PDA

View Full Version : stuck at loading (and still loading alpha?)

malloc31
04-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Ok so I ran the update, clicked start hex at the end of it. I enter my password and get to the loading screen (which is still labeled as alpha??) and it gets almost completely loaded and is stuck. Any one able to load? Any tricks to make it work?

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 04:06 PM
The old patcher and client will never work again. You need to wait for a new download link for the beta client.

Kroan
04-23-2014, 04:07 PM
There is no beta client yet. The client you use is for alpha, and alpha server just has been turned off.

Mejis
04-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Ok so I ran the update, clicked start hex at the end of it. I enter my password and get to the loading screen (which is still labeled as alpha??) and it gets almost completely loaded and is stuck. Any one able to load? Any tricks to make it work?

Was there an update?

I thought they just pulled the alpha client down, hence why you probably can't load, and we're still yet to hear on the beta client download?

malloc31
04-23-2014, 04:12 PM
From the newest article on the main page "Though we said we’d be closing Alpha, we’re going to keep that open until the Beta is up and running."

So since they have taken alpha down, and they said they would not take alpha down till beta is up and running ...

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 04:14 PM
From the newest article on the main page "Though we said we’d be closing Alpha, we’re going to keep that open until the Beta is up and running."

So since they have taken alpha down, and they said they would not take alpha down till beta is up and running ...

Last minute changes, obviously. Something in the beta files needed to overwrite something in the alpha files, or something like that. Was mentioned on twitter I think?

jimmywolf
04-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Last minute changes, obviously. Something in the beta files needed to overwrite something in the alpha files, or something like that. Was mentioned on twitter I think?

tried checking on twitter to confirm it but sadly did not find the info here the twitter if anyone want check

https://twitter.com/HexTCG

Xenavire
04-23-2014, 04:23 PM
tried checking on twitter to confirm it but sadly did not find the info here the twitter if anyone want check

https://twitter.com/HexTCG

I can't find it right now either. Fairly sure I didn't imagine it, but its 1am and I am very distracted.

mydragoon
04-23-2014, 07:49 PM
sorry... but i've not been diligently following up on HEX since i wasn't too keen with alpha.

i've got the alpha client... patched and now... just "loading data".

i thought i read somewhere that said Alpha clients can be used? did i miss out on the announcement that said it can't be used? dem... i just used up my mobile data patching the dem Alpha client...

mydragoon
04-23-2014, 07:52 PM
saw a reply here on twitter:

@IAmKevinBates beta will overwrite the alpha client

bojanglesz
04-23-2014, 07:54 PM
http://dl.hex.gameforge.com/HEXSetup.exe