PDA

View Full Version : Castle Card Game Expansion Pack idea

hazeythebear
04-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Suggested pack for Castle: “Cops and Criminals Pack”

I love Castle, and I love the Castle card game..but I don’t think I’m alone when I suggest that something is missing. And then I realized what it is! It doesn’t have any of the crazy Castle theories that we see on the show – even the ones that actually take place! Plus the game itself seems a bit…meh.

So, to remedy this, I have come up with a Castle Expansion pack: “Cops and Criminals” featuring new suspects, investigation cards, action cards, and game variations.

Feel free to give thoughts, ideas, change things up – I don’t mind. It just hit me as inspiration playing it one night and I felt the need to put it altogether.

New Suspect Cards

The Smug Mob Boss – (This card has two spaces for tokens)
Required investigation cards (x2):
• Crime Scene
• Check Ballistics
• Run Financials

The Arrogant Drug Dealer
• Interview Victim’s Business Associates
• Investigate Phone Logs and Emails
• Check Ballistics

The Flirty Prostitute
• Undercover work
• Run Financials
• Interview Victim’s Business Associates

The Silent Hitman
• Check Ballistics
• Autopsy

The Violent Gang-member
• Check Ballistics
• Undercover Work
• Interview Victim’s Family

The Calculating Rogue Spy
Required investigation cards (x2):
• Interview Victim’s Friends
• Poker Game Consult

The Rookie Beat Cop
• Run Financials
• Autopsy
• Search Victim’s Home

The Dirty Undercover Cop
• Run Financials
• Search Suspect’s Home

The Crooked Federal Agent
• Search Victim’s Home
• Check Ballistics

The Scared Confidential Informant
• Run Financials
• Search Suspect’s Home
• Interview Victim’s Family

New Suspect Card meters
Poker Game Consult – ii
Autopsy – ii
Crime Scene – ii
Interview Victim’s Business Associates – ii
Interview Victim’s Family – ii
Search Victim’s Home – ii
Interview Victim’s Friends – ii
Undercover Work – ii
Search Suspect’s Home – ii
• Card requirements: Twelve each (three extra each included in new pack)
Run Financials - vi
Check Ballistics - vi
Investigate Phone Logs and Emails - vi
• Card requirements: Nine each

If my mathematics are correct, then this still works out to be an equal distribution of cards.

Additional Action Cards:
“Lawyered up” – Allows a player to block another who is confronting a suspect – cards are still discarded as usual.
“Caught in a lie” – The suspect is caught in a lie, and therefore “Lawyered up” can be blocked. The player who played the “Lawyered up” card also discards one other card.
(These two cards will add to the drama a bit)
“Castle Consultant” – One of Castle’s ‘consultants’ from his Derrick Storm-writing-days assists with the investigation. Acts as a wild card for any investigation card.
“Got a warrant” – Allows a player to search through the deck to find a single investigation card.

Game Variations:
“Don’t say spy…” – When the Calculating Rogue Spy is laid down as a suspect, each player is immediately dealt five cards. At the end of each player rotation, a new suspect is added (to throw off suspicion) and the tokens shuffled around. This cycle continues until the Spy has been confronted once.
“…Or mob hit…” – When the Smug Mob Boss is laid down as a suspect, each player is immediately dealt five cards. At the end of each player rotation, one of the other suspects is “killed off” and replaced by another and the tokens are shuffled around. This cycle continues until the Mob Boss has been confronted once.
“Mob hit of a spy?” – If both the Calculating Rogue Spy and the Smug Mob Boss are laid down as suspects, each player is immediately dealt five cards. At the end of each player rotation, one of the suspects (other than the Spy or Mob Boss) is killed off, and two new suspects added with the tokens shuffled around. Also, each player discards one card from their hand, until either the Mob Boss or Spy is confronted.

So what do you think, Castle fans? Would this add to the game, or am I completely off base here?

hazeythebear
04-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Oops, missed one bit - The Calculating Rogue Spy should also have two spaces for tokens - Essentially both the Spy and the Mob Boss have the potential to be guilty and not guilty, or both not guilty. If you play by the variations, it explains why.

Matt_Hyra
04-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Awesome stuff!!