PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Easter for Hex.

YourOpponent
04-20-2014, 07:58 AM
So we have a race of blood thirsty rabbits in Hex...any ideas of what could be done with that for Hex for future Easters? I mean that's too good of a concept right there to not pass up.

Xenavire
04-20-2014, 08:01 AM
A card with Shin'Hare roasting a Verdant Wyldeboar? :D

Rapkannibale
04-20-2014, 08:12 AM
Just an idea of the top of my head:

Name: Easter Egg Hunt
Cost: 3
Threshold: Wild
Type: Basic Action
Pick one of the following three cards and reveal it. If it is an Easter Egg, discard it. Then, take a random troop from your opponent's deck and put it into play under your control. Shuffle any non Easter Eggs back into your deck.

*The game would basically choose three random cards from your deck (one of which is an Easter Egg - assuming you have one left in your deck) and you have to "find" the egg.

Aradon
04-20-2014, 09:52 AM
I feel like using the vicious and bloodthirsty shin'hare as the mascots of what is to many people a very significantly religious holiday will rub a lot of people the wrong way. I'm certainly not opposed to some fun/humor/event, but there are certainly some areas of humor that would be best left unexplored :)

Easter-egg skinned treasure chests would be fun. Seems to have lots of room for holiday consumables in the form of candy for PvE.
I think my idea of holiday events has been pretty thoroughly informed by Guild Wars' holidays, if my default expectation is 'candy consumables' XD

Xenavire
04-20-2014, 10:00 AM
I don't see why Hex can't have a slightly darker Easter event - look at the Valentines goblin, and the Night of bells - both are just slightly darker versions of their real world counterparts.

It is a clever thing to do, and it shouldn't be seen as blasphemy - it is harmless fun. I mean it isn't like we want to show the Shin'Hare performing a ritualistic sacrifice, just a gathering of Shin'Hare cooking a boar, or seeking Hex Shards instead of eggs, or whatever.

syphonhail
04-20-2014, 10:07 AM
So we have a race of blood thirsty rabbits in Hex...any ideas of what could be done with that for Hex for future Easters? I mean that's too good of a concept right there to not pass up.

Also a little tidbit for those against doing something for Easter because it's a "Christian" holiday...technically it isn't because Easter is actually a holiday that originated thousands of years ago in honor of Ishtar (pronounced Easter) and her son who was fond of rabbits and was murdered by a boar...which is also why most people eat ham on Easter....as for the egg part...that originates from Ishtar landing on our planet it in something that looked like a giant egg.

So the actual lore about Easter itself is interesting material that could be incorporated to an event for Hex.

I am not opposed to the Easter theme at all, but this business about Ishtar is regurgitated year to year through internet memes and is not true. The name likely comes from the Anglo-Saxon pagan goddess Eostre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%92ostre. The link between various myths of Ishtar and Easter are mostly fabricated or linked through mere association. As with most internet rumors, check Snopes (or for best results, perform original research) first before passing it on.

Aradon
04-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Sorry, don't mind my comments. I don't mean to say it can't be slightly dark humor, but only that there is a definite boundary.

A plant garden-style 'easter egg' that opens up to a random permanent could be a fun holiday card as well :)

Xenavire
04-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Sorry, don't mind my comments. I don't mean to say it can't be slightly dark humor, but only that there is a definite boundary.

A plant garden-style 'easter egg' that opens up to a random permanent could be a fun holiday card as well :)

I like that idea - hatch the egg to win a prize! Or something. :P

syphonhail
04-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Cryptozoic engaged the Warcraft IP before and held WoWTCG holiday events:

FlyingMeatchip
04-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Don't rabbits give live births?

Zomnivore
04-22-2014, 12:04 AM
Don't rabbits give live births?

There should be an alternate art wild garden where the plant is hiding a giant egg, and the 5/5 it creates can be a chocolate rabbit..and the plant spores are like bunnies...or peeps

The giant Goliath thing it creates can be the easter bunny.

CZE I'll take my stipend for creating this devious concept out in chocolate coins (I know its a different holiday, but chocolate money seems fitting)