Repaired Install
Modified config.ini to force specific Resolution

Macbook Pro 15" Early 2011
i7 2.2 GHZ
4 GB Ram
OS X 10.9.2

Gregzilla
04-23-2014, 10:45 PM
I can't even login. I put in my password, hit enter... starts but then stop sand every time I hit login after that it start-stops.

Macbook Pro 13", 2011, Mavericks.

Back to waiting. About to cry.

BossHoss
04-23-2014, 10:47 PM
I can't even login. I put in my password, hit enter... starts but then stop sand every time I hit login after that it start-stops.

Macbook Pro 13", 2011, Mavericks.

Back to waiting. About to cry.

Server is currently down until 11:00am PST according to twitter

Gregzilla
04-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Oh, thank god, it's not me. Okay. Okay. Breathing again.

Animedragon
04-24-2014, 03:14 AM
I was worried as well :D well, I guess I wait to play tonight then!!

specialsaucereid
04-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Can't go between apps on Mac client…hurts my ability to play a game if I can't go check an email or look at a card list without logging out then going through the long login process again.

Jinuyr
04-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Fresh install here on my MacBook Air 2013. I am able to patch the game and do a Repair Install but clicking on PLAY NOW! does closes the client completely. Not sure if this is an effect of the downtime but I am assuming that it should at least get to the login before it rejects me. I will reinstall and advise if it changes.

Thanks.

Razorwynd
04-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Just tried logging in and was finally able to get past entering account information. Loading screen froze at about 100%.

Machine is a Early 2008 Macbook 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Due 2gb Ram and OSX 10.7.5

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Just tried logging in and was finally able to get past entering account information. Loading screen froze at about 100%.

Machine is a Early 2008 Macbook 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Due 2gb Ram and OSX 10.7.5

The servers are down. 2 hours to go.

Razorwynd
04-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Can't go between apps on Mac client…hurts my ability to play a game if I can't go check an email or look at a card list without logging out then going through the long login process again.
Would REALLY be nice to feature soon…Thanks for working so hard CZE

haderak
04-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Macbook Pro Retina 15"
OSX 10.9.2

User Interface Issue 1 -
When loading Hex, the application window has a white border around it, like it isn't completely filling the application window. It functions fine, but it makes it look unprofessional. The image should fill the entire application window.

User Interface Issue 2 -
When entering account information, text appears on the bottom onto of the login button, "Game login failed." The error message should be contained in a dialogue box or similar. With the text going right over the button, it looks really cheesy. This is about how the error message is displayed, not the fact it occurs.

User Interface Issue 3 -
The pictures on the both sides of the Hex logo on the login page are very grainy and look very low res. It looks bad. Not that the pictures are actually a lower res as I don't see pixelation, but they are lacking in detail and very grainy, like really bad film. It makes the login look very cheesy, and of low quality.

Bug 1 -
The application will not save resolutions. This is when connected to a secondary monitor using thunderbolt adapter. I can get it to go into windowed mode using Option-F, but I can't get it to change resolutions. The external monitor is 1680x1050.

Bug 2 -
If I login with my alpha credentials I get the "Game login failed." message from my user interface note 2. If I reenter the same login information a second time it brings me to the "Loading Data" screen and it sits there forever. The bar moves to the end, but it never loads the game. I will check the credentials I am using and maybe reset the password, but the bug is that if it was wrong, it should never go to loading data in the first place. It is inconsistent that I get two different behaviors with the same login details.

Draqoin
04-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Mac OS X 10.8.4 2.6 Ghz and 8 GB
keep name is either Hattydragi or i was able to change it to Hattydrago before the game became like the image below.

Razorwynd
04-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Bug 2 -
If I login with my alpha credentials I get the "Game login failed." message from my user interface note 2. If I reenter the same login information a second time it brings me to the "Loading Data" screen and it sits there forever. The bar moves to the end, but it never loads the game. I will check the credentials I am using and maybe reset the password, but the bug is that if it was wrong, it should never go to loading data in the first place. It is inconsistent that I get two different behaviors with the same login details.
Apparently, this is because the servers are(were?) down…but they appear to be up right now.

Also is there a list of recommended system specs?

I would have thought that a online card game would not be unnecessarily intensive, but it appears to be unplayable on a Early 2008 Mac Book 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM. Yeah, I know the machine is 6 years old, but it still browses the web just fine and for a while I could play 3v3 in LoL.

ZenBuddhist
04-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Mine's currently stuck opening a booster pack. They're all back facing me, so I have no idea what they are, and there's no OK to send them to my card collection.

I don't know if the pack will return as unopened if I close the app and restart or if it's already in my card collection.

Foolish me, I didn't check how many boosters I was at when I opened the pack.

Fugitive787
04-24-2014, 03:04 PM
I was able to move pass the login issues, but when I try and start a game either against the AI or another player, the client would go to the general black screen with the HEX logo. After about 5 minutes I get the message unable to start game. I thought it was a server issue but I tried with my PC Client and the matches do start. I'm not sure where to begin addressing this issue for the MAC client.

MacBook Air 11, Mid 2012 OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks

burtlo
04-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Similar to @ZenBuddhist, attempting to open a booster pack worked the first time. The second time the opening process froze on the card backs. Leaving and returning to my card collection shows that the cards have been added. So essentially on the Mac Client I cannot see the animation or open another pack without leaving and returning.

* When searching for a game, it continues to search until it times out.

1. Select "Play Now"
2. Select "Proving Grounds"
3. Select "Play"
4. Select "Challenge"
5. Finding Player dialog appears
6. Times out

* I cannot accept a Game Challenge. The dialog pops up of a player who challenges me to a game and nothing happens when I press "Accept".

* I cannot start a game versus AI.

1. Select "Play Now"
2. Select "Proving Grounds"
3. Select "Play AI"
4. Select "Challenge"
5. Screen blacks out

Essentially in the beta as it is currently deployed I cannot open my cards in any efficient manner that I will be able to get through in my lifetime. Most importantly, I cannot play a single game versus the AI or another player.

ryuukan
04-24-2014, 05:22 PM
I am unable to use 1280 x 800 (widescreen) in fullscreen mode. It only displays at 1024x768 in fullscreen

13" Macbook pro, mid 2012, 10.9.2

Scod
04-24-2014, 06:02 PM
I had only minor issues running the alpha client where i'd have to login, force quit out then go in again as the first login you couldn't click on anything and you would see anything loaded behind the game coming through when you moved the mouse around. After installing the beta client I tried logging in and it went to a black screen after the hex ent. screen. So i repaired and tried again got through to the TOS which was completely blank of all text, clicked the accept button and it goes to the login screen which other than the esc x and the login/password & remember me boxes, is completely pink and i can't login.

Machine is a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 4GB DDR3 10.6.8 (was holding out on mavericks until kinks where ironed out)

DRawsm
04-24-2014, 07:45 PM
i currently cant log in even though ive changed my password several different times but im sure you guys will have it fixed soon! im on osx X lion 10.7.5 late 2011

dwebber88
04-24-2014, 07:51 PM
i currently cant log in even though ive changed my password several different times but im sure you guys will have it fixed soon! im on osx X lion 10.7.5 late 2011

This may be related to the servers currently crashing again :) They're working on it!

whythelastman
04-24-2014, 08:25 PM
After logging in, as soon as I move my cursor or click on something, I get the rainbow of death. I literally cannot do anything in-game.

EDIT: I've noticed that the background animation freezes within seconds (the cloak stops moving), but the music continues to play as the rainbow of death spins. I end up having to force-quit and log in again.

13-inch, Mid 2012 MacBook Pro. OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks

HAPPY EDIT: I finally logged in and didn't freeze!

animagnum
04-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Similar problem here. Latest MacBook Pro with Mavericks. Game was getting stuck at the "Loading Data" screen but now I can't even get past the login screen. It bounces me out as if my password was incorrect but there isn't an error message or anything.

Update: Reseting password seemed to fix it. Not sure why it suddenly stopped working, however. Now it loads much faster and I'm able to play.

Zalrus
04-25-2014, 06:19 AM
Hey, I'm still unable to log in; I put in my password and it loads, but then kicks me back to the login screen with no sign of error.
I've tried resetting my password, uninstalling and reinstalling, repair installing, and I still am not able to log in. I am using a 2012 Macbook Pro with 10.9.2. If I can find a solution to this, that would be helpful, thanks!

haderak
04-25-2014, 07:28 AM
Macbook Pro Retina 15"
OSX 10.9.2

Bug 1 -
The application will not save resolutions. This is when connected to a secondary monitor using thunderbolt adapter. I can get it to go into windowed mode using Option-F, but I can't get it to change resolutions. The external monitor is 1680x1050.

Update on Bug 1 above -
Tried without the external monitor. Same issues whether I have the external monitor or the laptop display only. In full screen mode cannot access any resolution other then 1024x768. It set it to something else, but never take effect. Restarting the client puts it back to 1024x768. In windowed mode I can get other resolutions.

New Bug 1 -
Possibly related to the resolution, but the cards look horrible in both the play screen and the deck building / inventory screens. They are a blurry mess, where I cannot actually read the cards unless I click on them to zoom in. This makes it difficult to play and build decks, especially for new players. I want to be able better able to read the cards and some of the information on them when building the decks and playing a game. Even when I do get the screen to be a higher resolution in windowed mode, it is still difficult to read the cards. Cannot attach a screenshot right now because the servers appear to be down and I cannot login.

ryuukan
04-25-2014, 12:32 PM
I am unable to use 1280 x 800 (widescreen) in fullscreen mode. It only displays at 1024x768 in fullscreen

13" Macbook pro, mid 2012, 10.9.2

I tried the windows client on the very same mac under windows 7 x64. The widescreen 1280x800 worked fine in full screen mode. Definitely a Mac client issue.

MASFUEG0
04-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Macbook Air 13" 2013 Mavericks 10.9.2

I enter email and password then proceed to hit log in. Application takes me to loading screen and redirects me back to login in screen.

Deiwos22
04-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Mac OS X 10.8.4 2.6 Ghz and 8 GB
keep name is either Hattydragi or i was able to change it to Hattydrago before the game became like the image below.

iMac 27" Mid 2010, 2.93 GHz Intel i7, 8 GB RAM, running OSX 10.9.2
I am experiencing the same problem as above which wasn't happening when I last logged in a few days back.

My screenshot of it: 1674

Edited: Cause I kept finding really poor descriptions of my computer :/

Animedragon
04-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Macbook Pro 10.9.2 8 GB ram 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Can't get any of the settings when clicking on top right gear

ringlord
04-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Macbook Pro 10.9.2 8 GB ram 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Can't get any of the settings when clicking on top right gear

Try closing chat first. It's what I had to do.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Today's mac patch does not exist, please make one soon

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 07:05 AM
Today's mac patch does not exist, please make one soon

I believe there will be one before the servers go up. Everything is still down, so just be patient and don't stress out :) I am sure CZE has it covered.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 07:54 AM
I believe there will be one before the servers go up. Everything is still down, so just be patient and don't stress out :) I am sure CZE has it covered.

The mac port didnt come until a week before alpha shut down, and now its unusable a week after beta started. I think thats reason enough to be disappointed.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:12 AM
The mac port didnt come until a week before alpha shut down, and now its unusable a week after beta started. I think thats reason enough to be disappointed.

I am going to say it is teething pains/technical issues. I can't think of any major game that doesn't include the mac patch at the same time as the windows patch, and I am certain Hex will be no different.

But I am proven wrong about the timing, and I apologise.

Gregzilla
04-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Yeah.... it keeps failing to update. I can't patch at all. "sighs" Back to patiently waiting I go.

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Still waiting. I realize there are other way more serious fires to put out but is this patch coming today or is the mac port going back into the "Soon" folder?

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Still waiting. I realize there are other way more serious fires to put out but is this patch coming today or is the mac port going back into the "Soon" folder?

I am certain that several devs are on mac clients (at least one has confirmed this) so I bet they would be doing what they can to have it up and running ASAP.

FoundInTheFlood
04-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Hours have passed and still no DL with the mac client :/

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 05:23 PM
...and we're back in the "Soon" folder

Manson0815
04-30-2014, 12:09 AM
hope client will be up soon for mac waiting long time for it

Lothlorien
04-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Mac client working again, patching right now.

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 06:15 AM
Mac client working again, patching right now.

Wow, it just updated this early? Way to go CZE! Well, on early morning problem solving, not the previous ball dropping.

Lothlorien
04-30-2014, 06:42 AM

Same here. In addition all Mac gestures are ignored (for switching between desktops/full screen apps, open Mission Control, etc.).

Other bugs:

text in login and password fields can't be selected
the terms of service / license agreement text is cut off (Mac only), see screenshot

Lothlorien
04-30-2014, 10:43 AM
FWIW you can exit fullscreen mode by hitting CMD+F (thx to whoever posted this in the game chat)

TinyDragon19
04-30-2014, 03:49 PM
I'm just stuck on the loading screen is anyone else having this problem :O?

Xenavire
04-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm just stuck on the loading screen is anyone else having this problem :O?

Servers are down for maintenance - that is completely normal. The devs are aware they ned some sort of server status alert, so you are right to want that (as I am sure that will be your first thought. :))

Makizushi
05-01-2014, 08:31 AM
FWIW you can exit fullscreen mode by hitting CMD+F (thx to whoever posted this in the game chat)

That could've been me.

It sucks though, that they're using the pre-10.6 full-screen mode. But unfortunately that's down to Unity. I don't know if Unity even supports OS X's "modern" full-screen mode. FWIW, Shadow Era (also a Unity game) has the same issue

Kaea
05-01-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm having the same exact issue for quite sometime now. Let me know if you have any luck. Still trying to figure out this issue.

pheedsta
05-02-2014, 05:31 AM
I had been running the client through Parallels but of course upgraded to the mac client when it released. Both clients really seem to run my mac very hot. I have the latest MacBook Pro Retina with 16GB RAM and the fans crank up soon after the game starts. Doesn't seem to put too much load on the CPU (around 9%) so not sure why it is running so hot.

Lothlorien
05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks Maki for the CMD-F trick.

It sucks though, that they're using the pre-10.6 full-screen mode. But unfortunately that's down to Unity. I don't know if Unity even supports OS X's "modern" full-screen mode.

Did some research on the Unity forums, and I'm afraid you may be right. This means that CZE will have to write (or license) a Unity plugin to enable the functionality, something that'll probably have 0.1% priority. In the meantime, it would probably be a good idea to startup the game client in window mode, to avoid people freaking out.

Btw, Apple no longer admits apps into their App Store that rely on keyboard shortcuts to switch between full screen and window mode.

whythelastman
05-08-2014, 08:16 AM
BUG: Inventory doubling

This occurred today after I entered in my second collector code. After nothing showed up, I logged out and back in and then my rewards appeared. After that, the last two times I logged out and back in, the game doubled my regular packs and added 20 primal packs. Not that I'm complaining, but perhaps this is something to look into?

EDIT:

Annnnd now back to normal (exited the program and relaunched HEX). I wonder what would have happened if I tried to open all the packs? O_O

Brunellus
05-08-2014, 03:27 PM
After clicking "Play Now!", focus doesn't automatically shift when not in full screen mode.

Redbeastmage
05-08-2014, 09:46 PM
After relogging from an in game bug, I lost my chat client, and my cursor was way out of alignment. I wasn't able to click on some of my cards at all, or was clicking the one next to where I my cursor actually was. I couldn't open options to change out of full screen or use any keyboard commands to escape the program, and had to limp through the rest of my draft basically unable to play for real.

iMac 2013 model, 3.4Ghz i7 running OS 10.9.2

Thunderfinger
05-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Your Display Name: Thunderfinger
Bug Description: Lag
Steps to Reproduce: Happens randomly during games and when drafting
Frequency: Almost every game and draft
Additional Information:

I'm having a few problems with the Mac version of the game. I'm playing on a Maverick system, and i'm getting some pretty bad lag at times. During almost every game, the game will stop responding for about 30 seconds to a minute. On my screen, i see the opponent's clock going down, but on theirs, they are waiting for me. At these times, the chat is not working, and when the game comes back, my clock has gone down (which will eventually be a problem in a tournament i'm sure).

I am also getting lag during drafts, which is even worse. I've done two draft tournaments, and in each one, at some point, when drafting cards, i frantically click on a card and drag it down to get it, but it does not register and gives me another card at the end of the timer. I've lost two cards that way, but for half the cards, I have to frantically click and drag for it to eventually register. I've tried in full screen and windowed, and I get the same problem for both.

Also, as a side note, my internet connection is rock solid, i play a ton of online games and never get any problem with lag. The length of the lag problems combined with the stability of my internet makes me pretty certain that my connection is not the issue here.

Thanks

Edit: I've done a few more drafts now, and I haven't had any more problems when picking cards when dragging and dropping. However, the lag during games has still happened every single game and is very stressful during slow tournament games.

Vjun
05-10-2014, 05:59 AM
Hey

Has anyone else's Beta just suddenly stopped working?

I installed it 3 days ago and have had no issues running it since then. But today when I try to play it, all I get is a black screen.

I hit the 'play now' button on the app window and it just cuts to a black screen, I know it usually does this and then goes to the login page, but at the moment it won't budge from the black screen.

Im running it on the Maverick OS on a Macbook Pro.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

MurphysParadox
05-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Your Display Name: Greyvale
Bug Description: Computer reboot right after receiving three red icons in a chest opening.
Steps to reproduce: Go to the open pack screen, pull over an Uncommon Chest, click roll (with 5000g in bank). Money is spent, the icons start appearing. Three different red ones appear, the "three red" prize details on the bottom left is outlined in a box. The client then crashed to desktop and the system rebooted.
Frequency: Once. A common chest was rolled up, no crash but it came up without red icons.
Additional Information: Running OS X (10.9.2) MacBook Pro. The Uncommon Chest is now listed as No Roll; I don't know if it gave me anything for opening.

Makizushi
05-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Thanks Maki for the CMD-F trick.

No worries :)

Btw, Apple no longer admits apps into their App Store that rely on keyboard shortcuts to switch between full screen and window mode.

Wait, what? That doesn't sound right. Do you mean "can only switch using keyboard shortcuts"? Because ctrl-cmd-f is the standard across Apple's own apps as well. What I believe the actual distinction used in the App Store is "only allow post-Lion fullscreen, no longer allow pre-Lion fullscreen".

Gawd, I wish Unity could do this. Because this is something that ails all Unity apps.

After clicking "Play Now!", focus doesn't automatically shift when not in full screen mode.

That's actually logical. The game and the updater are two separate applications. OS X does not allow one windows screen to steal focus from another window. A old-style, pre-Lion fullscreen app starting up is another beast and can steal focus.

FoundInTheFlood
05-13-2014, 08:39 AM
THE MAC client isn't working .... AGAIN !!!! It tires to download some kind of filelist.txt (retrying 6) file or whatever it is .... Windows client working .... Plz don't make this happen after every patch! What's the problem?

Makizushi
05-13-2014, 09:53 AM
It's because of the update, the bug fixes. They still need to upload the new client to the DNC :(

NDC. CND. CDN. Whatever.

FoundInTheFlood
05-13-2014, 10:37 AM
But why do they always do it that late?

BTRC
05-16-2014, 03:35 AM
Something that has happened to me twice now on the Mac (OS X 10.7.5, MacBook) is that if my opponent concedes in the middle of my quick action, the game seizes up halfway to the concede screen. That is, the current play state blurs out, but nothing else happens...ever. Only cure is to quit and restart the app.

cferejohn
05-19-2014, 02:56 PM
As of this morning the Mac Client seems to be broken entirely. I was playing last night and it worked fine. This morning after launching it from the updater I go to a black screen and nothing happens (I waited 15-20 minutes just in case). I tried several times and also restarted.

Oh, macbook on 10.9.2

Update: Install repair did not fix the problem.

Thunderfinger
05-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Your Display Name: Thunderfinger
Bug Description: Game stops responding
Steps to Reproduce: Happens every single draft tournament during drafting or games
Frequency: Every single tournament
Additional Information:

Since the latest patch, I haven't been able to complete a single draft tournament. In the first tournament I participated in, the game stopped responding after an attack phase of mine in the first game of the second round. In the other two tournaments, the game stopped responding during the draft.

Before the last patch, i never had the game stop responding completely. I was getting some lag very often, but the game always used to come back. Now, I have to stop doing tournaments until a fix is released for this problem. Am I the only one whose game stops responding every single tournament?

Brunellus
05-26-2014, 12:42 PM
running 10.6.8
Spinning on a common chest with exactly 1200 gold produces an error:
WOF_Chest_Gold_ERROR

laborlawlarry
05-26-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't know if this has been reported already, but the Mac Client doesn't seem to play sound effects the way the PC client does. Is this a known/intentional issue or this bug on my client only?

Cato
05-28-2014, 12:59 AM
In game options screen/cog on the main menu takes multiple clicks to open, sometimes lagging by up to ten seconds.

Display settings / resolution cannot be changed - stuck on 1024 x 740. Mac native resolution is 1440 x 900, but the game cannot change to this. When you try to change it briefly resizes correctly for 1 second, before reverting back to the basic.

MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2012 running OSX 10.9.3 Mavericks

BTRC
05-29-2014, 06:46 AM
Here's a trivial one. If you go to the campaign setting (globe in upper left of home screen) while you have no connection, it will give the "connection lost" dialog, but it does not bring up a login screen, nor if you exit to any other part of the game will it give a login screen. For instance, you can go to proving ground and fight an AI, but it will endlessly sit on the shifting starscape without ever recognizing that there is no connection. Only cure is to quit and restart.

Kaea
05-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Jinuyr, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Let me know please because I've tried just about everything with no luck.

laborlawlarry
06-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure for Mac bugs if we should keep posting here or create a new thread for each specific bug. Regardless, I have an issue that none of the sound effects work. If I "repair" the install, they work for one game but then disappear. I really like the sound effects and hope this can get fixed. :(

Makizushi
06-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Oddly, I've had that happen today too. First AI game has SFX, second didn't.

Animedragon
06-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Anyone get the pass combat phase bug? Happened twice today and cost me my winning round :(

HellFro
06-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Has anyone had a problem with the store?
When I click on the store icon in the client my laptop crashes. It also slows the client considerably after it happens. Like the ai takes seconds to move slow.

I'm on a
Processor 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo
Memory 2 gb 667 MHz ddr2 sdram
Version 10.6.8

I just want to give the game my monies!

neutraldog
06-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey, this has happened to me a few times. Most recently in Tournament 16826. I'll be in the middle of a game and my comp will just crash- It doesn't happen with other games, and it looks like a graphics card crash because my screen goes black and my computer then stops communicating with my monitor altogether, forcing me to restart my computer and lose the game.

I play other games on this computer, much more graphics intensive games, and this is the only game that causes this problem.

I'm on 10.6.8, a 2011 Mac Pro, its got a RadeonX1900.

I too want to give the game my monies, but if I keep auto-losing tournaments because the game makes my computer unnecessarily crash

User name: Jabroni
Steps to Replicate: Apparently spend money on a draft and then be in the middle of winning a game
Frequency: Thrice now. First time I thought it was a fluk. 2nd time pissed me off but I was too stupid to mention it here. Now is 3rd time.

Ragnafrak
06-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Edit: Sorry, wrong forum.

Kronos
06-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Bug: Client hangs when clicking quick action as damage is resolving in combat.

Repro: Playing a Proving Grounds game against AI. During my turn I have troops attacking and have moved past blocking phase. The damage animation going from the troops to the opponent's champion and a blocking troop is drawing. I clicked on a Wild Growth which was still glowing red-orange as if actionable, but it was really too late in combat phase to play a card. I got the spinning beach ball of death and the client was frozen.

Environment: Windowed Hex client 1280x800, running on MacBook Pro 15" Retina mid-2012, OS 10.9.3, 2.7 Ghz i7, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, 500 GB storage.

I have a screenshot but the uploader failed for me.

Ragnafrak
06-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Bug: Survival of the Fittest doesn't take into account Swiftstrike

If the two troops are going to battle each other, it seems like keywords should be in effect.

Inkscratch
06-28-2014, 02:16 AM
Your Display Name: Inkscrap
Bug Description: Got locked in a match with Dorkelvania under Tournament 17346.
Steps to Reproduce: Wi-fi disconnect?
Additional Information: Both players stuck Syncing with both timers counting down at the same time.

Macbook Pro 13, 2012 Maverick

Makizushi
06-28-2014, 07:02 AM
Bug: Survival of the Fittest doesn't take into account Swiftstrike

If the two troops are going to battle each other, it seems like keywords should be in effect.

That is not a Mac OS X-client specific bug or report, that is a games-rule report. Also, it's not a bug, but acts as intended.

Makizushi
06-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Your Display Name: Inkscrap
Bug Description: Got locked in a match with Dorkelvania under Tournament 17346.
Steps to Reproduce: Wi-fi disconnect?
Additional Information: Both players stuck Syncing with both timers counting down at the same time.

Macbook Pro 13, 2012 Maverick

Did you kill the game client and restart it? If so, what was the effect?

BlastYoBoots
07-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Fresh install here on my MacBook Air 2013. I am able to patch the game and do a Repair Install but clicking on PLAY NOW! does closes the client completely. Not sure if this is an effect of the downtime but I am assuming that it should at least get to the login before it rejects me. I will reinstall and advise if it changes.

Thanks.

I just had this old issue myself, installing the client on my Mac partition for the first time (have it on my Windows partition too where it works fine), and I managed to find a solution: Hex has to be in your Applications folder, nowhere else. I initially had it in an obscure subfolder of a shared directory nowhere near Applications, so when I clicked "PLAY NOW" it exited and nothing happened.

ryuukan
08-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Is there any chance of adding 1280 x 720 windowed mode?

fullscreen widescreen resolution is still busted

Cato
08-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Is there any chance of adding 1280 x 720 windowed mode?

fullscreen widescreen resolution is still busted

Seconded.

Still awaiting fullscreen resolution fix for Mac. I've tested the client on OS 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9, across multiple Macbook Pro series, replicates on all of them.

DataDragon
08-04-2014, 01:30 PM
On the next patch, we should see some changes for the mac that should make life easier.
Once this patch is out, then we can see where we stand.

Vext
08-21-2014, 10:11 AM
I have been out of alpha/beta testing for many months for reasons I won't go into here. As part of this I no longer have the laptop I previously used so I did a fresh install on my current Mac laptop. I was able to get it all installed and get all the way through the patcher. However as soon as I click "Play Now" it just exits and Hex never starts. I saw the previous comment that Hex.app needs to be in /Applications, but that was true from the beginning. Is there anything else that is likely causing this, or anything I can try?

"MacBook PRO Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 running 10.9.4 Mavericks"

Vext
08-22-2014, 08:14 AM
I have been out of alpha/beta testing for many months for reasons I won't go into here. As part of this I no longer have the laptop I previously used so I did a fresh install on my current Mac laptop. I was able to get it all installed and get all the way through the patcher. However as soon as I click "Play Now" it just exits and Hex never starts. I saw the previous comment that Hex.app needs to be in /Applications, but that was true from the beginning. Is there anything else that is likely causing this, or anything I can try?

"MacBook PRO Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 running 10.9.4 Mavericks"

Ok so turns out it was something with running with external monitors. Once I disconnected and ran it again without any monitors attached it loaded fine.

DataDragon
08-22-2014, 12:03 PM
That's an odd issue. I run the client on a macbook pro with an external monitor without issue.
But good to know that this could affect something.

Cato
08-25-2014, 09:04 AM
On the next patch, we should see some changes for the mac that should make life easier.

Awesome. I work as an ACMT in an Apple Service Centre and have access to hundreds of machines across the range. If you ever need a weirdly specific Mac build ever tested then let me know. :)

ryuukan
08-26-2014, 07:44 AM

Now that we're two patches ahead, do you know where we are standing yet?

DataDragon
08-26-2014, 07:22 PM
The mac client looks good on my various MACs, so I would say we stand well?
If there are issues, now is the time to bring them up post patch.

ryuukan
08-27-2014, 06:01 AM
The mac client looks good on my various MACs, so I would say we stand well?
If there are issues, now is the time to bring them up post patch.

Widescreen still does not work in fullscreen mode

please add a 1280x720 windowed mode

animagnum
08-27-2014, 09:21 AM
MacBook Pro 13" Retina 2014

Error on launch, tried repair install no difference:

Process: HexPatch [8780]
Path: /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/HexPatch
Identifier: HexPatch
Version: ???
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: HexPatch [8755]
Responsible: HexPatch [8755]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-08-27 09:18:34.172 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: C97EA764-124D-1D7C-01BD-A39C49E24281

Sleep/Wake UUID: 02A13684-43D2-4EFE-A394-8A924CA45EEB

Crashed Thread: Unknown

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000fffffffc

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x00000058 ebx: 0x00000000 ecx: 0x00000000 edx: 0x00000000
edi: 0x00000000 esi: 0x00000000 ebp: 0x00000000 esp: 0x00000000
ss: 0x00000023 efl: 0x00010203 eip: 0x00002ac0 cs: 0x0000001b
ds: 0x00000023 es: 0x00000023 fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000000
cr2: 0xfffffffc

Logical CPU: 1
Error Code: 0x00000006
Trap Number: 14

Binary images description not available

External Modification Summary:
Calls made by other processes targeting this process:
task_for_pid: 0
thread_create: 0
thread_set_state: 0
Calls made by this process:
Calls made by all processes on this machine:
task_for_pid: 38235
thread_create: 1

Model: MacBookPro11,1, BootROM MBP111.0138.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 2.6 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.16f58
Graphics: Intel Iris, Intel Iris, Built-In
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x802C, 0x384B54463531323634485A2D314736453120
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x802C, 0x384B54463531323634485A2D314736453120
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x112), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (6.30.223.154.65)
Bluetooth: Version 4.2.6f1 14216, 3 services, 23 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0
Serial ATA Device: APPLE SSD SM0512F, 500.28 GB
USB Device: Internal Memory Card Reader
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
USB Device: BRCM20702 Hub
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 17.2

animagnum
08-27-2014, 10:59 AM
I'd also like to add that a fresh install produced the same results as my error above.

DataDragon
08-27-2014, 07:31 PM
ryuukan;
I showed the widescreen to the client devs, so they are now aware.
I tend not to play in full screen mode, so I hadn't noticed it not fitting to widescreen.

animagnum;
Your issue is a curious one. We've not had any massive crashes like that on our hardware, so I am curious what is unique about yours. The client isn't very complex, so it is definitely odd to see it do that. I don't have any advice for you just yet beyond making sure there's not any problems with your mac outside of Hex that could be causing this. I'll pass your log info along and see if anything comes of it.

Cato
08-28-2014, 06:41 AM
I can also confirm widescreen overspilling on a 15" Macbook Pro Mid 2012 whilst in windowed mode.

I can also confirm that Post Patch with Fullscreen Mode ticked the client still fails to accept any resolutions above the default 1024x768. Despite the native resolution for the mac being much higher. You select the new resolution in settings, the game flickers and goes black briefly before defaulting back to 1024. Repeats on all selected resolutions in full screen mode. Repeats to a Macbook Pro Retina 13" Late 2013 and Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012.

animagnum
08-28-2014, 09:01 AM
DataDragon:
The game works today but I'm not sure why. It's possible it had something to do with Chrome being open at the same time but I'm not sure. I'll keep checking to see if it happens again.

Bug report:
The tooltip widget for the Options and Chat buttons in the upper right corner blocks clicking of those two buttons. The only way I've been able to click on these is to quickly mouseover and click before the tooltip appears. It appears that the tooltips are preventing mouse click events from getting through.

animagnum
08-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Okay, so I tried the game on another computer (iMac 21.5 inch Late 2012) and got the same crash bug as on my laptop:

Process: HexPatch [25952]
Path: /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/HexPatch
Identifier: HexPatch
Version: ???
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: HexPatch [25833]
Responsible: HexPatch [25833]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-08-28 11:21:14.730 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 2DA4F6FC-393B-7910-DDCE-F3586E290F8F

Crashed Thread: Unknown

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000fffffffc

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x00000058 ebx: 0x00000000 ecx: 0x00000000 edx: 0x00000000
edi: 0x00000000 esi: 0x00000000 ebp: 0x00000000 esp: 0x00000000
ss: 0x00000023 efl: 0x00010203 eip: 0x00002ac0 cs: 0x0000001b
ds: 0x00000023 es: 0x00000023 fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000000
cr2: 0xfffffffc

Logical CPU: 0
Error Code: 0x00000006
Trap Number: 14

Binary images description not available

External Modification Summary:
Calls made by other processes targeting this process:
Calls made by this process:
Calls made by all processes on this machine:
task_for_pid: 259945
thread_create: 1

Model: iMac13,1, BootROM IM131.010A.B05, 4 processors, Intel Core i5, 2.9 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.9f5
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, PCIe, 512 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x80AD, 0x484D54333531533643465238432D50422020
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x80AD, 0x484D54333531533643465238432D50422020
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0xF4), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.106.98.100.22)
Bluetooth: Version 4.2.6f1 14216, 3 services, 15 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: APPLE HDD HTS541010A9E662, 1 TB
USB Device: PTK-640
USB Device: Hub
USB Device: Keyboard Hub
USB Device: 2.4G Multimedia Wireless Kit
USB Device: Apple Keyboard
USB Device: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
USB Device: BRCM20702 Hub
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Thunderbolt Bus: iMac, Apple Inc., 23.4

DataDragon
08-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Are you running an anti-virus, animagnum?
That might be a common thread between your macs.

animagnum
08-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Nope, I am not running an anti-virus.

DataDragon
08-28-2014, 05:52 PM
There must be something relatively unique about your experience, and yet on both your macs.
I run chrome when I use Hex and don't have crashes, so that's not it.
So far, no other users have come forward with a crash, forum or support ticket.

animagnum
09-04-2014, 03:01 PM
It seems to work on the iMac after I ran repair install again. I'm not sure if that's what fixed it but it did finally load.

I have looked into the chat/options tooltip bug I mentioned earlier and it seems to only happen when the game is running in full screen.

DataDragon
09-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks, that's good info.
I don't often run in full screen, so I wouldn't have seen it myself.

Vinjii
09-05-2014, 12:56 AM
DataDragon:
Bug report:
The tooltip widget for the Options and Chat buttons in the upper right corner blocks clicking of those two buttons. The only way I've been able to click on these is to quickly mouseover and click before the tooltip appears. It appears that the tooltips are preventing mouse click events from getting through.

I get that as well. I can't click the option's menu as usually the mouseover appears faster than my click.

DataDragon
09-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I highly recommend that if you can turn off full screen mode, do so.
Right now, full screen mode is buggy, and I find windowed mode to work very well.
MacOS itself doesn't really like apps to be full screen, so I wouldn't be surprised if the OS is fighting with it.

Vinjii
09-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Ok. Will try. However with a 13 inch screen I prefer games full screen.

ryuukan
09-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Widescreen in full screen mode is still broken in the new patch

Rapierian
09-30-2014, 12:04 PM
The inability to switch apps in the mac is now compounded by the inability to close the client from the login screen. This means that if you have a problem such as the duplicate login bug, you've got to restart your entire computer.

Brunellus
09-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Widescreen in full screen mode is still broken in the new patch

This is a new one to me for this patch. Suddenly entering full-screen yields a black field from which I cannot exit.

Ogodei
10-02-2014, 08:04 AM
the inability to switch apps in the mac is now compounded by the inability to close the client from the login screen. This means that if you have a problem such as the duplicate login bug, you've got to restart your entire computer.

⌘ + q

deejay
10-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Since the new patch I can no longer copy & paste my password to login.

I use 1password to manage my passwords and after doing my usual routine of copy/paste I realised the problem was the string is too long...not sure what the string is as when pasted into text editor it is correct password. Easy enough to work around but does involve revealing my password to anyone over my shoulder...then again the passwords generated by 1password are tough for anyone to casually remember so I should be ok.

brelse
10-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Since the new patch I can no longer copy & paste my password to login.

I use 1password to manage my passwords and after doing my usual routine of copy/paste I realised the problem was the string is too long...not sure what the string is as when pasted into text editor it is correct password. Easy enough to work around but does involve revealing my password to anyone over my shoulder...then again the passwords generated by 1password are tough for anyone to casually remember so I should be ok.

I have noticed the same thing. From experimenting with the username field, it appears that the content is being pasted in twice for some reason. Hopefully, it will be a simple fix.

Deathlock
10-04-2014, 01:13 AM
1. Since the new patch can't start playing in any mode. The game goes to screen with stars, and then shows a message "Unable to start the match. Please try again". After that "would you like to reconnect to disconnected game", and pressing "confirm" button leads to a terribly laggy gaming table. It is totally unable to play. I tried different resolutions in windowed mode and fullscreen, also tried reinstalling the client several times.

2. There is one problem, that stays from the old client, and doesn't change at all. The game runs fullscreen only in 1024*768. If i try to set another resolution, it goes back to 1024*768. I can set any resolution in windowed mode, and it goes ok, except of terrible issues described in the first paragraph.

MacBook Air Mid2012 13" MacOS X 10.9.5

Please help. I don't want to quit playing this awesome game :(

animagnum
10-04-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm experiencing an issue on multiple computers (Mac OS X) where the game stalls at the loading screen. It completely loads the game after logging in but then it just sits there until I either press Cmd-Q or force quit the application. I've tried on different internet connections but he results are the same.

animagnum
10-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Figured out how to fix the problem I was having: I needed to show hidden files using the command line and then delete two Hex-related .plist files from <Home>/Library/Preferences/ and then re-install the game.

Will you ever fully support full-screen resolutions on Mac OS? I realize the game runs better in windowed mode but your resolution options are all larger than the visible resolution (1280x800) on the latest MacBook Pros. This means I can't see the entire screen when I am in windowed mode regardless of whatever resolution I have selected. Kind of a bummer.

Counter
10-08-2014, 12:34 PM
This likely does not affect many people, but I'm running OSX 10.10 Yosemite Beta. It seems every time a new beta is release it gives the error "cannot open application." I figured out if you uninstall Hex completely and then reinstall again it fixes the issue. I think it has something to do with Hex not being downloaded from the App store nor an Apple release. There's the setting in security that's "allow apps downloaded from." Even though I have "anywhere" checked, Yosemite is a little finicky about these settings now.

Baker
10-09-2014, 09:29 AM
After this morning's patch I can't log into the game... Just a black screen and spinning beach ball after the HEX logo plays. I've tried to repair several times, no luck. Macbook Pro late 2011, 17", OSX 10.9.5

Counter
10-09-2014, 10:53 AM
I know it doesn't help you but mine is working. Just try complete uninstall and reinstall. Who knows, maybe it fixes it.

Baker
10-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Going to try that now... It's helpful to hear that other people's systems are working, so I do appreciate the feedback Counter!

Well, still no luck after a reinstall...

Just moved the client over to my Mac desktop at work to test and it's fine on 10.6.8, so no clue what's going on.

herdofcaribou
10-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm having the same issue as Baker. I am on a MacBook Pro Late 2011 15" running OSX 10.8.5

Tried deleting the .plist files and a fresh install and it still hangs up after the HEX logo.

Baker
10-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Tried a few more times with fresh installs, tried to run things full screen to see if it was window resolution issues, I still got hang-ups and had to force quit to exit Hex every time... I took the client I moved to the 10.6.8 desktop back over to my 10.9.5 MBP and it started somehow working again.

Counter
10-09-2014, 03:19 PM
I have a late 2013 Mac Pro running 10.10 Playing first sealed event now. Everything seems fine. Also I always have the game installed on bootcamp and in fact I do bootcamp and paralells with coherence mode. So basically if the mac version in anyway seems bugged can run the PC version. But at the moment I'm able to run 2 clients simultaneously, pc and mac version on two different accounts. Far as I can tell the clients are the same. Although for some reason the PC version downloaded faster. Maybe the file is smaller, who knows...

HellFro
10-09-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm having the same problem with the freeze after the Hex logo. On a 2014 MacBook Air, OS X 10.9.5

herdofcaribou
10-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Ever since I deleted the .plist files for a fresh start the game always launches in full screen mode and crashes. Is there a way to change it to windowed mode in the patcher?

Its a real pain to have to hard restart my computer everytime it crashes. Otherwise is there a way to get back to desktop other than cmd+tab?

Can I edit the .plist files to make it windowed?

Its really making it annoying to test if I have fixed the issue if I have to do a full restart.

DataDragon
10-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Something that might help with these issues is that there is now a player.ini file inside the Hex app that you can modify manually to test resolution and fullscreen.

As an example, here are my settings on the mac:

ResolutionX=1024
ResolutionY=768
Fullscreen=False

pheedsta
10-10-2014, 02:39 PM
I was having the same issues with my MacBook Pro retina where the game froze after the Hex logo. I had moved the Hex .plist file to the trash but it still didn't fix the issue. What I had failed to do was empty the trash... I'm guessing Hex was still using the file even though it was flagged for delete. Once I emptied the trash it loaded fine (still in full screen mode but on the lowest res). I think I'll be running it in windowed mode for awhile...

herdofcaribou
10-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Something that might help with these issues is that there is now a player.ini file inside the Hex app that you can modify manually to test resolution and fullscreen.

As an example, here are my settings on the mac:

ResolutionX=1024
ResolutionY=768
Fullscreen=False

I tried copy and pasting this into the player.ini file but it still open in fullscreen mode. I'm kind of stumped at this point.

Veetor
10-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm having same problem, logo splash screen the 50% CPU usage as rainbow ball of death spins on black screen.

Just re-installed again, and seems to be working.

DataDragon
10-10-2014, 04:16 PM
If you haven't downloaded the new patcher and reinstalled, you will not work properly anymore.
The player.ini only works correctly with the new patcher.

herdofcaribou
10-10-2014, 04:54 PM
I downloaded a new patcher when you guys changed the UI and I downloaded it again yesterday when I tried the fresh start.

herdofcaribou
10-10-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm having same problem, logo splash screen the 50% CPU usage as rainbow ball of death spins on black screen.

Just re-installed again, and seems to be working.

Did you do anything different when you re-installed?

ryuukan
10-10-2014, 07:46 PM
The client is completely broken on any mac with only a intel GPU

Counter
10-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Not sure why but I've been having OSX Gatekeeper lot allowing me to open Hex. If I reinstall it, Hex runs fine. After on any subsequent attempt to start the program get the error "The application Hex cannot be opened." I know the game works because it runs fine after initial install. I've changed the Gatekeeper settings to allow apps downloaded from anywhere, but that doesn't fix the problem. Strange how the app worked fine for a few days and now suddenly not at all. Could be an issue with 10.10 and unidentified developers. Been googling to find an answer.

pheedsta
10-11-2014, 10:57 PM
After reinstalling and getting it to work yesterday, I tried playing today and I get the black screen, spinning ball and nothing else again. Can't play the game at all as it stands.

DataDragon
10-13-2014, 10:55 AM
ryuukan: I play a a mac mini at home without issue, and it only has an intel GPU. There must be something unique about your setup.
Counter: We did notice that the developer signing seems to be broken on the newer builds. We are working on a fix.

In general, make sure that the config.ini and patch.ini make sense. I'll see if I can find a good ini file to post here for reference.

ryuukan
10-13-2014, 11:14 AM
ryuukan: I play a a mac mini at home without issue, and it only has an intel GPU. There must be something unique about your setup.
Counter: We did notice that the developer signing seems to be broken on the newer builds. We are working on a fix.

In general, make sure that the config.ini and patch.ini make sense. I'll see if I can find a good ini file to post here for reference.

It's been working until last week's patches. The ini tweak did not help.

Baker
10-13-2014, 11:59 AM
I never had any problems until this last patch too. However once the client started working again for me on 10.9.5, it's been fine ever since. I did notice on the last install that finally worked I got a popup warning me Hex was an unsigned program and do I want to proceed with installing it... Didn't have that message before, but had it the first time when I installed the new King Gabriel patcher/client and everything was working. Might explain why my 10.6.8 setup was fine because it was before apple heavily integrated the app store into the OS and I have it turned off on that machine?

Baker
10-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Just saw this bit of info in another forum post having problems on Windows 8.1, but support had also provided a solution for Mac that might be helpful:

Fresh Start - Mac
Press Command+Shift+G
Type: ~/Library/Preferences/
Locate unity.Cryptozoic.Hex.plist
Delete this file
Relaunch HEX

Edit: I see some people in this thread mentioned deleting the plist file, but I never saw clear instructions on how to do it until now. Since this resets Hex to default settings you might have problems with the client going full screen by default. I know I had display issues on my Mac(s) until I started running them in windowed mode.

ryuukan
10-13-2014, 01:35 PM
tried deleting the prefs as well, no go

pheedsta
10-13-2014, 03:09 PM
This bug is completely random. After reinstalling; it still didn't work. I then deleted the .plist files; and it worked. Next day; it would not work. Today, it worked first go so I tried closing it and going back in and ... it does not work (subsequent tries all end with the same black screen).

FYI I'm running a MacBook Pro Retina 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM with a NIVIDIA GeForceGT 650M 1024 MB video card, running OS X 10.9.5. The game has never had an issue on this machine until the last patch.

RoyalNightGuard
10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Just saw this bit of info in another forum post having problems on Windows 8.1, but support had also provided a solution for Mac that might be helpful:

Fresh Start - Mac
Press Command+Shift+G
Type: ~/Library/Preferences/
Locate unity.Cryptozoic.Hex.plist
Delete this file
Relaunch HEX

Edit: I see some people in this thread mentioned deleting the plist file, but I never saw clear instructions on how to do it until now. Since this resets Hex to default settings you might have problems with the client going full screen by default. I know I had display issues on my Mac(s) until I started running them in windowed mode.

After deleting the plist file I also had to run the Repair Install from the first screen to get it to work.

Counter
10-13-2014, 06:57 PM

Just updated OSX Yosemite 10.10 to build #6. Did a fresh install of Hex and it seems to be working again. Computers can be finicky.

pheedsta
10-14-2014, 01:16 AM
After deleting the plist file I also had to run the Repair Install from the first screen to get it to work.

This seems to have worked for me also. Logged in twice today without an incident.

mydragoon
10-14-2014, 02:14 AM
just checking... anyone have this problem where clicking on hex (application folder) does NOTHING? as in, nothing loads up? i dread having to reinstall since i don't even get the screen that says "repair"...

MBA mid- 2013.

Baker
10-14-2014, 07:25 AM
I did on my older 10.6.8 machine two patches ago - I had to do a new install to get it to launch again. It's a long shot, but you could try to right click (control + click) on the Hex application and use the "open" command from the popup window. That is suppose to bypass the security settings on programs not downloaded from the App store on newer versions of the OS - just in case that's causing any issues.

ryuukan
10-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Yesterday's patch seems to have resolved the crashing on my machine, thx datadragon

Makizushi
10-17-2014, 06:26 AM
Found out that somehow, the executable bit got dropped off /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/Hex.

A simple: sudo chmod 755 /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/Hex

... fixed it for me and HEX is running again.

That is suppose to bypass the security settings on programs not downloaded from the App store on newer versions of the OS -

Actually, HEX is signed correctly by CZE, so the middle setting of Gatekeeper would allow you to run it just fine.

Baker
10-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Your fix solved it Makizushi... Running that command in Terminal did the trick and thank you for figuring it out!

DataDragon
10-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Found out that somehow, the executable bit got dropped off /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/Hex.

A simple: sudo chmod 755 /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/Hex

... fixed it for me and HEX is running again.

Actually, HEX is signed correctly by CZE, so the middle setting of Gatekeeper would allow you to run it just fine.

Thank you for confirming that theory. This means that somewhere along the line, the permission bits are getting changed.
I had confirmed that it was signing properly, so it was a little odd to get those reports.

Counter
10-17-2014, 06:04 PM
The application can't be opened thing is back again :(

Deathlock
10-18-2014, 11:26 AM
"After reinstalling and getting it to work yesterday, I tried playing today and I get the black screen, spinning ball and nothing else again. Can't play the game at all as it stands."

Same thing! Game doesn't work since OS update to Yosemite 10.10. Tried reinstalling client several times, but it doesn't help.

hex_colin
10-18-2014, 11:29 AM
"After reinstalling and getting it to work yesterday, I tried playing today and I get the black screen, spinning ball and nothing else again. Can't play the game at all as it stands."

Same thing! Game doesn't work since OS update to Yosemite 10.10. Tried reinstalling client several times, but it doesn't help.

Mine hadn't worked since the last patch. After doing the chmod command from earlier in this thread it's working beautifully again. And I updated to Yosemite last night without issue.

Counter
10-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Yeah just did this thing in the terminal and it's working again on 10.10 No idea what chmod does, but it works.

sudo chmod 755 /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/Hex

deejay
10-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Upgraded two machines to Yosemite today and needed to set the executable bits back again as per the suggestion here -> great work on that.

hex_colin
10-18-2014, 02:38 PM
No idea what chmod does, but it works.

It's a UNIX utility that changes the Read/Write/Execute permissions on a file.

Makizushi
10-18-2014, 05:13 PM
And in this particular case, it sets the "executable" flag on the HEX.app application. For some reason that's getting stripped off by Yosemite, or something else.

Also, i'm having über-annoying issues with the chat box. Very often when I type the letter "r", the chatbox will:
* switch to whisper
* whisper the last person I've whispered to
* select the whole line of text

so if I keep typing, the whole text will get deleted, because it was selected and thus I end up whispering a weird half-sentence to the wrong person.

See the screenshots over here. (http://imgur.com/ikVzcXt) Dont know why, but the forum doesn't want to include the file.

Makizushi
10-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Wow, why can I not edit the post? Anyway...

Top and bottom screenshots show yellow highlighting / selection of the whole line after typing an "r". The middle one shows the switch to whisper and the deletion of the sentence, so i continue on a blank line... The word i was typing, was "rather".

animagnum
10-19-2014, 09:48 AM
I can confirm the need to use chmod to fix the permissions after installing Yosemite. Strangely enough, I have to use the command each time I need to launch Hex. It seems like the patcher is reverting the changes after it is launched or something in OS X is reverting them... or both. I really don't have a lot of experience with this sort of thing but any help would be appreciated.

Makizushi
10-19-2014, 11:02 AM
I do not have this issue every time I start Hex, only had it once. It did occur after installing Yosemite, though I'm not sure whether it was the first time starting Hex after the upgrade, or later.

Deathlock
10-20-2014, 07:22 AM
Well I deleted HEX completely, restarted my computer and reinstalled the game. What a surprise, it runs! But only once :( On second and next attempts it shows a black screen and a wheeling rainbow circle only, nothing goes further no matter how long to wait.

Using "sudo chmod 755 /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/Hex" command and deleting "unity.Cryptozoic.Hex.plist" file don't solve the problem.

Low hopes on stable MAC-gameplay for me.
Can anyone help?

Yosemite 10.10 MBA 13" mid2012

PS: now, after a number of restarting my MAC, deleting "unity.Cryptozoic.Hex.plist" and doing other stuff everything looks to be fine. Unfortunately I don't know what is the source of a problem, and I'm not sure that issues won't come back soon.

Dungoofed
10-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Used Mac Help Center:

To override your security settings and open the app anyway:

In the Finder, locate the app you want to open.
Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.

Press the Control key, then click the app icon.
Choose Open from the shortcut menu.
Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you will be able to open it in the future by double-clicking it, just like any registered app.

Makizushi
10-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Or if Gatekeeper complains about Hex the next time you start it, then simply start it through Gatekeeper with the "run anyway" button which will also save the exception.

hex_colin
10-21-2014, 11:43 AM
FYI - the latest patch is again messing up the Mac client. You need to run the sudo command after patching.

Counter
10-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Yep, I can confirm. Ran the terminal thing and game working again.

Next I want to hear from people who got Retina iMac to see how game looks on it :)

Makizushi
10-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Can confirm: the first start after the patcher does run, but afterwards a restart fails with the familiar "The application can't be run". Thus the chmod is required again.

Also: the license agreements seems to have lost all of it's paragraphing and is pretty darn illegible :/

DataDragon
10-22-2014, 04:19 PM
I noticed the TOS lost its carriage returns as well, so we are aware of that.
The executable bit bug is being worked on. Something in the new patcher needs a tweak.

Thank you for the reports. Helps me track down any specific MacOS bugs.

Baker
10-23-2014, 07:21 AM
Not sure about everyone else, but my client on both machines are able to at least launch once immediately after any patch and then the problem starts where I have to run the sudo command later to fix it.

Makizushi
10-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Yep, that's been confirmed by most if not all of us here :)

ArznikAaron
10-28-2014, 01:11 AM
Any update on when this will be fixed without workarounds?

Chriseption5
10-28-2014, 01:22 PM
I can't even open the application because it says the identity of the developer can not be confirmed. Help please

hex_colin
10-28-2014, 04:58 PM
I can't even open the application because it says the identity of the developer can not be confirmed. Help please

Voila! http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14369

Chriseption5
10-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Voila! http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14369

Thank you so much for your assistance. Now I can finally enjoy the game!

DataDragon
10-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Only update I have is that it is being worked on.

ArznikAaron
10-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks DD, hopefully it doesn't take too long. Cheers mate.

Chriseption5
11-02-2014, 03:47 PM
hey guys this time I have a friend who could use some help. He just downloaded the client and and tried to log in but it wont let him. The loading bar keeps twitching and it goes back and forth between that and the login menu. Hope you guys have the answer

rader
11-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Hi!! I'm a new HEXer. I honestly think this game will break new barriers in TCG games, it has really potential for that.

Let me contribute to bug description on Macbook Pro early 2011 13.3'', running on OSX Yosemite v10.10:

Widescreen resolution is not working properly on fullscreen mode. There always appear two black bands typical of non-widescreen resolutions. I tried with 1280x800, which is my default one, and it's not working. No problems appear on windowed mode, but therefore I can't see the entire screen since the top menu bar on Macs also takes up some space. I was wondering if it will be any patch to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Makizushi
11-06-2014, 03:10 AM
That is a know issue and not just on Mac OS X.

Only ways it works nicely right now:
* In 4:3 aspect ratio fullscreen
* Windowed mode with resolution lower than your native reso

@ Chris: let him try again, could've been a server issue. Otherwise, could be a password/account issue.

Makizushi
11-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Congratulations! It's only gotten worse :)

Now I have to run:

sudo chmod 755 /Applications/Hex.app/Contents/MacOS/HexPatcher

This appears to have coincided with me installing patch 10.10.1 today. But apparently no other applications were affected.

Bloodslave
12-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Hex client fails to load if I try to launch from the dock icon. Works fine if launched from within applications folder.

Running OSx 10.6.8 from mid 2011 Macbook Pro

Deathlock
12-09-2014, 01:38 PM
After today's patch HEX runs perfectly in fullscreen mode on my MAC. I'm so happy^^ Thank you guys!

Amemnon
12-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Running windows 8 and can not install the game. It was already installed but when I tried to launch today it just goes to a black screen and then says not responding. I uninstalled the game deleted the hex folder and tried re-downloading the setup.exe but it does the exact same thing.

Veetor
12-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Any particular reason this is running full screen and not allowing me to do anything about it... I can't seem to get past loading data, so I'm a little stuck here

deejay
12-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Any particular reason this is running full screen and not allowing me to do anything about it... I can't seem to get past loading data, so I'm a little stuck here

Had the same but once logged in hit escape -> settings and then apply (it remembered my old resolutions) and now back to normal windowed mode for me.

(Copy / paste into the login still duplications for me on the Mac fwiw)

Veetor
12-09-2014, 03:49 PM
got past the windowed thing, now it beachballs when I hit the store button

Veetor
12-09-2014, 04:13 PM
and repair install fixed that

DataDragon
12-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I highly recommend Mac users do a repair of the install.
It seems this fixes a majority of the issues found after patching.

There is still the annoying execute permission bug, so if after patching you can't get Hex to run, you will need to set the Hex.app executable.

Shinsaku17
12-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Getting the beach ball (loading cursor freeze) when I click on the store in game. Ran Repair and still having the issue. Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice.

MacBook Pro, Retina Mid 2012, OS X 10.9.4

Fugitive787
12-11-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm getting "The application HexPatcher can't be opened message. I've tried to delete and reinstall but still getting the same error. I can't even get to the repair install for the hotfix. I check to ensure it's not a permission issue and the app is already saved as executable. Any help assistance or advice appreciated.

MacBook Air 11 Mid 2012 OS X 10.10.1

seebnova
12-11-2014, 01:59 PM
I have same issue as reported ealier.. " I installed but when I tried to launch it just goes to a black screen and then says not responding. I uninstalled the game deleted the hex folder and tried re-downloading the setup.exe but it does the exact same thing"

Please help

DataDragon
12-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Shinsaku: We're not able to reproduce this store issue. We have older and newer mac books here that are not able to reproduce it. I'll let you know if we can figure anything out.

Fugitive: Have you tried opening the app with the control button held? That might tell the OS that you are ok opening it. I think there is a security setting that is stopping you from running it.

Shinsaku17
12-11-2014, 07:29 PM
DataDragon: No worries. I uninstalled/reinstalled the program and the issue went away. Thanks for getting back to me. Keep up the good work.

Cato
12-12-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm getting "The application HexPatcher can't be opened message.

MacBook Air 11 Mid 2012 OS X 10.10.1

I had this issue occur again after the Set 2 patch but resolved it with the Terminal Fix.

@Fugitive try running the sudo terminal permission reset command - this is currently a known issue with Yosemite and reported earlier in this thread :)

Open up a Terminal Prompt. (Search Terminal in spotlight)

copy and paste:

and hit enter. It might ask you for your password, just hit enter and it should execute regardless. You know it's executed correctly if you get no error messages underneath the command. Now exit terminal and fire up the patcher.

Hope this helps / resolves your issue.

seebnova
12-12-2014, 12:44 PM
OK, the issue was with the old patch which was not running and making the game to not to respond. With the new patch released today, the game got the update. The patch itself took long time, for me around 4 hrs, the total file size is 1.5GB and not ~400MB, so be warned.

The game looks good, so I am going on tutorials.

I have same issue as reported ealier.. " I installed but when I tried to launch it just goes to a black screen and then says not responding. I uninstalled the game deleted the hex folder and tried re-downloading the setup.exe but it does the exact same thing"

Please help

Fugitive787
12-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks Cato that totally did the trick! Finally able to repair the set 2 patch! It was weird because it was working fine the day I patch, but the next day the system just could not load Hex.

Cato
12-13-2014, 02:27 AM
No worries Fugitive, I had to backtrack and look it up myself a few days ago.

@Mods: Could we possible get all the common fixes in this thread updated into the OP or posted in a separate mod-locked sticky thread? Could be really helpful for Mac users plus save you guys some time from answering the same support questions...

hex_colin
12-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Chris - FYI, we're still having to run the sudo commands in Yosemite after each update.

DataDragon
12-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Chris Woods can't help you with that :>

I know about the sudo workaround. It's the patcher that is failing to reset the permissions correctly.
If Window cared about permissions, they would be having the same issue.

Lothlorien
12-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Several issues encountered today (fresh install on Yosemite 10.10.1)

-- The Options button in the client doesn't do anything.
-- game starts in fullscreen mode and doesn't let me switch to other apps
-- hitting Cmd+Alt+Esc to open Mac task manager crashes (force quits?) Hex
-- Hit ESC and open the SETTINGS menu.
-- Bug: the "full screen" checkbox is disabled and not checked even though the client has started in full screen mode
-- switch to any other resolution, Hex will change to window mode
-- my poor ole Macbook Air (Mid 2012) heats up like a frying pan when running Hex

DataDragon
01-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
I am running a pass this week at recording and addressing these sorts of issues.

zumbani
02-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Sorry i see the solution for the problem in the posts..

Thanks,
João