hex, and if Crypto had a smoother client that was already available to the public, Hearthstone wouldn't be taking as big of a bite out of them.

No, I have a lot of TCG experience, and a lot of game experience, and I am calling it inferior because that is what it is - inferior. Hearthstone is already inferior to other games from the same company (WoW, Diablo, Starcraft) and it is seemingly going to get steadily worse.

The typical (and successful) Blizzard model is: release game. Minor content patches free of charge. Payed expansions with huge amounts of content. Subscriptions vary.

And Hearthstone - it is a horrible mess of grinding and micro transactions. I have lost faith in Blizzard lately as I have seen horrible practices slowly tainting WoW as well (I was a fan for years but they have turned me off with all the nickle and dime-ing.) I have been pleasantly surprised by the update to Diablo 3, but I am losing interest in Blizzard as a whole.

Even if Hex didn't exist, I would have quickly lost interest in Hearthstone. It is boring, and has little replay value. This new 'expansion' (which they are going to try and gouge people for) is going to be a shallow experience that wont encourage you to replay it. Like I said, I can assess this without any fanboyism and still call Hearthstone fairly horrible.

I won't deny that it is popular right now, but that isn't surprising - all the WoW players are bored out of their brains and are looking for anything to fill the waiting time for the new Xpac. When Warlords of Draenor comes out, there is going to be a massive lull.

Ertzi
04-11-2014, 11:57 AM
I have lost faith in Blizzard lately as I have seen horrible practices slowly tainting WoW as well (I was a fan for years but they have turned me off with all the nickle and dime-ing.)

Can you give a few concrete examples? I have never played WoW, but this kind of changing of policy fascinates me. I always thought WoW was completely free excluding of course the monthly fee and the expansions. Are there micro transactions even in WoW these days, or did you mean something else?

Xenavire
04-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Can you give a few concrete examples? I have never played WoW, but this kind of changing of policy fascinates me. I always thought WoW was completely free excluding of course the monthly fee and the expansions. Are there micro transactions even in WoW these days, or did you mean something else?

They have had 'micro transactions' for years, but they weren't P2W things (they were quality of life things, which I consider far worse). Things like server change, race change, faction change were all paid services (at overly expensive prices) and with huge limits imposed. They also had a bunch of mounts and pets for sale on the blizz store (cosmetic, not too bad. Forgivable.)

Lately though, they have added cosmetic headgears for insane prices and a new ingame store. And the worst of all? A level 90 character boost for 50 euros. I have no idea what they are thinking, but if they keep it up I am very unlikely to play in the future. (The expansion is looking mildly decent, but it is almost ALL bandaid 'fixes' to problems that have existed for years and they just ignored.)

Westane
04-11-2014, 12:06 PM
They're thinking no one will buy it, and that's the point. If they wanted people to buy a lv90 boost they would have priced it at $10-$20, but they don't. When they announced that Warlords of Draenor would include a level 90 boost, one I could argue is warranted, immediately people decided they could just buy multiple copies of the expansion and merge accounts. Offering the boost by itself is just a way to take the load off Blizzard and allow people, who were going to do that anyway, to just skip straight to their goal. It's HARDLY pay to win, not even close.

The ingame is store is welcomed as well, I see no benefit to having to tab out and go to their website to buy things as opposed to getting them directly in game.

Xenavire
04-11-2014, 12:23 PM
They're thinking no one will buy it, and that's the point. If they wanted people to buy a lv90 boost they would have priced it at $10-$20, but they don't. When they announced that Warlords of Draenor would include a level 90 boost, one I could argue is warranted, immediately people decided they could just buy multiple copies of the expansion and merge accounts. Offering the boost by itself is just a way to take the load off Blizzard and allow people, who were going to do that anyway, to just skip straight to their goal. It's HARDLY pay to win, not even close.

The ingame is store is welcomed as well, I see no benefit to having to tab out and go to their website to buy things as opposed to getting them directly in game.

You are under the wrong assumption here - that level 90 jump is to cater to the PvP crowd. And somewhat to the hardcore raiders who are sometimes required to reroll to have the correct composition. Instead of making the leveling faster (which has always been somewhat of a complaint) they have decided to nullify Hierlooms and a bunch of other things that they included to make is easier.

Now this is both a good and a bad thing. It is good, because they have realised that replaying the content ten times is absolutely horrible. But it is also bad, because they are opening the door to players just dumping a bunch of money into the game to have a decked out team of 90's (which I am sure some people have already done.) The fact that they are charging so much is also quite horrible (either you pay the inflated prices to server/faction/race change) or you pay this equally ridiculous price to reroll on a new server.

Put simply, Blizzard does not care about the fans at all. It has taken years for them to fix mistakes that players have been complaining about. They are simply at the point where they are milking WoW for all it is worth. There is little story left to tell (I like the novelty of going to the past to meet old orcs, but obviously they have peaked and are scrabbling for ways to stretch the story.) It seems like it is time for them to reboot WoW, or take focus off it so they can fix up all the holes.

Anyway... Sorry for the thread hijack.

iscariotrex
04-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to start arguments. When I saw the announcement of a PvE side, I thought it was cute and the post was meant to be funny, not divisive. For the record, I play both games though I think Hex will take over when it gets closer to completion. I can't wait for Hex's PvE content; I'm going to lose myself in it for a while. I have complete faith in that. I will play the Hearthstone expansion too. That said, it is a competitive market. It is obvious, to me at least, that Blizzard is paying attention to Cryptozoic and Cryptozoic will need to be doing the same. Wildly successful kickstarter or not, Blizzard has... well, Blizzard resources.

Kubira
04-11-2014, 01:02 PM
I think the games are just too different so I don't get all worked up about what Hearthstone does. I use the Angry Birds/Starcraft comparison with my friends. Both are strategy games but they do very different things and have vastly different target audiences. I see Hearthstone/Hex the same way.

I climbed to masters in Hearthstone with two different classes in closed beta and lost interest. I appreciate what it does but it doesn't scratch the deep strategy itch for me. I played for about three weeks and only logged in again to get my Hearthsteed. Conversely, I have been playing Hex since they let Slacker Backers in and have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

bojanglesz
04-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Have to side with the CZE got beat crowd. Doesn't matter if Hearthstone is simpler, the fact that you have to buy the content locks in players even more to the Hearthstone ecosystem.

Gwaer
04-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Time will tell of course, no sense arguing about it. Hex PVE will be released when it is released, the same is true of HS. I'm confident that Hex will be better, but the best product doesn't always win.

It's largely going to be about Hex getting in the public eye in a real way after launch.

Yuhan
04-11-2014, 02:32 PM
As Gwaer said. The best product doesn't always win.

I too think Hex is a better game but right now HS is eating up a portion of the market(no matter how small you think it may be) that we share.

Slaeer
04-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I think this is actually a good thing for Hearthstone to be putting out content before Hex. There's no doubt that Hearthstone, while fun to alot of people, is a simpler, less complex version of a TCG. For anyone who has never played a card game like HEX or magic, Hearthstone is easy to pick up and learn the mechanics of troops and spells etc. This is actually good for Hex because it brings the WoW audience (which is really... really large) that probably has never played this type of game, and introduces them to an easy to learn card game. That way, when Hex launches, we now have a larger pool of people who have some experience (while dumbed down, experience nonetheless) in playing a card game. They will then realize Hex is actually a lot like Hearthstone... except better; More complex, with more depth and more strategy. Not to mention creating a deck with any and all cards that you have instead of being restricted to classes like Hearthstone.

For people that have never played card games like Magic, it would be easy to dismiss a game like Hex because they would not know how much fun a card game could be; they have no past experiences to compare it to. However, with Hearthstone out already, more people will know what this genre of games is like and now have something to compare Hex to making Hex shine just that much more.

TLDR: Hearthstone is actually helping build the TCG community in preparation for Hex's Launch.

sidenote: Been a huge Blizzard fan since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. Saw they were making a digital card game and got super excited. Played Hearthstone for awhile during it's beta and got bored before it was launched. Have only logged in again since then to get the hearthsteed. Hearthstone is fun and fast paced, but has no depth or complexity. It's too easy to blow through all the content and get bored.

Xenavire
04-11-2014, 02:50 PM
It's too easy to blow through all the content and get bored.

This is what I have heard from almost everybody I know, and then a bunch of random people online too, and is why I am so sure that Hex will do better.

I might be going overboard by swearing up and down that Hearthstone is inferior, but Hex is engaging where Hearthstone isn't - that will spell out a major part of the future of both games.

Zophie
04-11-2014, 02:53 PM
I think it'll be nice for Hearthstone to have these features honestly. The game doesn't have the complexity that many of us love in Hex, but it's still pretty fun in its own right. I don't see Hearthstone as competing directly with Hex at all, but think they rather compliment each other in some ways. I personally like that I can easily get friends that have never played these types of games before introduced to the genre through Hearthstone, and then later on I can "graduate" them up to Hex!

As a side note, Blizzard announced their Adventure mode for Hearthstone back at BlizzCon in the beginning of November 2013. Today's announcement was just the first time they revealed the location of the first dungeon and previewed some of the new content. Also, they don't have a release date yet, so technically CZE could still "beat" them, though I really don't think it's necessary, and I'm sure both games will only release their new modes when they are "ready".

mudkip
04-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Wow. that sounds gr...

We’ll have further details, including pricing and availability...

Pricing? I'm less intrigued now.

Zophie
04-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Pricing? I'm less intrigued now.

I'm under the impression they will be gating future dungeons with a gold barrier to unlock them, so you could either buy your way in or just play games to unlock them through free play similar to how they sell card packs and arena passes for gold currently.

mudkip
04-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm under the impression they will be gating future dungeons with a gold barrier to unlock them, so you could either buy your way in or just play games to unlock them through free play similar to how they sell card packs and arena passes for gold currently.

Oh that's not too bad. Thanks for the info!

Ebynfel
04-11-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm just throwing this out there. Know who turned me onto Hex a few minutes after the kickstarter launched? Ben Brode, via Twitter, let everyone know this awesome game(He leads the Hearthstone Team) is in Kickstarter and looks absolutely freaking amazing. This was while people were scrambling for first wave HS keys. I don't think Blizzard is aiming to compete in Hex's market. Yeah, some of the market will be shared. Of that there is no doubt, but the two games can happily coexist. Elsewise Blizz employees directly tied to Hearthstone probably wouldn't be advertising Hex for Crypto at any time.

Even if there was a deal after WoW TCG was disbanded, the support was rather fervent. And the guys at Blizz sure did help get the word out early for this amazing game their friends were making.

just my .002

Cory_Jones
04-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Ben Brode is a good friend of mine and super star talent :)

dogmod
04-12-2014, 02:26 AM

Pretty sure Cory looks at these forums while in between late night Hex draft games after his family has gone to bed. Solid.

YourOpponent
04-12-2014, 03:33 AM

They may not be alike, but they're competing for the same customers, and Hearthstone is going to take a bite out of Hex's potential sales.

Crpyto's inability to deliver on their schedule is losing them lots of money and fans, which is disappointing to me, because I really want Hex to be the top game so I have lots of people to play against.

I understand your concern, but really yes some customers may be going to Hearthstone...but I think this game has much more potential than Hearthstone does. I am not just talking about how our cards have sockets...and how there will be equipment, but Hearthstone really seems to of backed their self in a corner with how they treat mana. Sure in theory they could have different playing styles in different bosses and so forth, but most people don't like change...and they probably underestimate what a threat that we are to their business.

The main reason I say this is because since KickStart we have known from the beginning that PvE will have different play styles which can be mini-games of their own...each similar to how Hex is normally played, but some that can have totally different metagames. For example, I highly doubt that Heartstone could have a Iron Man dungeon where you rip up the cards that get destroyed in that dungeon and get rewards based on how you do because it is just so hard to get cards on their unless you are pay to win.

Also keep in mind that some of the popular dungeons that players like could end up having at a later time pvp fights modeled after how those dungeon rules are. Such as a Draft Iron Man tournament would be very fun and exciting.

YourOpponent
04-12-2014, 04:10 AM
I'm excited enough about Hex's PvE that I sometimes get a tightness in my chest from the anticipation. That's a fact. But I don't see how we can say "this is better" yet? I mean...I've never played it. That vast majority of fans and backers have never played it.

Something I have recently got the brilliant idea of to "evangelize" to my MtG friends to help give them the scope of what a Hex dungeon can be like is this. Keep in mind this is going to be just a sample of what the awesomeness is going to be like, but this much at least is easily doable in a physical atmosphere.

Play a game of MtG, but with how we handle shards instead of them treating mana there...already most MtG people LOVE that idea alone...now here comes the fun part of a dungeon idea I suggested.

My idea is that whenever you would normally remove an opponent's card instead of it going into their graveyard it goes into a second "hand" of yours. This hand of cards is for the cards you have removed from them and has the threshold removed from them, but you still pay the normal costs.

This can lead to a challenging game of timing and sacrifices and lots of combos to figure out what it will take to defeat the enemy.

This helps give players an idea of what PvE can do. I highly encourage you to go to your nearest card shop that hosts MtG games to give this idea a try. Just be sure to later let them know about the equipment system, socketable cards, skill trees, and so forth of the other cool stuff that can be done for PvE. That and this way at least helps satisfy the appetite for Hex PvE until it comes out.

bofedy
04-12-2014, 06:04 AM

Thats all i need to hear now poach him :) you know you want too.

Gankatron
04-12-2014, 06:48 AM
But they are getting to market faster with a very popular product, and Crypto is going to lose possible revenue as a result.

Maybe...

I am not sure it will work that way though, not anymore than a new Smart Car dealership is going to undermine sales from the Jaguar dealership across the street.

jonsnow2000
04-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Count me into the "Hearthstone PVE is actually good for Hex" camp. The more casual players get sucked in by Hearthstone, the more Hex will profit. Those who devour the HS content will get bored after each new expansion or cardset and start looking for alternatives. And especially for those ppl who are looking for a card game that can be played on a small budget, Hex will probably be much more attractive than HS. I love playing HS, but I'm really disappointed about the pricing scheme. To get those cool legendaries that make your decks "Top Tier" you either have to grind arenas all day long or pay 100s of dollars on Boosters and pray that you randomly get them. I don't mind spending money on F2P games as long as the price stays reasonable.

AstaSyneri
04-14-2014, 04:28 AM
In my eyes Hearthstone is a competitor for Hex. It's the same industry, but different segments. Would you like to drive a Hearthstone City-Shopper Automatic, or a Hex Manual Shift speedy Two-Seater? Both are offering Station Wagon versions, and that's where they are competing.

At least that's the way I see it. Currently you can't say Hex has dropped the ball, because they haven't revealed their station wagon yet. Which I really hope they do, soon.

Time to market is a significant consideration, especially in the TCG business. Magic has always head the First to market bonus, because of the investment many players had made into it, making it a lot harder to jump ship. There have been lots of games that are "better" than Magic, but only a few have even managed to survive (I am looking at you, L5R).

Let's hope that Cory will reveal more about PvE very soon. Getting the Arena into the mix would be great. I certainly would spend a lot more time with Hex.

Westane
04-14-2014, 11:31 AM
I will never understand why people are getting so worked up over two very different games (same genre, very different games) with two radically different takes on PvE.

You know, Duels of the Planeswalkers has a PvE campaign...

EDIT: Forgot Might & Magic: Duel of Champions, which I just finally got around to playing.

Xenavire
04-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Duels of the planeswalkers 'PvE' campaign had nothing interesting, no rewards (past unlocking decks that should have been unlocked from the beginning) and was basically a slog to the finish. The 2013 version was frankly better once the DLC was included, but it was still just a glorified AI marathon.

I had much more fun just playing the AI in 4 way multiplay.

The idea of 'PvE' is to have places to 'explore', loot to collect, and epic boss fights with interesting mechanics. Hearthstones version qualifies (if barely) and I don't think that Duels of the planeswalkers comes close.

I can't comment on Might and Magic, never played it.

Westane
04-14-2014, 12:16 PM
It just doesn't though. In Hearthstone ALL you're doing is playing against 5 AI opponent's with slightly unfair Hero Powers. As a reward you unlock cards to add to your deck... That is LITERALLY DotP's "PvE" campaign. You beat AI, get new cards (decks). Or in DotP's sealed campaign, you're unlocking cards to add to your deck.

I know my argument is ridiculous, and that's the point. Hearthstone's "PvE" and Hex's actual PvE are two completely incomparable things. Hearthstone's addon is just a means to unlock the new cards. Once done, there's no reason to ever go back and play it again.

Xenavire
04-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Did I misread the description of Hearthstones dungeons? I thought it said 'fight to the boss'. And you earn your way (or buy it) into the next section, which is progression...

It is a poor example next to Hex, but I think it counts as PvE.

SamCube
04-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Sad facts are two, in my humble opinion:
1/ Blizz has already the infrastructure
2/ Blizz has already the infrastructure
Meaning that, eSports? They got it! And wow they are doing a great job. Experience with MMO's, DLC, forums, media coverage, convention? Expert gamemakers for PC and MAC? They have a militia. Resource they will put into Hearthstone will be equal to the success it has. It was born like a side game, and I think it already had became a huge success, with people paying real money for those expensive card boosters.
Hex is still unborn, and it's unpolished, and will be for a long time, until it will succeed or be revamped, or fall. (Hopefully not).

I believe in HEX. It's delivering what the best TCG ever created could not yet deliver with some 2.0 extras. (The game starts by M and ends like AGIC) ^__^

Love and Hex!

chromus
04-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Now that I've had a chance to play both Hex and HS, I share the opinion of others who have said HS will help Hex grow.

HS brings the concept of "collectable card game" into the spotlight, urging tons of mainstream gamers, Blizzard fans, and even those who mainly play tablet/facebook games(yea they're out there...) to try out the genre. Most of these people would have never heard of Hex or even if they did, would not have been interested in trying it. HS is so accessible, simple to learn, full of cuteness/humor, and crisp/smooth that it is the perfect place to start getting hooked on collectible fantasy card games. Anyone who is hooked on HS will be much more likely to try out Hex, whose deeper strategy & wider scope will enable retaining/converting a good % of these HS players.

WoW expanded the world MMORPG playerbase/market exponentially, raising the standards & paving the way to the plethora of similar games that followed (enough had small innovations that kept raising the bar, which in turn got incorporated into Wow and helped it survive the test of time). HS will likely do the same and the main beneficiaries will be the end-consumers (that's us, the CCG/TCG gamers!)

So let HS try to imitate Hex's PvE content and Hex imitate HS's crisp visuals and smooth gameplay. We all win in the end :)