PDA

View Full Version : Idea: PvE 'Hitlist'

Xenavire
04-15-2014, 07:41 PM
So, a random thought just occurred to me: what if there was a PvE mode where you could fight decks that were designed to be very similar to player decks? Now, I know how this sounds, but let me explain the differences quickly.

Dungeons/Raids - custom encounters, custom decks, custom cards. Probably custom mechanics too.

The 'hitlist' - Decks made up of cards available to players. Complete with equipment and champions/mercenaries. Essentially just a player deck, but played by the AI.

Why? Well, we are going to have Keeps, which will run pretty much the same as my suggestion. But the decks will be designed by players to thwart other players, and they are not likely to just be crazy, fun, and powerful, all at the same time - they will be geared to win.

So the advantage of the 'Hitlist' is that the AI will play a bunch of pre-set decklists that you could play at any time, in any order, and possibly get rewards based on how many you can beat (rewards are really not the goal here though.)

This would also be a great way to showcase rare mercenary drops, legendary equipment, and rare card drops. Imagine seeing a new merc in the hitlist, and you play against it, only to find out it is the most awesome merc ever and you just have to have it!

So, would people play this mode? Would it be interesting enough to be worth the time investment?

hex_colin
04-15-2014, 07:46 PM
The details are a little different, but this is apparently one of the first things we'll see in PVE. The main difference being that you'll face random decks plucked from 25(?) possible decks. And, when you beat enough of them, you'll end up facing a much more powerful character deck from the Set 1 storyline (e.g. Gabriel). Very, very occasionally you might find yourself fighting Uruunaz and his deck!!!

Xenavire
04-15-2014, 07:51 PM
The details are a little different, but this is apparently one of the first things we'll see in PVE. The main difference being that you'll face random decks plucked from 25(?) possible decks. And, when you beat enough of them, you'll end up facing a much more powerful character deck from the Set 1 storyline (e.g. Gabriel). Very, very occasionally you might find yourself fighting Uruunaz and his deck!!!

That sounds pretty cool. So this idea isn't exactly a new one then.

Perhaps the two ideas differ enough to make two different modes? I really like the idea of having a record of which 'marks you have hit', and having the option of choosing specific fights. But hey, I will take what they give us haha.

chili
04-15-2014, 09:23 PM
That sounds pretty cool. So this idea isn't exactly a new one then.

Perhaps the two ideas differ enough to make two different modes? I really like the idea of having a record of which 'marks you have hit', and having the option of choosing specific fights. But hey, I will take what they give us haha.

Meh last I heard they had 80+ dungeons designed, I think that PvE is being slowed down on other fronts, not lack of ideas/content the moment we gain access to it there will likely be more than enough content even 8-10 dungeons should be 40+ hours

AstaSyneri
04-17-2014, 08:29 AM
I'll be happy to be able to play in the Arena for tangible benefits while they work on the dungeons. And if those are released successively (5 every few weeks), I won't balk either.

But I would like to see some PvE elements soon.