PDA

View Full Version : Front Page updated for Beta!

Svenn
04-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Check it out!

www.hextcg.com

And some more info:
https://hextcg.com/hex-closed-beta-accounts/

parogui
04-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Got a mail with the same info too, we're so close!!

bojanglesz
04-16-2014, 04:28 PM
My pants just got shorter

Mejis
04-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Yup, just got the email too.

I wonder if there's going to be any patch related to this today/tomorrow or perhaps the server transition might be occurring over Easter?

Xenavire
04-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Oh wow, so much hype! Nothing could excite me more right now than beta news!

Westane
04-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Much excite. So beta. Wow.

Ali3nSan
04-16-2014, 04:51 PM
What the chances Fridays update is closed beta?

bojanglesz
04-16-2014, 05:09 PM
100%

Xenavire
04-16-2014, 05:10 PM
100%

Lets not get hopes up. Set the bar low, and have everyone surprised if it happens. :) As such, I think 5%, doubling every Friday. Or Thursday, because patch day.

Rokku
04-16-2014, 05:14 PM
set 1 should be bug free before beta. Considering remaing card interaction bugs and pack opening duplication I doubt it will be this week.

There should be a whole week without card/pack/tourney bugs before they allow money in the mix.

Xenavire
04-16-2014, 05:18 PM
set 1 should be bug free before beta. Considering remaing card interaction bugs and pack opening duplication I doubt it will be this week.

There should be a whole week without card/pack/tourney bugs before they allow money in the mix.

Well, I think they might just be going for a trial by fire, to be perfectly honest. Remember, beta does not mean bug-free. And they need to test everything, and get everything sorted for open beta, especially things like buying plat.

They obviously have the framework for tracking accounts in place, so fixing problems should be fairly trivial. I think it could be any time now, bugs or not. Hopefully a little later, so as many bugs as possible are squashed, but they might be on the verge of bug free anyway.

Mejis
04-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Given they say our accounts have been mirrored onto the beta servers, does that mean the beta servers are the new game servers and the server swap won't have any downtime because it will simply be the transition to beta instead?
Or is that not how it works?

Xenavire
04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Given they say our accounts have been mirrored onto the beta servers, does that mean the beta servers are the new game servers and the server swap won't have any downtime because it will simply be the transition to beta instead?

I am curious about this too. I think we will still have downtime, but you never know - maybe they figured out how to do it with minimal downtime. Considering how well everything else has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if they had figured out a way already.

YourOpponent
04-16-2014, 05:43 PM

It sounds that way to me too...which is very exciting. That is two to three days not being missed out of gaming if that is the case!

Drake6k
04-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I've got two accounts. One that I use and another that I haven't even logged in. (one is a pro-player and the other a grand king). Hearing that the accounts are being moved to beta, I'm still a little anxious about when I'll have the opportunity to merge the 2nd account I'm not using, with the one I currently play (where I reserved my name). Does anyone have any idea? I just don't want to miss my chance and screw up!

Xenavire
04-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Drake, we are getting codes. If you want to combine accounts, simply enter both codes in the same account, and forget about the other account. It (should) be as simple as that.

Zomnivore
04-16-2014, 06:43 PM
This deserves a giddy *SQUEEEEEEE*

Aherm, yes. Great news.

Rokku
04-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Well, I think they might just be going for a trial by fire, to be perfectly honest. Remember, beta does not mean bug-free. And they need to test everything, and get everything sorted for open beta, especially things like buying plat.

They obviously have the framework for tracking accounts in place, so fixing problems should be fairly trivial. I think it could be any time now, bugs or not. Hopefully a little later, so as many bugs as possible are squashed, but they might be on the verge of bug free anyway.

I don't expect the whole game to be bug free. There would be no problem with mail, collection manager, sound effect bugs for example. However rule engine or tournament bugs should be ironed out before people pay real money.

Imagine you are about to win a tournament and your card doesn't lifegain properly and you lose. Can you complain to crypto and get the tournament fees back? That becomes a slippery slope...

Mejis
04-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Imagine you are about to win a tournament and your card doesn't lifegain properly and you lose. Can you complain to crypto and get the tournament fees back? That becomes a slippery slope...

Pretty sure Cory has said that yes, in the event of anything like that the player will be refunded or some how rewarded.
Obviously we don't want such occurrences to ever occur, but he always said that it's us the players that come first.

GPrime
04-16-2014, 09:20 PM
To cite industry precedent, MTGO still has bugs and issues effecting tournaments on occasion. Their policy is the same--to refund entry fees.

Mejis
04-16-2014, 09:27 PM
So ... still no word on a weekly patch this week then. Maybe CZE have had a little break after two patches last week ;)

Dropbear
04-16-2014, 09:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

OH GOD

Rycajo
04-16-2014, 10:20 PM
So ... still no word on a weekly patch this week then. Maybe CZE have had a little break after two patches last week ;)

Looks like we do have a patch. And a big one at that:

https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/456600530173689859

Mejis
04-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Looks like we do have a patch. And a big one at that:

https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/456600530173689859

Whoa, nice one, thanks for posting that! I really should use Twitter and follow Hex, but I usually rely on the Alpha page for patch notices. Hopefully they'll be updating that soon too.

v0.9 is getting close!

Ali3nSan
04-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Whoa, nice one, thanks for posting that! I really should use Twitter and follow Hex, but I usually rely on the Alpha page for patch notices. Hopefully they'll be updating that soon too.

v0.9 is getting close!

This could be beta 0.9 then 1.00 is live :)

But email said beta is a new client so unless we getting a new client link it is still alpha :(

hammer
04-16-2014, 11:35 PM
Exciting - I multipledges and have xx@x.com and xx1@x.com I only received the beta info email once (which I guess makes sense) just hope I do get both my pledges to the same email address.. I am sure it will work out fine, so close !

Marsden
04-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Exciting - I multipledges and have xx@x.com and xx1@x.com I only received the beta info email once (which I guess makes sense) just hope I do get both my pledges to the same email address.. I am sure it will work out fine, so close !

That is a good point. If the emails have gone out to the usernames, a substantial number of them will have bounced.

Silent
04-17-2014, 12:07 AM
Lets not get hopes up. Set the bar low, and have everyone surprised if it happens. :) As such, I think 5%, doubling every Friday. Or Thursday, because patch day.

If I'm right after all with Beta Launch this month, then we both get a very nice birthday present :D

Malakili
04-17-2014, 12:39 AM
So it says we can log in and change our password to get ready for the beta, but when I try to login using my account it just asks me for a beta key. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, read the other thread, I see this is normal for now.

Rokku
04-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Pretty sure Cory has said that yes, in the event of anything like that the player will be refunded or some how rewarded.
Obviously we don't want such occurrences to ever occur, but he always said that it's us the players that come first.

Problem isnt some random bug that occurs rarely its the list if known issues that could result in every second tourny player requesting an entry fee refund.

Dont want to think of the customer support shitstorm that will bring.

Edswor
04-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Can't wait and with the path going to 0.9.x may be they "push" the switch to beta button ;) .

LNQ
04-17-2014, 03:00 AM
It would be very strange if all versions 0.9.x wouldn't be candidates for beta. Might stay in alpha still until some stability improvements, but tonight's version will be feature complete for beta to start for sure.

Xenavire
04-17-2014, 03:06 AM
If I'm right after all with Beta Launch this month, then we both get a very nice birthday present :D

:D