PDA

View Full Version : Hex for tablet

Ravallian
04-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Hi guys,

I KNOW it's coming and its important for the team to get the game ready for launch but I just like to emphasize to the HEX team that its important to get this out soon after the game is release.

I felt the need to bring this up as previously I only played Heartstone when there was really nothing else to do, but now that they have released it on the iPad, I have to say, the convenience of not being tied to the desk and the portability of it is quite liberating and will in my opinion bring in ALLOT of players who didn't know about it as well.

I can't wait for HEX to come to the tablet and I'm sure it'll draw a crowd nicely after some people get "introduce" to the whole TCG concept from Heartstone!

Gwaer
04-18-2014, 11:27 PM
I hate, loathe, cannot stand, despise, am violently ill while playing hearthstone...

But I've been playing it on my ipad since the ios release... =/

Badger
04-19-2014, 01:50 AM
I actually think tablet is a low priority. Hearthstone takes 8 minutes so tablet support is really important but given that hex is more in depth I think that it is important to get it feature complete for a complete desktop experience.

Ravallian
04-19-2014, 02:21 AM
I actually think tablet is a low priority. Hearthstone takes 8 minutes so tablet support is really important but given that hex is more in depth I think that it is important to get it feature complete for a complete desktop experience.

For sure, priority right now, would be to get out a full featured desktop build out, in an ideal world (may already being done this way) a separate team would be working on a portable version that can be release soon after but not at the cost of a desktop build.

What I'm trying to say is that a tablet version on its own will get MANY more players that would not have normally come across HEX and more people playing is always good, it should not just be seen as an add-on for those already playing.

Xenavire
04-19-2014, 03:46 AM
The tablet build is already functional. We have heard about it in the recent streams, although not much. It needs to go through a few design passes (for better touch controls, stability, etc) but it isn't as far off as you might think.

The way Cory talked about it, they need to do some serious polish, but it is coming along nicely, and will be released as soon as they are satisfied with it.

Yoss
04-19-2014, 09:19 AM
My friend plays Hex on his SurfacePro just fine.

Niedar
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM
The tablet build is already functional. We have heard about it in the recent streams, although not much. It needs to go through a few design passes (for better touch controls, stability, etc) but it isn't as far off as you might think.

The way Cory talked about it, they need to do some serious polish, but it is coming along nicely, and will be released as soon as they are satisfied with it.

Well the PC version needs serious polish as well so that is not surprising.

knightofeffect
04-21-2014, 09:26 AM
I hate, loathe, cannot stand, despise, am violently ill while playing hearthstone...

But I've been playing it on my ipad since the ios release... =/

Not sure why Gwear =P. I went into HS extremely skeptically back in its beta, but it is a pretty amazingly deep game with extremely well produced gameplay. At first it seems pretty shallow, but there is a surprising amount of nuance in strategy and anticipation that leads to really rewarding gameplay. I'll definently be playing Hex, but HS will be right there with it in my book.

Gwaer
04-21-2014, 09:31 AM
^ nope. It remained very shallow for me. It feels like half a tcg. It looks alright. The sound effects are good. It's a quintessential recent blizzard game all flash, no crunch. I was a die hard blizzard fan, but sc2, D3, HS, and wow expansions have really made me think that blizzard has lost something special it used to have and is just going through the motions. I blame vivendi.

knightofeffect
04-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Meh, I'm the opposite. Never been huge into Blizzard, although I played SC1 and D1 enough for sure, but mostly skipped everything since.

I can understand the game feeling shallow, and while I have no desire to be a HS defense force at all, I feel in person I could explain some facets of the game that lend itself to fairly deep strategy. Nevertheless, the game does come off as not complex, yet already has a decently established esports scene; combine that with IOS and we could see HS to for ccg/tcgs what WoW did for MMOs.

Approachable with a somewhat smooth curve to the try-hard high-end and mass appeal through slick presentation. If it ain't broke...

Disordia
04-21-2014, 09:43 AM
I've never heard anyone describe hearthstone as a deep game before. Well polished, but not deep.

knightofeffect
04-21-2014, 09:49 AM
While "deep" might not be the most applicable word, it is the simplest. Perhaps "nuanced in multifaceted strategic card advantage-cost-tempo evaluations" with, at-times, complex attack-play ordering and varied small mathematical problems all at a 90s per turn pace.

That's probably the most accurate description of its "depth". =)

Personally, I have only played the game purely in F2P mode and have gone from being happy with a 4-5 win arena, to getting my first 12-wins, to going infinite a few weeks after the game fully launched. (averaging about 7-8 win arenas)

Now that the game has launched on IOS and there is a massive influx of unskilled players, going infinite (for the finite near term =P) is no big accomplishment.

Marsden
04-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Tablet is important so I can login away from home to harvest the Lotus Gardens ;)