PDA

View Full Version : April 23rd!!!

hex_colin
04-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Closed Beta...

That is all...

shocker455
04-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Beta 23rd from kick starter update woot!

and first :D

hacky
04-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Awwwwww Yeaaaaaahhhhh!

hex_colin
04-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Beta 23rd from kick starter update woot!

and first :D

Nope, not first... http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34590

bojanglesz
04-18-2014, 01:12 PM

And 23th lol

shocker455
04-18-2014, 01:16 PM
And 23th lol
>.> <.< you saw nothing!

i guess its a tie according to the forms timer... a tie for first!

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 01:18 PM
2 days after my B'day... Damn thats like the best freaking present I will get all year (at least, I think so, never know what my fiancee bought me secretly :p).

Werlix
04-18-2014, 01:23 PM
As much as I would love Beta for my birthday, there is pretty much 0 chance of it being this month.

2 days after my B'day... Damn thats like the best freaking present I will get all year (at least, I think so, never know what my fiancee bought me secretly :p).

Ye of little faith! But I'm sure you're glad to be wrong in this case :)

Yay for beta!

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Ye of little faith! But I'm sure you're glad to be wrong in this case :)

Yay for beta!

Heh, you and me both man, really. I thought we were minimum 2 weeks out, more like a month. And bam, right around my b'day, a full month before I predicted it to be! Best news I have heard in a while, and totally got me hyped and stok3d. Now lets see how much sleep I lose while waiting for the big day... And then the other big day 2 days later. How long does it take to die of sleep deprivation? :p

Silent
04-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Xenavire, what did I tell you! Beta this month :) YEAH! *dances around and is thrilled to have a full week of beta before even reaching his B-Day* :D

YourOpponent
04-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Heh, you and me both man, really. I thought we were minimum 2 weeks out, more like a month. And bam, right around my b'day, a full month before I predicted it to be! Best news I have heard in a while, and totally got me hyped and stok3d. Now lets see how much sleep I lose while waiting for the big day... And then the other big day 2 days later. How long does it take to die of sleep deprivation? :p

My uhh "sources" say that ten to twelve days of not having sleep is usually enough for most people to die.

So naturally with closed Beta coming out in less than a week...I guess I will stay up half that time for "safety" reasons :)

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Xenavire, what did I tell you! Beta this month :) YEAH! *dances around and is thrilled to have a full week of beta before even reaching his B-Day* :D

Prediction skills pay off! :p

Hexgo
04-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Nice...!..but.. do we get trading in this patch too? o.0
Would be sad if it is monetized and all without the system for card trading imo.

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Cory confirmed that trading support will be 'soon' after Beta starts, but not day 1. Things may have changed in the short time since that was mentioned, but it seems that it is still the plan.

shocker455
04-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Just wondering when/where he confirmed that?

in the interview he said trading would be in for beta, and possibility the AH, if not the AH would only be 1-2 weeks behind

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 03:04 PM
It was the interview, and he said it would be in beta, but not the start/launch. I think he said it required something else to be complete first.

AH is after trading though, definitely.

Cory_Jones
04-18-2014, 03:08 PM
AH is in heavy testing, it should be ready "shortly" after the beta launch... please note the quotations

slowly but surely we are getting there :)
thank you so much for your patience and understanding... what we are trying to accomplish is huge and in the end its going to be amazing

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 03:13 PM
AH is in heavy testing, it should be ready "shortly" after the beta launch... please note the quotations

slowly but surely we are getting there :)
thank you so much for your patience and understanding... what we are trying to accomplish is huge and in the end its going to be amazing

Considering you just announced Beta, I don't think you have any unhappy fans right now. :)

But I think the question was about trading - mind chipping in on that? I might be misremembering.

Hexgo
04-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Sure man, good luck and all the best!
Maybe wont hurt to play "shortly" with a small pool of cards :-)

Showsni
04-18-2014, 03:17 PM
So Closed Beta is on St. George's Day? Nice! I wonder if we're getting any special St. George/Dragon/England themed goodies to celebrate?

Svenn
04-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Okay, now to try and sort out all my accounts... All 3 of them need email changes. Some of them need to be changed to the email of the other ones... it's a mess. :( Hopefully these support tickets are good by Wednesday.

Is there a new beta client or are we using the same client? There's a link to a download on the beta page but I'm not sure if that's the same one or not.

nicosharp
04-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Would be nice to get a little more information on simple player-to-player trading? I've got hungry slackers to feed.

Cory_Jones
04-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Would be nice to get a little more information on simple player-to-player trading? I've got hungry slackers to feed.

sadly nothing is "simple", AH will be first with player to player trading in "shortly" after that
all these systems are done or close to done, we just have to really do a deep testing cycle, anything to do with the movement of your virtual collectibles needs to be bullet proof

bojanglesz
04-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Lack of AH will kinda suck for a while but so excited to start building my collection. Can't wait. Have exams coming up, but hope to really dive in in a couple of weeks.

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
sadly nothing is "simple", AH will be first with player to player trading in "shortly" after that
all these systems are done or close to done, we just have to really do a deep testing cycle, anything to do with the movement of your virtual collectibles needs to be bullet proof

So I had it in the reverse order, but I was right about neither being ready yet. Glad thats cleared up.

Good luck with the feature polish, everything is shaping up nicely in the client already, so can't wait for the final major features to be implemented.

jimmywolf
04-18-2014, 03:39 PM

thanks for the update! looking forward to beta.

Axle
04-18-2014, 04:07 PM

Are we going to have ranked matchmaking some time in the beta? It's something that hasn't been talked about much in interviews or articles and is fairly important for an online game to have.

Kroan
04-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Are we going to have ranked matchmaking some time in the beta? It's something that hasn't been talked about much in interviews or articles and is fairly important for an online game to have.

I'm not sure what you want to have ranked, since there is no ladder at the moment and the tournaments are 8-man queues.

Axle
04-18-2014, 04:43 PM
ranked = ladder
even hidden elo is enough to start but visible elo is honestly best to see your progress in comparison to to other players

Some people want to be able to compete with their cards with other competitive players without having to spend money or devoting a couple hours to a tournament. The current matchmaking button seems to be fairly random and since they haven't said anything about it (and there aren't enough players to confirm it) we have no idea if there is a progressive elo rating or anything similar in the background of it. The drive to be the very best that no one ever was is important to keep people playing a game and visible elo from the get go is good for that which after release can become leagues or whatever if necessary.

Gwaer
04-18-2014, 04:47 PM
4 days before my birthday, closest without going over, your birthday is disqualified.

mudkip
04-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Can someone remind me the big milestone that beta will mark? I mean, isn't it just a feeling? Do we get our basket rewards?

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 05:39 PM
Can someone remind me the big milestone that beta will mark? I mean, isn't it just a feeling? Do we get our basket rewards?

We are meant to get our rewards either at the start, or very soon after Beta starts, plus the 4x cards will be removed, etc etc. It is simply the biggest milestone since the game made it to a playable state (Alpha/Gencon builds).

Basically, this is fricking huge, and its a great feeling, plus its important.

nicosharp
04-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the response. Bullet Proof is preferred!

AstaSyneri
04-18-2014, 06:06 PM
So I had it in the reverse order, but I was right about neither being ready yet. Glad thats cleared up.

Good luck with the feature polish, everything is shaping up nicely in the client already, so can't wait for the final major features to be implemented.

"Final"? Ah, wait, except for everything pertaining to the "MMO TCG" part, that is. I like playing with the cards we have, but playing against the AI (in the Alpha client) is still very buggy. Hex is making good progress, but we are a far way off what makes it really special, i.e. the PvE part. I would (and I believe the 100+ members of our raid leader-heavy guild would support that) say that there are still quite a few "major" features to be implemented that we haven't heard any comment on in the past weeks. Dungeons anybody?

Apart from that - will the Alpha client still be available for 4+ weeks? In The Unnamed Council we just started a double elimination Alpha tournament that's going to last another 4 weeks approximately, since our members are allotted a week to get a match done (necessary to make it work in all three major timezones - Europe, US, Oceania).

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 06:50 PM
"Final"? Ah, wait, except for everything pertaining to the "MMO TCG" part, that is. I like playing with the cards we have, but playing against the AI (in the Alpha client) is still very buggy. Hex is making good progress, but we are a far way off what makes it really special, i.e. the PvE part. I would (and I believe the 100+ members of our raid leader-heavy guild would support that) say that there are still quite a few "major" features to be implemented that we haven't heard any comment on in the past weeks. Dungeons anybody?

Apart from that - will the Alpha client still be available for 4+ weeks? In The Unnamed Council we just started a double elimination Alpha tournament that's going to last another 4 weeks approximately, since our members are allotted a week to get a match done (necessary to make it work in all three major timezones - Europe, US, Oceania).

I wasn't excluding PvE in my comment, I just wasn't directly mentioning it because I know there are will be no comments forthcoming. I definitely include all the PvE features as major features (I wont be happy until we are feature complete and launching), but I am satisfied with what is available so far.

My most anticipated feature is guilds though. Well, excluding raids.

Voormas
04-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Hell yea, looking forward to drafting without people scooping all over the place!

Of course now the paranoid part of me is worried because I put in a support request to have my login email changed - what if my beta invite gets lost in the mail!? Damn you brain why do you do this to me??!?

Xenavire
04-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Hell yea, looking forward to drafting without people scooping all over the place!

Of course now the paranoid part of me is worried because I put in a support request to have my login email changed - what if my beta invite gets lost in the mail!? Damn you brain why do you do this to me??!?

As busy as CZE will be (or do we call them Hex Entertainment now?) I am sure that they will assist you ASAP and it wont matter about lost mails - they will fix it. They are really, really good at that. :)

elfstone
04-18-2014, 08:20 PM
4 days before my birthday, closest without going over, your birthday is disqualified.

Oh snap ;).

bojanglesz
04-18-2014, 10:42 PM

Get our rewards and can start our own collection. No AH or trading lol

Zarien
04-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Get our rewards and can start our own collection. No AH or trading lol

As much as I want trading to be in right away. I'm just super happy to start soon. Can't wait.

elfstone
04-19-2014, 12:03 AM
the ridiculous amount of drafting begins sooooon, so soooon. 150+ packs to be precise :). Which is still nothing compared to some of you psychos with 4+ 250+ tiers hehe.

Btw, if anyone has bought a couple too many high tiers, im willing to upgrade my pro player for a grand king.

DanTheMeek
04-19-2014, 12:06 AM

Yes well my b-day is today, the 19th... so.... 5 days before... so you still win... darn....

Gwaer
04-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Happy birthday fellow Aprilites. Take this as one more affirmation of your superior birth month.

a-V-e-n
04-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Sounds like terrible news to me, seriously. I'm repeating myself but the game is so deeply underdeveloped it looks it needs at least half a year. Moving to paid beta this early is crazy rushing it. So much stuff needs to be fixed and even completely reworked...

Selix
04-19-2014, 02:16 AM
My birthday is the 23rd. Seems like I am going to have a good day.

Ravallian
04-19-2014, 02:25 AM
Sounds like terrible news to me, seriously. I'm repeating myself but the game is so deeply underdeveloped it looks it needs at least half a year. Moving to paid beta this early is crazy rushing it. So much stuff needs to be fixed and even completely reworked...

From my understanding there's no "cash" stuff in close beta? And any financial related stuff comes in Open?

Kroan
04-19-2014, 02:27 AM
From my understanding there's no "cash" stuff in close beta? And any financial related stuff comes in Open?
Nope. Closed beta is monetized

ranked = ladder
even hidden elo is enough to start but visible elo is honestly best to see your progress in comparison to to other players

Some people want to be able to compete with their cards with other competitive players without having to spend money or devoting a couple hours to a tournament. The current matchmaking button seems to be fairly random and since they haven't said anything about it (and there aren't enough players to confirm it) we have no idea if there is a progressive elo rating or anything similar in the background of it. The drive to be the very best that no one ever was is important to keep people playing a game and visible elo from the get go is good for that which after release can become leagues or whatever if necessary.
Fair enough. I honestly don't see the point, since I'd say that you would want to play in a tournament rather than a ladder to prove you're the very best... But that's just personal preference I guess :)

jimmywolf
04-19-2014, 03:43 AM

unless you have 2 account i did not see you stating this in your 11 post you made, also I disagree. each patch they made improvements to the game, the early builds played bad but they stated many times it was done on purpose for bug fixing, as we were in alpha

cory responded in another forum post, saying he holding card trading an AH back for a bit, to make sure that it working before they release it. as he does not want any issues if he can avoid it.

they even stated that if anything did go wrong their motto is "player first not profit" so you be taking care of for any issues you faced with micro transactions or missing cards.

not trying single you out or be mean just your post is extremely negative with no clear example why you don't think the game ready is it lack of features ? if so that the whole point of moving forward into beta, to push the game closer to been ready an getting the game live.

TLDR

i disagree with you an believe their making much better progress to releasing the game an look forward to beta.

Xenavire
04-19-2014, 03:51 AM
Happy birthday fellow Aprilites. Take this as one more affirmation of your superior birth month.

Right back at you Gwaer. And to everyone else too, happy birthday, lets get together and party in beta!

Dropbear
04-19-2014, 06:27 AM
IT'S HAPPENING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs

On the other hand, woo. I do agree that they probably could have kept in Alpha for another month to fix every single bug and test the trading/economy out but... ehhhh, I'm double guessing things.

Daer
04-19-2014, 06:52 AM
Yeah I wish beta wasn't monetized right from the start to allow some testing of the upcoming features before everything is "real"

Xenavire
04-19-2014, 07:04 AM
Like I have said before, they really need a trial by fire. They need to not only test the systems that are in place, as well as future systems, but they also need to test their support systems.

They need to check that payments made will go through, and platinum will be correctly credited. They need to check that chests and packs correctly go to the right accounts. And so on and so forth.

However... They are keeping the Alpha client up and running. They might be doing this intentionally to test specific systems in the wild before releasing them live - live being the monetised beta.

Or they are a lot further ahead than we give them credit for.

Daer
04-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Where are people getting the idea that the alpha servers will be open the same time beta is running? I've seen a couple people mention this.

The only thing I found was this from yesterdays update:

Though we said we’d be closing Alpha, we’re going to keep that open until the Beta is up and running.

Which I took to mean that there just wouldn't be any downtime between alpha and beta like they had mentioned previously. I assume that once the beta servers go live on wednesday that alpha will be shut down.

LNQ
04-19-2014, 09:22 AM
It would be really strange to have alpha and beta servers up the same time.

Xenavire
04-19-2014, 09:35 AM
'Up and running' is a relative term though. Does it have to be stable enough to support thousands of players? Or does it simply need to be stable enough to handle people logging in?

Thats why I think Alpha might be up for a few days, until they know it is completely solid - and if they have a patch to push in the meantime, what would they lose by pushing it to alpha first?

I don't think it is going to be more than a few days, but you never know.

hex_colin
04-19-2014, 09:43 AM
There's absolutely no value for CZE in keeping the Alpha server live after Beta starts. Actually, it will impede their ability to test the load on the new server(s), etc.

Hexgo
04-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Very true.

Well, I still think monetization should be the last thing in beta to come.
After all other features are implemented. While I'm kinda ok to have no ability to get to additional cards besides buying them for a "short" time i don't think its the right way to go.

Think about it what it means: People hitting the open Beta (or even the closed beta not beeing kickstarter nore even slacker backer) have about nothing todo in the beta.
They can choose a Starter Deck (only 1 if I am right) and then....? Test out the game with some NPCs (hopefully then fixed) or do some PVP with mostly kickstarter people which I don't think will be the best expirience with one of those starter decks.
In the optimal scenario you pvp someone with another Starter Deck. But this game has so much more to offer and this should be implemented at start of open beta at the latest.

Speaking of our new potential playing buddies we all want have them the best first impression and game experience they can have.
So to they stay and play with us!

Just imagine you join, can play some with the AI, play with some Kickstarters where you almost certain get destroyed 80% of the time and can't even go for some nice PVE which was so effusively announced since the start. Nether you can get some cards throu anything than paying cash. What would you think of it? Those people didn't eagerly follow every news on this game, nore rejoiced on every little improvement. Alot of them will join, play some and judge accordingly to the possibilites they are offered at this time.

However i really hope it will workout anyway!
And hopefully the community (me included) help that the "betas" expirience won't be miserable.
Maybe with some free to join guilds were we can stock decks for them to play with?

a-V-e-n
04-19-2014, 10:22 AM
As much as I want to be excited to start playing "for real", this is way too early. Lots of things look like alpha placeholder stuff, including the entire UI (except actual gameplay). It's hard for me to believe the card manager or drafting interface is the real thing and not placeholder UI that was put in to test the game engine.

There are also still lots of gameplay bugs, it may be 1/10th of what we've been seeing even a month ago but I still see them from time to time and they can ruin the game result. Do you really think the support will be refunding entry fee for any tournament where a gameplay bug occurred that could have affected the game's result?

I know there's a need to test everything but the monetization stuff should be tested last. I'm also deeply worried this game is being extremely rushed, and I don't even mean dropping the PvE.

Zomnivore
04-19-2014, 11:05 AM
With my magical foresight Beta will be delayed to May 1st!

Muahahahahh, muahahahah, muhahaha!

Also I hope not.

Axle
04-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Nope. Closed beta is monetized

Fair enough. I honestly don't see the point, since I'd say that you would want to play in a tournament rather than a ladder to prove you're the very best... But that's just personal preference I guess :)

Well there isn't much fame in winning a 8 man tournament since there would be no ranking for that (and shouldn't be? Seems easy to abuse with friends if you split the prize). You get the packs after winning it but nothing permanently attached to your account to prove your "worth". There will be monthly CZE events or whatever but that's not something that gets you to keep playing every day. There is virtually no reward from these rankings but people still get fairly obsessed over the opportunity of seeing their name at the top. If the leaderboards were shown somewhere in-game like it is in scrolls that would be neat too.

Examples of it:
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/13311672/test-season-4-final-rankings-americas-4-3-2014
http://www.scrollsguide.com/ranking
http://us.infinitywarsgame.com/leaderboards?geo=0
http://www.lolsummoners.com/ladders

Yoss
04-19-2014, 11:29 AM
As much as it would make good engineering sense to delay monetization, I think they're running out of funds for development and need to get money coming in. Just my guess. I have no insight into CZE's payroll or finances, but if the Hex team costs as much as teams I've worked on, it could easily eat up $50k or more per week. We are almost 50 weeks since the end of KS and 50 weeks at that rate is $2.5M.

FlyingMeatchip
04-19-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm suddenly sad that I won't have every single card in the set anymore....

Vengus
04-19-2014, 11:55 AM
Will make tournaments a lot more interesting though. :p

hex_colin
04-19-2014, 12:05 PM

It'll definitely be interesting on the forums for a while - people expressing their sentiments about losing their playsets.

Zomnivore
04-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Honestly going to miss, the convenience of just trying things, but now I get to have the gritty fun of trying to make a decent thing out of a mess of cards!

Will make things all the sweeter, when you're building stats for your cards.

ossuary
04-19-2014, 12:28 PM
I am not looking forward to the next piece of development, just because we're going to lose the level of access we have to mess around with stuff, but we're still not going to actually have everything in client to work towards. It seems weird (to me) to be paying money for cards but not being able to level them up or do anything else than hold on to them. I know it's a necessary step to get to full release, it's just the part I'm least interested in.

I will most likely be taking a break from the client after trying out the beta version, at least until more things get implemented... I don't really enjoy spinning my wheels unless it's by my own choice, to try stuff out and test for bugs. If playing with my own collection won't actually let me progress in any way, I'm not interested. :)

Also, I'm still kinda depressed / kicking myself that I only grabbed a King tier. Those forever drafts are looking better all the time. :p

Marsden
04-19-2014, 01:27 PM
It'll definitely be interesting on the forums for a while - people expressing their sentiments about losing their playsets.

If I'd had access like this before the KS, I would have put serious consideration into being a Producer.

Mahes
04-19-2014, 01:59 PM
As much as it would make good engineering sense to delay monetization, I think they're running out of funds for development and need to get money coming in. Just my guess. I have no insight into CZE's payroll or finances, but if the Hex team costs as much as teams I've worked on, it could easily eat up $50k or more per week. We are almost 50 weeks since the end of KS and 50 weeks at that rate is $2.5M.

I do not see them making that much money doing this. It is closed Beta and thus limits how many players can even play it. Most players have enough stuff to diddle with that they will not need to spend money for a while. I will just play my free draft initially. I will not spend a cent until the trade system is implemented. I am confused as how they plan to make the system cost mode without any form of trade in place.

It is their game so obviously they can run it how they want, but this game does not feel anywhere close to being ready to cost money. I paid once for the game and will not pay more until it is ready.

Yoss
04-19-2014, 05:06 PM
I do not see them making that much money doing this. It is closed Beta and thus limits how many players can even play it. Most players have enough stuff to diddle with that they will not need to spend money for a while. I will just play my free draft initially. I will not spend a cent until the trade system is implemented. I am confused as how they plan to make the system cost mode without any form of trade in place.

It is their game so obviously they can run it how they want, but this game does not feel anywhere close to being ready to cost money. I paid once for the game and will not pay more until it is ready.

You're right on all points, but if they're out of dev money they have to do something about it. The sooner they get the KS rewards out there and exhaust the freebies, the sooner people will start paying. By the same reasoning (they're out of money), I would guess they'll move rather quickly to public beta.

If they're NOT out of money, then I totally agree that they need to wait a bit more.

Dichdude
04-20-2014, 09:21 AM
I do worry this is being pushed along to quickly....You only get to make a first impression once.

The KS crowd know what the long term goal is and have invested into the game and are hoping the game will turn out true to the vision they were sold on. A large portion of the new player base will not wait around (or even worse) bad mouth a product which is is not up to scratch.

I presume the developers are fully aware of this and the game is being pushed forward for financial reasons. I do hope the early move to monetise will not relegate HEX to another FTP game that dies before it even gets off the ground due to releasing a buggy, feature bare and unpolished product to the masses only leaving the core players to dream of what could have been; Magic: The Gathering – Tactics comes to mind with this.

Fingers crossed everyone.

Xenavire
04-20-2014, 09:57 AM
I have to say, as long as CZE get the monetised features fixed up and rock solid before heading to open beta, then the game is more than good enough on it's own merits to make a good impression. And nothing will stop CZE doing more polish passes over the course of closed beta.

The real question is: How long will closed beta last? I am going to guess at 2 months. The first 2 weeks will be stabilising, fixing accounts, etc. After that, trading and the AH should both be implemented, or on the verge of being implemented. They need to test it thoroughly before they can move in open beta, so that is at least 3 weeks (probably closer to 5 weeks.) Any extra time will likely be put into polish and trying to push out the first PvE features.

I have to agree that they are going into monetised beta a little fast, but it will end up being a good thing.

Mike411
04-22-2014, 02:04 AM
~46 hours max to go :D

Cernz
04-22-2014, 02:11 AM
current game + AH + possibility for direct trade should be good enough for open beta
(as long as all cards work without bugs + bullet proof monetised stuff).

i dont think that we will have a long closed beta (maybe 1-2 month max.)

Daer
04-22-2014, 06:50 AM
current game + AH + possibility for direct trade should be good enough for open beta
(as long as all cards work without bugs + bullet proof monetised stuff).

i dont think that we will have a long closed beta (maybe 1-2 month max.)

Yeah I would expect beta to open as soon as AH, trades, guilds are in and functioning properly. <2 months.

Rapkannibale
04-22-2014, 07:05 AM
To all the people worried about the closed beta being monetized: Just remember,you gave CZE your money before the game was even in Alpha. Have you been disappointed since then? If the answer is yes, then simply hold off and donīt spend any more money until you feel the game deserves it. Personally I already put my trust in CZE once, so I have no problem with a monetized beta. I am sure if something goes horribly wrong that made you somehow "waste" your money they would do everything in their power to make it right.

incitfulmonk21
04-22-2014, 08:08 AM
To all the people worried about the closed beta being monetized: Just remember,you gave CZE your money before the game was even in Alpha. Have you been disappointed since then? If the answer is yes, then simply hold off and donīt spend any more money until you feel the game deserves it. Personally I already put my trust in CZE once, so I have no problem with a monetized beta. I am sure if something goes horribly wrong that made you somehow "waste" your money they would do everything in their power to make it right.

Pretty much all truth. CZE has always acted the same since the beginning and in my book that is always generous and caring about fan experience.

If you have different experiences with them that is fine and you have gotten to know them for about a year now so only you know if you should continue to support the game.

From my experience it is CZE taking the risk with monetized beta as I know that any errors that occur they will completely shoulder the responsibility plus make things better then if it never happened.

Thrawn
04-22-2014, 08:51 AM

Except that's not what most people are even worried about. It's not the issue or worry of CZE wanting our money or us spending money on the game. It's the worry that the in the opinion of many people the game is not stable or polished enough to move into a monetized stage and that the fact we are moving into it so quickly is a warning sign in regards to the progress of the game. (Yes, it's much more stable than even a month ago, I'm aware, I'm a backer as well)

Xenavire
04-22-2014, 08:59 AM
As long as it isn't open to the public, monetisation will not be negative at this point. Existing backers already know what to expect. CZE will reimburse us.

If this was open beta, I could understand the complaints. Right now, those fears are unfounded. Give it time.

Rapkannibale
04-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Except that's not what most people are even worried about. It's not the issue or worry of CZE wanting our money or us spending money on the game. It's the worry that the in the opinion of many people the game is not stable or polished enough to move into a monetized stage and that the fact we are moving into it so quickly is a warning sign in regards to the progress of the game. (Yes, it's much more stable than even a month ago, I'm aware, I'm a backer as well)

Yes I can see that worry. However I think it comes back to trust. If you donīt really trust CZE you could think that this move is the first sign that they will launch the game too soon and just want to grab our money, but I donīt think they have shown signs that that is the route they are going. In addition these systems need to be tested as well. There is only so much internal testing they can do, but they need to load test the payment options as well. Hearthstone also had a monetized closed beta so it is not something unique to Hex. In Hearthstone you didn'tīt even get to keep what you purchased (they reimbursed you the Gold equivalent of what you had spent, but if you had been extremely lucky and gotten a bunch of Legendaries, that was gone). At least here in Hex the monetary investment you make you get to keep. If you pull that awesome legendary, you will get to keep it.

I chose not to see this as a sign of horrible things to come but as a sign of progress and that the team at CZE is confident that they can move forward. :)

JonusHexx
04-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Has anyone who did not get a kickstarter account receive a closed beta key yet?

Rapkannibale
04-22-2014, 09:20 AM

I donīt think anyone has gotten that yet, not even the KS backers. At least I havenīt.

Xenavire
04-22-2014, 09:25 AM

None of my non-kickstarter friends have so far, to my knowledge. I would assume they will go out tomorrow, or later.

nicosharp
04-22-2014, 01:25 PM
So, for those of us that do not want to start popping packs open. Will the closed beta launch also include starter decks? I haven't been on top of all the information releases, so if anyone knows please let me know.

Daer
04-22-2014, 01:29 PM
So, for those of us that do not want to start popping packs open. Will the closed beta launch also include starter decks? I haven't been on top of all the information releases, so if anyone knows please let me know.

I believe it includes the starter decks. I was kind of expecting an article today detailing what beta would entail but I guess it'll come when beta hits tomorrow.

Xenavire
04-22-2014, 01:33 PM
We should have access to all the starters (except perhaps the Uruunaz one, we have absolutely no info on that.)

Ali3nSan
04-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Well it's 23rd in Australia... Hate being a day ahead sometimes :(

taliesin
04-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Same here :(

Saeijou
04-22-2014, 04:34 PM
But at least it seems official... the tweet still announces tomorrow :)
https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/458743452843274240

taliesin
04-22-2014, 04:41 PM
A day late from our perspective :(

Svenn
04-22-2014, 05:20 PM
A day late from our perspective :(
When CZE announces something then it's going to be in their time unless they specify otherwise. They are PST, so expect that any dates/times they announce are in PST unless told otherwise.

Parzival
04-22-2014, 09:22 PM
It's all good, Friday is a public holiday in Australia so we score my brothers :cool:

Khazrakh
04-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Ah well, so how exactly am I supposed to be any productive at work today ;)?

Gwaer
04-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Work harder, get a secret raise, spend the difference on hex, don't tell your loved ones about the extra cash.

Zomnivore
04-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Its april 23rd~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAGH!!!

Cory_Jones
04-22-2014, 10:39 PM
Need to be in the office at 5am, but having a hard time sleeping... To excited :)

DRawsm
04-22-2014, 10:42 PM
you and every backer cory!! lol

Gwaer
04-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Just call everyone in early. If you can't sleep No One can.

Zomnivore
04-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Seriously can't wait ahahahah

Ali3nSan
04-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Aaaaaah so exciting!

NightFinger
04-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Something went very wrong...I only heard about this game yesterday.

But beta!!

Khazrakh
04-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Something went very wrong...I only heard about this game yesterday.

But beta!!

Welcome aboard then - just in time ;)

Cernz
04-22-2014, 10:58 PM
had a bad sleep too, but maybe only because of my son who came into our bed on 01:00 am ;) ...
right after winning my last free draft tournament in alpha (i hope) ;D .... i think he felt my tautness :D

Sullemunk
04-22-2014, 11:57 PM
curse them timezones :(

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 12:00 AM
It's now the 23rd PDT. The 23rd of April rises over the CZE headquarters. The time is now! Give or take 8-10 hours.

Kroan
04-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Well, seeing that the beta server runs most likely in Germany and is maintained by GameForge, we're already at 9.18AM at this very moment. WHERE IS MY INVITE?!

Badger
04-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Hey it's a public holiday in NZ also on Friday. I didn't realise you Aussies celebrated Awesome New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) day too!

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 12:37 AM
All Aussies secretly wish they were Kiwis. That's common knowledge here in America.

Badger
04-23-2014, 12:45 AM
It's not even that secret!

Parzival
04-23-2014, 12:46 AM
You mean as much as Americans wish they were Canadians? :D

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Canadians spy too much for our delicate American sensibilities. Plus their internet is terrible.

alright I'm going to sleep. Someone call and wake me up when the beta client is available so I can download it.

Kroan
04-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Canadians spy too much for our delicate American sensibilities. Plus their internet is terrible. So the NSA is Canadian? :confused:

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 12:59 AM
I always thought it was that our governments spied on eachother for eachother, then when they share the information it wasn't themselves that spied on themselves, they were just sharing information as dictated by some sort of cooperation agreement...any laws dictating not to spy on your citizens pleasantly circumvented.

Anyway you know its late when things switch weirdly to politics. Goodnight.

Cernz
04-23-2014, 01:23 AM
go beta go o// \\o \o/ o// \\o \o/

Showsni
04-23-2014, 02:56 AM
Do we have to reset our passwords? I've got used to typing in the random mishmash of letters and numbers I was originally emailed now...

havocattack
04-23-2014, 02:57 AM
Need to be in the office at 5am, but having a hard time sleeping... To excited :)

I'm the opposite, sleeping all day so I'll be awake for the launch and to play all night ;)

Cernz
04-23-2014, 02:57 AM
they said you should change it, but i dont know if you have to change it ;) its still not clear :(

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 04:04 AM
Hey it's a public holiday in NZ also on Friday. I didn't realise you Aussies celebrated Awesome New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) day too!

I wonder how many americans actually know the proper wording of ANZAC. I mean, it is a holiday that is extremely personal to NZ and Aussie. I wonder how common knowledge it is?

Sometimes I miss NZ. But today is not nostalgia day, it's beta day!

Cernz
04-23-2014, 04:25 AM
sitting @work spamming the refresh browser button to get any news about beta start = not very productive ;D

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 04:37 AM
sitting @work spamming the refresh browser button to get any news about beta start = not very productive ;D

My guess is that they won't post any updates until approx noon PDT, and that downloads should be a little later than that.

Although arriving at 5am (about 30 mins from now I believe?) should give them a bit of a head start. I wouldn't expect any news before 9am PDT, best case scenario.

ossuary
04-23-2014, 06:34 AM
Canadians spy too much for our delicate American sensibilities. Plus their internet is terrible.

This is possibly the most ironic pair of statements ever, considering the US is well-known to have the WORST internet service for speed, reliability, and security in the developed world. Over 30% of the country is still on dial-up, FFS. ;)

Also, that whole "spying on everyone always" thing. :)

Cernz
04-23-2014, 06:35 AM
it looks quite good btw ;)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/598x336q90/834/twga.png

dwebber88
04-23-2014, 06:38 AM

Thanks for sharing ;)

Ravenclaw
04-23-2014, 06:39 AM
So, the lawn is mowed, all university stuff is done, I'm ready for CLOSED BETA! :D

Khazrakh
04-23-2014, 06:44 AM
So, the lawn is mowed, all university stuff is done, I'm ready for CLOSED BETA! :D

Aye!
Work: Done.
Training: Done.
Beta: Giiieeef ;)

SilverDirewolf
04-23-2014, 06:50 AM
Haha, it'll be here before we know it! :-P

I plan to save most of my boosters for draft/sealed, but I'm sure I'll open a few when I get on!

bofedy
04-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Come on streamers were are you!!!

havocattack
04-23-2014, 07:01 AM
awaiting the new client :D

AstaSyneri
04-23-2014, 07:06 AM
I am with Cernz here - every time I finish any little tidbit of work, I jump into the forums to see whether there are any news. I agree: Not really productive ;-).

FranzVonG
04-23-2014, 07:09 AM
I am with Cernz here - every time I finish any little tidbit of work, I jump into the forums to see whether there are any news. I agree: Not really productive ;-).

Same here ;)

Sergan
04-23-2014, 07:14 AM

/me Throw gasoline himself, light a match and run like crazy..
Go beta day!

JonusHexx
04-23-2014, 07:17 AM
I couldn't sleep last night. Like a kid on Christmas morning again and I'm 45. I love it :-)

Lyckan
04-23-2014, 07:24 AM
I am so exited, haven't been able to think about anything else since the announcement. reloading facebook/Mail/hextcg.com every 2 minutes... Thankfully I am home from work with sick child so my work will not be affected... Yet!

Rendakor
04-23-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm stuck at work, f5ing the website and my email while waiting for the day to be over.

MDRockstar
04-23-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm so stocked! Can't wait! F5..F5..F5

AstaSyneri
04-23-2014, 07:32 AM
I couldn't sleep last night. Like a kid on Christmas morning again and I'm 45. I love it :-)

The bummer is that in the likely scenario the client will be released around noon in the US - 9 p.m. over here. In the following download rush everything will break down and it will take at least three hours to clean up the mess. By the time we Europeans have installed the client, it's high time to go to bed.

Call me an optimist ;-).

arastor
04-23-2014, 07:35 AM

Last night, I literally woke up in the middle of a dream about playing the beta... three times!

(and one time in the middle of a dream about being a character in a book I'm reading right now, but that's neither here nor there)

JackD
04-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Will some beta keys be getting sent out today for the newsletter subscribers?
/fingers crossed :o

Kurasa
04-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Another person who won't be getting much done at work today over here. So excited!

Mike411
04-23-2014, 08:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwLEXXVCTxk

To quote one of my favorite singleplayer games, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?

Sergan
04-23-2014, 08:19 AM
-Open report-

12:18 CL time
Press F5
No beta in mail...

-End report-

Hieronymous
04-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Do we know precisely what rewards we'll be getting today and which we'll have to wait on? I.e., are Collectors going to get some of their alternate-art cards today? What about equipment or PvE card rewards?

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 08:28 AM
We have no idea yet.

Rapkannibale
04-23-2014, 08:31 AM
@HexTCG has confirmed via twitter that as of 15 minutes ago no emails had been sent out. They will send them out once the beta is up and running, which makes sense.

An_Idiot
04-23-2014, 08:39 AM
This is going to seriously hamper my productivity today. which is silly since I can't do anything about the beta till I get home 8 hours from now.

Westane
04-23-2014, 08:42 AM
This is going to seriously hamper my productivity today. which is silly since I can't do anything about the beta till I get home 8 hours from now.

This is going to seriously hamper my productivity today, which is silly since I don't actually do anything at work anyway. The glorious combination of being a government employee working in IT...

Vorpal
04-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Do we know precisely what rewards we'll be getting today and which we'll have to wait on? I.e., are Collectors going to get some of their alternate-art cards today? What about equipment or PvE card rewards?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if no rewards are handed out today.

That way, if it does happen, you'll be surprised and delighted :)

Daer
04-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Soon.....

HexTCG ‏@HexTCG 57s

Currently downloading via CDN and testing the new Beta client.

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I say we panic the guys hammering away on final fixings and such some more by showing more enthusiasm for hex beta!

WOOOOO!!!!!

Khazrakh
04-23-2014, 12:40 PM
WOOOOO!!!!!

This :D

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 12:43 PM
The calm before the storm.

Showsni
04-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Well, guess I have no excuse not to spend all my stuff on Alpha.

This was a good pack opening.

mudkip
04-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, guess I have no excuse not to spend all my stuff on Alpha.

This was a good pack opening.

How many packs was that? It's a great haul.

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 02:38 PM
That is a god tier amount of legendaries :)

Showsni
04-23-2014, 02:43 PM
How many packs was that? It's a great haul.

8 Primals. :)

hex_colin
04-23-2014, 03:19 PM
T-10 minutes to the retirement of the Alpha server!

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 03:23 PM

All those memories. Easily the best alpha of any game.

jimmywolf
04-23-2014, 03:28 PM

woot woot, thanks for update. now let hope we don't crash beta trying download log in all at once!

Hexgo
04-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Is there a hex pre beta launch IRC? :-)

Niedar
04-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Nope, no one uses IRC anymore unless they are on freenode involved with some open source project. But seriously we created a Hex IRC channel and it had some activity for awhile but its completely died off. There are about 5 people there including me that idle and never talk.

Hexgo
04-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Haha okey, thx for the info :-)
Well, i didn't use irc since my quake days aswell tbh, that must be like 15 years ago ^^

Cernz
04-23-2014, 11:16 PM
hm :) went to bed too early to test the client yesterday, had to download + install the client during breakfast before bringing kids to school (was quite close...) ... also i got a bit late to work ;) (not that bad anyway :D)... now i am hoping that the hotfix will eliminate the most bugs, that i can try the game after work (as long as my wife grants me an extra day for hex - after staring the whole wednesday on my notebook waiting for beta) ...

frychikn
04-23-2014, 11:36 PM
anybody having problems logging in?

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 11:37 PM
I believe the servers are down, as they do additional fixing tinkering, sleeping, and other essential life supporting functions.

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Servers are down for 12 hours or so. There's a sticky in this forum.

frychikn
04-23-2014, 11:45 PM
i see.. lol man it would have been nice to know what they were going to do..... i hope in the future they are way more vocal than this. i definitely stunted my work progress yesterday anticipating release, and now its finally released just to find out i wont be able to play it til 12 hours from now :/.

sigh.

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 11:47 PM
To be fair they didn't know it would need an additional 12 hours of tinkering, and I assume everyone still appreciates that they've spent a long day working to get everything up to snuff.

Hopefully you get some time in later tomorrow.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 12:01 AM
They worked an 18-20 hour day today. There comes a point you just have to go to sleep and let Ze Germans handle it.

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 12:53 AM
i see.. lol man it would have been nice to know what they were going to do..... i hope in the future they are way more vocal than this. i definitely stunted my work progress yesterday anticipating release, and now its finally released just to find out i wont be able to play it til 12 hours from now :/.

sigh.

They did exactly what they said they'd do - release Beta on April 23rd.

Unfortunately they weren't quite prepared for the demand of people finally getting some of their KS rewards. It's Beta, it happens.