PDA

View Full Version : I Am Going to Support the *excrement* out of This Game

Ertzi
04-11-2014, 11:25 AM
I have precious little free time these days, so I have not been able to visit the forums every day, but I am compelled to come in here and write something again after following the journey of HEX for a while now.

I have been so incredibly impressed with how Cryptozoic has handled the entire Kickstarter campaign and everything after that leading to the impending Beta, that I am seriously going to pour cash into this game as soon as that option becomes available.

I was about to buy a few more Slacker Backers before it went away, you know, because of the value, but I actually stopped myself because I want to buy packs after the monetized Beta hits. I have never felt this way about a game, and I am sure that if there will ever be a chance to buy something completely useless vanity stuff, I will buy those as well, simpy because I want to ensure HEX is not going anywhere anytime soon. Preferably ever ^__^

Everything from the passion of all the people involved in making HEX happen (preach that gospel, Cory!), the constant updates, little surprises for us fans, patch breakdowns, community events and overall friendly demeanor towards the player base makes me proud to be a part of this game from the ground up. I truly believe this will be something special.

Even if HEX for some insane reason will not become a huge success with the masses, I hope and believe that there will remain a small but dedicated and loyal playerbase that will continue to breathe life into HEX. At that moment I can promise that I will double my efforts and try to keep the servers up even by myself by buying everything twice. Once a week. But fortunately it will not come to that, because people are smart and jump onboard HEX in legions when they understand how revolutionary the game is.

I have thanked Cryptozoic before, but at that time I had no idea what this game would actually become. Now I have seen enough to know I was right to support this game. I did not discover the main Kickstarter campaign in time, but believe me when I say that I will spend many a platinum before this ride is over. Even if I don't need to buy anything. I love this game, and it is not even in Beta yet. I might not be able to be as visible as some of the accomplished members in this forum, but I can guarantee that I will do my part in the shadows.

Let me say once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Cryptozoic, and thank you Cory, for being such a passionate and enthusiastic CEO and human being, and for having the courage to create such a unique game when everyone thought you were crazy. Whatever happens, I will be a life-long fan of Cryptozoic because of this.

Now, let's make sure HEX conquers all. *takes out wallet and waits for the Beta*

RobHaven
04-11-2014, 11:46 AM
I went into HR on Monday to change my direct deposit. It now goes directly to Crypto.

Ertzi
04-11-2014, 11:50 AM
I went into HR on Monday to change my direct deposit. It now goes directly to Crypto.

Can you explain what that means for us people who do not live in the US? :)

Whatever you did, it sounds awesome.

Patrigan
04-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Haha xD

I hope RobHaven was kidding.

Basically, he went to the Human Resources department of his work, to make it that his paycheck is deposited straight in the bank account of CZE.

AstaSyneri
04-14-2014, 05:36 AM
Ah. It's nice to read about that enthusiasm again, that many of us felt during the Kickstarter.

And yes, the game is shaping up quite nicely, even though at this point it's hardly more than a better version of MTGO. The really cool things are yet to come (PvE with all those crazy cards and items, card development -> foils, achievements, etc.).

Ertzi
04-16-2014, 06:55 AM
Ah. It's nice to read about that enthusiasm again, that many of us felt during the Kickstarter.

And yes, the game is shaping up quite nicely, even though at this point it's hardly more than a better version of MTGO. The really cool things are yet to come (PvE with all those crazy cards and items, card development -> foils, achievements, etc.).

Yup, it's awesome to have that fire again. I am actually more excited now than before, because I have familiarized myself with the mechanics and most of the PvP cards, and now I only need all the fun toys on top of the already-great game. Now I truly understand how insane (and insanely cool) things HEX can pull off, given time. PvE is going to be bonkers.

I just hope Beta will have started in July, when I will be taking my summer vacation from work :cool:

havocattack
04-16-2014, 08:05 AM
I've been playing/streaming Hex and trying to be careful not to burn myself out (a bit less play lately) and I'm still just as excited as I was when I first found the kickstarter, if not more so ;)

Cannot wait to experience launch day with this awesome community! Also, getting the kickstarter goodies is gonna be super sweet :D

Patrigan
04-16-2014, 10:46 PM
After a long hiatus, including a newborn that took most of my time, I too feel that enthousiasm again.

In fact, I've invested a full day to get http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Hex_Wiki up to speed with all the cards implemented:

http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Shards_of_Fate_(set)

Just still need art for it.

Rapkannibale
04-19-2014, 07:13 AM
I felt the same way when I discovered the KS. I have never pledged so much for a KS. In fact I think I have only pledged three things on KS and Hex was by far the one I am most excited about and as you I voted with my wallet. :)