PDA

View Full Version : Trading KS Accounts?

dwebber88
04-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Sorry but i couldn't find this anywhere on the forums and i've forgotten what CZE said about it.

Say someone has a pro but wants collector and someone else the other way arround.

Are we allowed to trade KS Accounts?

fido_one
04-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Sorry but i couldn't find this anywhere on the forums and i've forgotten what CZE said about it.

Say someone has a pro but wants collector and someone else the other way arround.

Someone will answer better than I, but I think you can do whatever you want with your KS reward code UNTIL you attribute it to an account [in closed beta]: once that happens it's bound to that account for good, though you can still trade a lot of your rewards to another account.

Kami
04-22-2014, 03:03 PM

Officially, no.

This is to protect the users.

Keep in mind that there is a prohibition on buying/selling/trading accounts.

Someone will answer better than I, but I think you can do whatever you want with your KS reward code UNTIL you attribute it to an account [in closed beta]: once that happens it's bound to that account for good, though you can still trade a lot of your rewards to another account.

You can do what you want with your KS reward code (unofficially) but keep in mind that if you get scammed, etc. You may not have any recourse.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc#Account Trading

dwebber88
04-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Then the next question, can i offer a trade on these forums, knowing trading isn't "supported", and counting myself as responsible for the risk?

Slish
04-22-2014, 03:15 PM
So to clarify it more: It is not forbidden, but don't expect any type of support in case something goes wrong.
Am I right?

Gwaer
04-22-2014, 03:16 PM
More like... It is forbidden, but there isn't really anything they can do about it, but if you screw around and mess up don't come crying to them.

hex_colin
04-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Then the next question, can i offer a trade on these forums, knowing trading isn't "supported", and counting myself as responsible for the risk?

No, you can't use these forums.

dwebber88
04-22-2014, 03:19 PM
No, you can't use these forums.

Thank you.

Then my final question. Is there any legal way to upgrade my kickstarter king account to a pro or collector or atleast get the benefits from it?

Gwaer
04-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Afraid not.

FlyingMeatchip
04-22-2014, 03:35 PM
I think everyone would be calling for an upgrade.....

dwebber88
04-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Hmm guess i'm gonna stick with my own account then still. But suggest a "kickstarter upgrade slacker" feature to CZE.

Zarien
04-22-2014, 03:37 PM
I think everyone would be calling for an upgrade.....

This. I waited forever hoping Corey would release some of the accounts that were refunded to the rest of us to auction or something. I would have definitely purchased another 250 tier.

Rendakor
04-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Hmm guess i'm gonna stick with my own account then still. But suggest a "kickstarter upgrade slacker" feature to CZE.People have been asking for this since the KS ended, with the devs remaining adamantly against it. With beta launching literally tomorrow, I'd say the ship has sailed.

ShadowTycho
04-22-2014, 03:44 PM
I never thought to ask this, cause i assumed since it was not in the EULA it was okay.

we are allowed to gift ks accounts then(since a gift is not buying/selling/trading)?

I purchased an extra king tier specifically for this and my friend has been happily playing since they sent him an invite under the impression that he will eventually be able to change the name to his and own it outright(the purpose of giving it to him).
from the EULA:

4. Transfer of Account.- You may not rent, lease, lend, redistribute or sublicense your Account or any part of the HEX Game.

interesting side note: in poking about trying to find out if any of the above restrictions applied to gifts, the prohibition on redistribution made me stumble on the fact that you account cannot be willed to someone after your death... harsh.

fido_one
04-22-2014, 03:56 PM
I never thought to ask this, cause i assumed since it was not in the EULA it was okay.

we are allowed to gift ks accounts then(since a gift is not buying/selling/trading)?

I purchased an extra king tier specifically for this and my friend has been happily playing since they sent him an invite under the impression that he will eventually be able to change the name to his and own it outright(the purpose of giving it to him).
from the EULA:

4. Transfer of Account.- You may not rent, lease, lend, redistribute or sublicense your Account or any part of the HEX Game.

interesting side note: in poking about trying to find out if any of the above restrictions applied to gifts, the prohibition on redistribution made me stumble on the fact that you account cannot be willed to someone after your death... harsh.

There was a lot of talk of gifting during the KS: while they did not come out and officially state it*, I know CZE supports gifting before the KS begins. They'll have systems in place to see if extensive 'gifting' is someway to con the system (with multiple VIP passes or such).

As far as the account not being transferred to the living after someone's demise, I'm assuming this is somewhat standard in the MMO world - if you want to pass on your perks upon death, be prepared to give your beneficiary your username and password. I don't know if that is totally on the up and up or not, but if you're talking about yourself, you know, who cares if you piss CZE off, you'll be dead.

*As per usual, I was wrong, they did state it, see Gwaer's post below...

Gwaer
04-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Gifting has been explicitly allowed. Hopefully some of the legalese there is just boilerplate, CZE has proven to be a reasonable company in the past, so willing your collection to someone in the event of your death would probably be alright.

Selix
04-22-2014, 04:26 PM

from the EULA:

I would assume that this would not apply in the scenario where you bought an account for a friend as long as you do not use nor have any intention of ever using said account.

AFAIK it's the same as your friend buying the account but you paying for it. It's still "their" account.

Yoss
04-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Then my final question. Is there any legal way to upgrade my kickstarter king account to a pro or collector or atleast get the benefits from it?

Depends what you mean by "legal". I'm pretty sure it is legal as far as national laws are concerned. CZE won't support it, but they also can't sue you for trading codes. (Note that's CODES, not ACCOUNTS.)

(Disclaimer: not offical legal advice)

ShadowTycho
04-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Gifting has been explicitly allowed. Hopefully some of the legalese there is just boilerplate, CZE has proven to be a reasonable company in the past, so willing your collection to someone in the event of your death would probably be alright.

do you know where this was stated? im just wondering now so if its a big effort to find it then to bad for me.

and in response to some of the above, i got it and gave it to him on christmas without offer or consideration, just assignment(if we're getting legal up ins.) I have a grand king account myself, there isn't anything that is tradeable on his account that i don't already have.

Gwaer
04-22-2014, 11:26 PM
I don't remember exactly where it was said that gifting is okay... But there have been quite a few contests, that had prizes as SB, and those have been promoted by CZE people at various times, and that is just a form of gifting. So there's proof all around of that one.

AstaSyneri
04-23-2014, 02:38 AM
It's pretty simple, really: During the KS there were no rules forbidding the trading of ... let's call them tiers. CZE puts up rules that forbids the trading for accounts and you accept that with EULA, once you do have an account.

Until a code is tied to an account, there is nothing CZE can do about it, legal or otherwise, but they have to "condemn" in just in case any liability questions crop up.

So, yes, you could trade, gift, whatever your Kickstarter codes, it's entirely at your own risk. Do you really want to get rid of anything you got in this great Kickstarter, though? ;-)

Caveat: Of course you can't do any in this regard in this forum, the Forum's Code of Conduct forbids that.