PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Option to Turn Only One Card at a Time Face Up When Opening Packs

Ertzi
04-17-2014, 01:05 AM
Okay, I know this is insanely insignificant, and this will not ruin my experience almost at all, but I'm one of those weirdos who likes to savor every card in a pack when I open them, even commons at first. I don't like that I see all the uncommons at the same time as the commons, as I have a hard time even looking through the commons then. I have found that my eyes immediately shoot for the better cards, which is a bit sad for the little guys.

I would like there to be an option to flip the cards one at a time, not only the rare. This would make my experience more enjoyable at least. Or is there already such an option and I'm just blind? It would have to be optional of course, as I would want to quickly open all my packs as well at some point. Just not at first. Am I the only one who even things such things? Can we at least show only the commons at once?

This would be even more important when Set 2 comes out, because I'm not sure yet if I even want to spoil all the cards in advance. Not sure yet how competitively I'll be playing (I would have to know every card in the PvP sets, naturally, if I were to do a lot of drafting or any kind of constructed). PvE cards I will definitely NOT be spoiling. I am already super excited to jump in there totally blind and discover all the awesomeness for the first time. Man, that is going to be sweet :)

hashinshin
04-17-2014, 02:16 AM
I agree with this.

looking at the cards for the first time and going "ooo what does this do" was a big part of card games for me.

shadealpha
04-17-2014, 02:28 AM
I would love to have a setting like that :)

jimmywolf
04-17-2014, 03:55 AM
i also would like this option, set 1 i don't mind much since we know all cards but it be fun slowly seeing the new cards in set 2 an beyond.

LNQ
04-17-2014, 05:27 AM
Must have!

Freebird_Falcon
04-17-2014, 07:52 AM
you're not alone! I like to go through 1 by 1 and enjoy the art. If I'm very familiar with the set: to stretch out the perceived value, if nothing else. Would definitely appreciate this option

incitfulmonk21
04-17-2014, 08:08 AM
Have to join in on this one. I like flipping my cards over 1 at a time.

Daer
04-17-2014, 08:08 AM
Yes an option to flip one card at a time would be welcome.

Hexgo
04-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Yes! Absolutly!
Would be nice if they come one after another like in a pack, first all commons, then commens and then the Rare.
And always really big on the screen (like the zoomed in Version).

knightofeffect
04-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Honestly, I think they should redo most aspects of the current pack opening experience. It falls well short of the dramatic pack opening experience they were going for.

Showsni
04-17-2014, 11:20 AM
I do this too; and I'd like to see it in Hex. Not as it stands, though, with the cards so small; but just one card at a time on screen, blown up as big as possible to savour the art and text. Then click it to flip on to the next one, and so on. Obviously saving the rare for last.

MDRockstar
04-17-2014, 11:25 AM
I do this too; and I'd like to see it in Hex. Not as it stands, though, with the cards so small; but just one card at a time on screen, blown up as big as possible to savour the art and text. Then click it to flip on to the next one, and so on. Obviously saving the rare for last.

This!

Xenavire
04-17-2014, 11:27 AM
I could still enjoy the flying cards and effects etc, but yes, sometimes I want them one at a time.

Gorgol
04-17-2014, 11:48 AM

This is what I'd love

Werlix
04-17-2014, 02:30 PM
This is what I'd love

I'd have to agree. The actual size of the art for the cards is 1024 x 1024 so it'd be nice to get a chance to see the full size art (or at least near it) in all it's majesty :)

(see Hex/Data/Sets/Set001/Portraits to view the full card art)

Mejis
04-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Honestly, I think they should redo most aspects of the current pack opening experience. It falls well short of the dramatic pack opening experience they were going for.

I disagree, I think the drama of the pack opening experience is fantastic, I love dropping the pack into the well and it swirling up and opening.

I do agree with the OP that an option to click on individual cards to turn them over one by one would be great. I also like to savour every one.

Kurasa
04-18-2014, 09:49 AM
I like this idea, too. I like the current pack opening experience, but I'd love to also have the option to check out the cards one by one in detail.