PDA

View Full Version : Guilds

Shadowspawn
04-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Does anyone have a link to latest info about when Guilds will be up even just to form groups? Thanks... as a GM backer, it lack of comms on this issue is starting to irk.

Kroan
04-21-2014, 01:12 AM
I think cory said its very high of the lists coming either with closed beta or very short after closed beta

chili
04-21-2014, 08:35 AM
I think cory said its very high of the lists coming either with closed beta or very short after closed beta

It's next in the list after the AH but will not be on release

Xenavire
04-21-2014, 08:45 AM
I think Guilds will not be in at launch, or even early, but they have to be in before open beta. It was a kickstarter stretch goal to have priority guild creation for backers, and I know CZE won't go back on that.

Plus it is a very important feature, that will be expanded on throughout beta, so they need to have the framework in early.

Gwaer
04-21-2014, 08:55 AM
... Launch is after open beta. Launch is after all betas. Launch is likely when PVE is ready. We should definitely have guilds by then.

Xenavire
04-21-2014, 08:58 AM
I was referring to beta launch Gwaer. In context, that is completely obvious. 2 days away - are we getting guilds? No. In 2 weeks? Perhaps.

But before open beta? I am certain of it.

Gwaer
04-21-2014, 09:07 AM
It's important to not muddy terms. Launch is used specifically in many articles about timeline of features. So is release. So if you want to use those terms in any context outside of launch of the game at release after beta qualify them. I'd never think of moving to beta as a launch so it didn't occur to me that is hoe you were using the term.

Xenavire
04-21-2014, 09:16 AM
It is the launch of a new phase - I am probably using incorrect terminology, but the context should have been clear. Regardless, beta will be monetised, so it is effectively the PvP launch, because things will not be wiped and will carry over to live/official launch. Again, not quite the right terminology, because it will not be the official launch date, but it is as accurate as anything I can think of right now.

Hex really is going to be going through a gated launch process, through necessity.

ossuary
04-21-2014, 11:43 AM
No, Gwaer is right. It may be the TRANSITION to a new phase of development, but it is not, under any accurate form of terminology, a release or a launch. Those terms are incorrect, and anyone who uses them in that context, even the developer, is incorrect. If you are referring to release or launch with no other qualifiers, people will think you mean official, full-fledged launch. You need to qualify beta if you mean beta - or better yet, don't say launch or release at all.

Early Access, Greenlight, and Kickstarters with beta access have really effed up the terminology for everyone. :p

Xenavire
04-21-2014, 12:11 PM
No, Gwaer is right. It may be the TRANSITION to a new phase of development, but it is not, under any accurate form of terminology, a release or a launch. Those terms are incorrect, and anyone who uses them in that context, even the developer, is incorrect. If you are referring to release or launch with no other qualifiers, people will think you mean official, full-fledged launch. You need to qualify beta if you mean beta - or better yet, don't say launch or release at all.

Early Access, Greenlight, and Kickstarters with beta access have really effed up the terminology for everyone. :p

We should just create a new term to mean 'next phase' without having to fluff around with words like beta and alpha etc. I gotta admit, I use launch the wrong way, and it does piss me off now that I think about it, but I want a catch all term to cover it so I can be lazy. :D

Thrawn
04-21-2014, 12:37 PM
I would also assume the release of Guilds is just going to be a super basic, create a guild, people can join it, you can chat together and nothing else.