PDA

View Full Version : New way to play both sets

aventajado
04-21-2014, 06:22 AM
Hey guys,

We've been trying this format of combining both sets. Only one copy of each villain and hero in the main deck and only two copies of each super power and equipment.

Makes valuable hero's like deadman or raven and villains like clayface and granny goodness, even more valuable . . .

What you guys think?

atheist4thecause
04-21-2014, 06:28 AM
I see balance issues. Superman and Batman could become amazing while Hawkman would get hurt a ton. How do you deal with cards like Suicide Squad that need to be in multiples?

Rtsands45
04-21-2014, 09:08 AM
we have done this too. the deck ends up being like a normal deck. As for the super powers we included 2 of each because in the normal deck there are 16 which leaves you with about 5 and 6 unique superpowers from set 1 and 2 and about 24 equipment.

Zuty
04-21-2014, 10:27 AM
I like where this was headed, but, as Atheist pointed out, it does lead to balance issues.

I think the best way to possibly combine both decks, would be some sort of draft prior to each game in which cards are randomly selected from either deck and used to build the deck. I'll have to test it out and figure out what works best, but my original idea was doing what some players do in Magic: the Gathering and make a "Cube", a collection of the best Magic cards which are drafted out to players to build their deck. It would be similar, but instead of building your own deck, you're building the main deck.

~Zuty

kmonarq7
04-21-2014, 12:28 PM
I posted up our combined Deck list here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34188&page=2

It seems to work out well, and leads to some high powered games.