PDA

View Full Version : Another Dugeon Idea

YourOpponent
04-14-2014, 08:14 PM
This week's dungeon idea has been inspired from playing deck building card games. Playing is the same way as normal, but with a few differences to make things a little more chaotic. At the end of each of your turns you discard your hand and draw seven cards (including resources). Playing in this dungeon you can't lose due to having no cards in your deck to draw (I will explain why later.) Also whenever you play a card you make a copy of that card that is one "level" better in strength which goes into your graveyard. For troops being one "level" in strength would mean getting a permanent +1/+1 added to it, for resources it would be a permanent +1 charge, and for everything else -1 cost...so pretty much it's similar to the Shrine of Prosperity. Now when your deck is out of cards you shuffle your graveyard and use that to make a new deck.

I feel this idea could be an interesting dungeon that gets more intense as the battle goes on. As well it would take some strategy in deck building because you may choose to use champions/mercenaries you otherwise wouldn't consider because of them having a higher cost to activate their abilities.

Also yes you could use cards to bring cards back from the graveyard or card drawing cards/abilities to help speed things up.

ursa23
04-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Fun idea. As someone who loves to play Dominion, I would have to say I would love to play this dungeon.

Scammanator
04-15-2014, 06:17 AM
That is a fun idea.

Also, Cryptozoic teased once or twice about some dungeon mechanics being inspired by several of the board games they make, including a hint that this included the DC Comics Deck Building Game.