PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta Patch Notes v0.9.1.001 (Uzume) 4/23/14

Shaqattaq
04-23-2014, 07:41 PM
CLOSED BETA INFORMATION

Welcome to Closed Beta! You can view details on what you can expect here: https://hextcg.com/closed-beta-primer
A list of Kickstarter rewards can be found here: https://hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards
Player collections are now live, there will be no wipes going forward
We have moved to the live hardware, as such you will need to re-add your friends and re-build your decks

TOURNAMENTS

Players can receive Primal Packs when winning packs in a tournament
You can now hide cards you have drafted but don’t intend to play. Drag them over the bin icon in the lower right of the drafted cards section. To look at those cards click the bin button in the upper left of the drafted cards section.
Draft UI shows how many packs/picks are left while drafting
Players are informed of their tournament winnings by in-game mail if they are offline when the tournament ends
You can now pay for a tournament with a tournament ticket, instead of needing the normal packs/platinum entry fee. Draft tournament tickets are issued to players as “free tournaments” for certain Kickstarter Tiers and as promotional items and can be viewed in your stash. Tournament tickets are not tradable.
Gold rewards for tournaments have been updated

GENERAL

Wheels of Fate buttons now have text
The patcher has a new look
Chest spinning no longer fails and succeeds at the same time
The costs for using the Wheels of Fate has changed
Three red icons in Wheels of Fate now upgrade your normal prize
The ‘Leave’ button in pack opening is easier to locate
The ‘Spin Chest’ button now indicates how much gold it will cost to spin
VIP program text has been updated in the store
Gold is correctly shown in the tournament prize window
Gold is now updated in real time after spinning the Wheels of Fate
Pack opening experience has been improved (sound effects, chest animations, glow effects, notifications)
Coin flip experience has been improved
Champion portraits are now shown on the victory and defeat animations
Players should now be properly notified any time they receive Primal Packs

GAMEPLAY

Command Tower should now visually update affected troops immediately
Doppelgadget should now properly receive the socketed gem effects of troops it copies
Air Superiority now correctly costs 2
The ‘Pass Priority’ button no longer disappears when Zombie Plague or Darkspire Priestess effects are on the chain

KNOWN ISSUES

Players who redeem Kickstarter rewards must log out, close client, open client, log in to see rewards
Soul Marble uses the opponents timer while deciding which card you want to transform it into (this is considered an exploit in tournaments. Action will be taken up to and including being banned from the game for abuse of this exploit)
The text that Boldheart puts on King Gabriel states it prevents combat damage, but correctly prevents all damage
Relentless Corruption exhibits inconsistent behavior when stealing an opponent’s Relentless Corruption
Menacing Gralk’s effect will still affect a player during extra turns
Mystic Spiritwalker is not graphically updating the affected card
Living Totem’s abilities aren’t distinguishable from one another on the chain
Starter deck descriptions can be covered by their image
Deck Sleeve tool tips are currently showing behind the sleeve and is not easy to see
Replicas aren’t graphically updating until a state change on the card
Players aren’t informed which rarity of chest they received when opening packs through limited (chests can still be viewed in the stash and pack opening screens)
If you happen to redraw the exact same card during a mulligan, it will graphically appear as through the card did not leave your hand, but you have the correct cards
Some cards list their ‘Socketable’ text twice
Text input boxes are not done (can’t highlight text or arrow through them). This affects any field you enter text such as login and code redemption.
Alt-tabbing back into the game can sometimes cause card text to disappear
The Void zone is currently not animated
Text tags can appear when resizing the chat window
Players cannot currently select sleeves in Limited
Cards in hand aren’t visually updated when they get Escalated
Non-troop artifacts aren’t playing their sounds
You can scroll past cards/text to empty space in card manager/limited and the terms of service
Cards going to the chain sometimes don’t visually appear when played
Some rewards for tournaments do not appear on the rewards tab, but are being awarded correctly
The Family Name (display name) screen still says ‘keep name.’

bojanglesz
04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Why not just disable Soul Marble?

chili
04-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Why not just disable Soul Marble?

yeah soul amrble bug is terribad, instawin is it rare or legendary?

Axle
04-23-2014, 07:57 PM
No one is going to stall your timer to 0 if you show them this thread saying they will get banned for doing it though ;).

GPrime
04-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Bojangles: that leads to sticky situations such as leading to a dead card in limited play, or alternatively dissuading people from opening packs or drafting if it's simply removed from the packs and replaced with another card. If people are honest (which crypto would like to think they'll be) it won't be a problem. If they're not, the post mentions how those people will be dealt with.

Rokku
04-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Not really a problem since its so easy to prove that player was stalling on purpose.

More worried about Menacing Gralk and cards not showing up on the chain. That can screw people during tournaments.

Ali3nSan
04-23-2014, 08:00 PM
I use soul marble with angels :) but I wouldn't ever exploit bug it's no way to win. Plus you get banned :)

Live by the exploit die by the ban hammer

bojanglesz
04-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Bojangles: that leads to sticky situations such as leading to a dead card in limited play, or alternatively dissuading people from opening packs or drafting if it's simply removed from the packs and replaced with another card. If people are honest (which crypto would like to think they'll be) it won't be a problem. If they're not, the post mentions how those people will be dealt with.

Never thought about the draft implications. Good point.

DanTheMeek
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
I was disappointed with these patch notes only because the name was Uzume, yet there was no sign of a buff (or any sort of change) to Uzume. False advertising!

On the plus side... BETA!!!

joseph5185
04-23-2014, 10:20 PM
I was disappointed with these patch notes only because the name was Uzume, yet there was no sign of a buff (or any sort of change) to Uzume. False advertising!

On the plus side... BETA!!!

Yea, I was excited too, but by no means disappointed. I guess they just wanted to show Uzume some love ... lol

BETA !!!

joseph5185
04-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Actually, FWIW, I've never played with Soul Marble in draft. I've never seen it once.

In fact, I've never seen Pack Raptor, Fist of Briggadon, and a few others.

Did I miss the memo somewhere that specifies not all legendaries are currently in draft?

If that's not the case, then legendaries are rare in deed.

elfstone
04-23-2014, 10:56 PM
I won a tourney with a fist, so I know that one is in, havent seen a pack raptor or soul marble though

Cernz
04-23-2014, 10:59 PM
i had soule marble 2 times in draft and also some legendaries too

icyangelus
04-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Will tournament tickets stack or will they have an expiration date? For example as a Pro Player backer will my tickets have a 7 day/1 week expiration date or will I just recieve 1 ticket each week and be able to stack them? Also BETA woot xD

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 02:22 AM
Will tournament tickets stack or will they have an expiration date? For example as a Pro Player backer will my tickets have a 7 day/1 week expiration date or will I just recieve 1 ticket each week and be able to stack them? Also BETA woot xD

Beta Primer: As outlined in the Kickstarter, the weekly draft tickets expire after 7 days.

Kardh
04-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Beta Primer: As outlined in the Kickstarter, the weekly draft tickets expire after 7 days.

However, I couldn't tell my tickets apart.

I had 3 from entering my backer code and then I entered the weekly draft code and the stack just went up to 4.

I guess it might just use the ticket with the shortest time remaining, but it would be neat to be able to see when each ticket expires (and maybe you can, I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking for it).

Hieronymous
04-24-2014, 07:33 AM
Do we know when the "once per week" timer ticks over?

SacrificialToast
04-24-2014, 07:39 AM
The weekly draft ticket is a red token with an expiration date on it when you mouse over it. It probably wouldn't have shown up unless you relogged after entering the code.

Yoss
04-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Do we know when the "once per week" timer ticks over?

I'm interested in this as well, though having expiration timers on the tickets helps partially answer it.

KamaitachiTrey
04-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Actually, FWIW, I've never played with Soul Marble in draft. I've never seen it once.

In fact, I've never seen Pack Raptor, Fist of Briggadon, and a few others.

Did I miss the memo somewhere that specifies not all legendaries are currently in draft?

If that's not the case, then legendaries are rare in deed.

I won a tourney with a fist, so I know that one is in, havent seen a pack raptor or soul marble though

I've gotten 2 pack raptors in two different tournies, they're definitely in it as well. As is Fist, I've gotten one. As well as Jadiim, Ozawa, and some others. They are definitely rare though, as I'd say I've only ever drafted something like 6 legendaries over my dozens upon dozens upon dozens of games - which shows rarity is definitely working haha.

I've never seen a Soul Marble in draft though, good thing I guess haha.

aatttt
04-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Wow this beta is so bugged - i dont know what is going on :(

1. Playing Gor Feast didnt affect Veteran Gladiator the first time he attacked (rage did only work on the second attack phase)
2. My draw step got skipped... game hangs for my opponent during my attack phase - after him reconnecting we could continue and my card suddenly gets drawn...
3. game froze suddenly (synch bug)

well i have enough rigth now... can we have alpha back pls!!

Mahes
04-24-2014, 04:55 PM
This is why I was hesitant on the whole "lets get the money rolling and start the KS and purchse system". I get the feeling that the server transfer did not go so smoothly, hence why we are not playing at all.

That or it is a conspiracy to get players to open all thier packs instead of hoarding them.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 05:09 PM
This is why I was hesitant on the whole "lets get the money rolling and start the KS and purchse system". I get the feeling that the server transfer did not go so smoothly, hence why we are not playing at all.

That or it is a conspiracy to get players to open all thier packs instead of hoarding them.

The vital features are all functioning correctly though - our collections are stable. Our rewards are stable. Buying plat, VIP, buying boosters - all rock solid.

Sure, the opening can have display errors, but that is all working.

It might be a massive inconvenience to not be able to tplay, but it is frankly a good thing - instability now means stronger code in the future.

I have to say, I miss the alpha client for just messing around in right now - it would help with the boredom.

bojanglesz
04-24-2014, 07:28 PM
The vital features are all functioning correctly though - our collections are stable. Our rewards are stable. Buying plat, VIP, buying boosters - all rock solid.

Sure, the opening can have display errors, but that is all working.

It might be a massive inconvenience to not be able to tplay, but it is frankly a good thing - instability now means stronger code in the future.

I have to say, I miss the alpha client for just messing around in right now - it would help with the boredom.

Come on bro...how can you say not playing the game is a good thing?

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Come on bro...how can you say not playing the game is a good thing?

Not quite what I am saying - I am saying that it will help the game grow and be more perfect later. I can handle a little pain and suffering now, for happiness later.

I would rather be playing, obviously, but I understand why this is happening and I would rather have it happen now than at launch.

ossuary
04-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Come on, Xen. Being positive is nice and all, but let's call a spade a spade. They effed up the switch to beta, period. Aside from the whole not able to play games or tournaments for nearly 48 hours, they also introduced a ton of new bugs on cards that were previously working correctly.

A client where you can spend money but can't actually PLAY THE GAME is not rock solid. It is a failure.

I'm sure they'll get things worked out eventually, but this just further supports what people have been saying, that they're pushing too far, too fast. This isn't a good customer experience, and they CANNOT continue with this mindset moving forward into open beta and release. Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of players supporting a game where there are dozens of bugs with newly released cards on day one of a new set? It makes them look amateurish, which makes me very sad, because I know they're actually not. But the fact of the matter is that right now, they're not making a very good impression, and if that keeps up, word is going to get around, for better or worse. They can't afford any more patches where more things are broken than fixed.

larryhl
04-25-2014, 02:26 AM
It looks very bad when you go from a stable Alpha to a highly broken Beta, even disregarding the server issues. Usually your first Beta version should be the most recent Alpha just moved to the new server, but it's pretty obvious that wasn't what happened.

ossuary
04-25-2014, 03:39 AM
It wasn't even a slightly outdated, mirrored alpha, because things are currently broken that were never broken before (like activating Hex Engine ending the current phase instead of giving you resources).

koobiak
04-25-2014, 09:06 AM
It wasn't even a slightly outdated, mirrored alpha, because things are currently broken that were never broken before (like activating Hex Engine ending the current phase instead of giving you resources).

I feel like this thread exists in every online beta. . .ever. Get over it. The game will get better. We are two days into a closed beta.

joseph5185
04-25-2014, 09:09 AM
I feel like this thread exists in every online beta. . .ever. Get over it. The game will get better. We are two days into a closed beta.

Wow! 1st post .. Welcome to the forums!
=)

hex_colin
04-25-2014, 09:43 AM

I'd bet a lot of money that the cards are all just fine, it's the server interactions that are screwy. Lots more people, lots more load, different server performance, all affecting the code slightly differently than before. There are definitely lots of issues, but I'm betting that most of them are the result of one or 2 actual issues, rather than a raft of new issues.

Xenavire
04-25-2014, 10:52 AM
I agree with Colin, Oss, you are being a little too critical at this point. Give them a chance to patch it, and then we will see where we stand on what is truly bugged and what isn't.

You might have a reason to be mad, but maybe not.

fido_one
04-25-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm going to come out strongly on the "christ guys, this is beta, chill out" side. BETA. Not release. See how amazingly screwed up RELEASES have been on AAA games such as <insert 95% of AAA MMOs here>, not to mention the ridiculously broken stuff that most games experience during day 2 of beta.

I see why people want to say 'it should have cooked more', but here is the thing, all of these threads, even from people like Hex_Colin who has a lot more insight than your average forum poster, is pure speculation. Hex is a complex, fluid black box - while we can speculate on why they moved to beta when they moved to beta it'll always be 100%, unrefined, speculation.

We'll never have the full picture unless you are an employee of CZE in the here and now. What we need to do as a community is either trust CZE as a company that can deliver, or not trust them - for me, I'd argue that this process through alpha and into beta shows a very transparent, as-honest-as-a-company-can-be, pretty-darn-smart-decision-making company. They've built a damn good foundation of trust in my mind. With that, as annoyed as I am that I can't really play Hex, I look at it and go 'well it's being handled by what I think is the best TCG/MMOTCG/etc. company out there, and if CZE having difficulties, than there must be a damn good reason' and try to leave it at that.

bojanglesz
04-25-2014, 11:10 AM
I can't speak for Oss, but for myself I understand its beta. I understand shit happens and honestly who cares, its what the testing purpose is for. I disagree with CZE starting the closed beta when things are obviously still very uncooked. We are not even feature complete. We don't have AH or trading, which are stables for an MMOTCG. They didn't switch the alpha to the new hardware and do testing then. I feel like we should still be in alpha. Swiss is gone. It's nice to have the rewards, but I would have preferred more time testing in alpha.

hex_colin
04-25-2014, 09:14 PM
I see why people want to say 'it should have cooked more', but here is the thing, all of these threads, even from people like Hex_Colin who has a lot more insight than your average forum poster, is pure speculation. Hex is a complex, fluid black box - while we can speculate on why they moved to beta when they moved to beta it'll always be 100%, unrefined, speculation.

To be fair, it's frequently not pure speculation at all. ;) You just don't really know when I'm actually giving something away, however subtly or obscurely. Also, there have been lots of cases where the CZE folks have OK'd me saying something (e.g. the way the Sapphire birds block crush), but folks don't believe it. It's all good.

GatticusFinch
04-28-2014, 07:48 AM
I can't speak for Oss, but for myself I understand its beta. I understand shit happens and honestly who cares, its what the testing purpose is for. I disagree with CZE starting the closed beta when things are obviously still very uncooked. We are not even feature complete. We don't have AH or trading, which are stables for an MMOTCG. They didn't switch the alpha to the new hardware and do testing then. I feel like we should still be in alpha. Swiss is gone. It's nice to have the rewards, but I would have preferred more time testing in alpha.

More importantly, a monetized beta at that. If you are going to put the store live to accept real money and still call it a beta, it better be feature complete and fully operational.

Marsden
04-28-2014, 09:30 AM
More importantly, a monetized beta at that. If you are going to put the store live to accept real money and still call it a beta, it better be feature complete and fully operational.

That would be Release, not Beta.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 10:11 AM

Is the game feature complete? No. Does it matter that the shop is live? No. Should you care? Well, thats up to you, but I strongly advise a no here.

Simply put, Hex is in closed beta. Just because you choose to define it differently doesn't change anything for anyone else - you are only upsetting yourself. The features that are in are exactly what need to be in for this stage of development. Nothing more and nothing less.

Arbiter
05-01-2014, 04:50 AM

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but perhaps you should wait for open beta to play. I'm fine with the monetised beta with compensation when things go wrong. The monetary side needs to be tested, and you just can't test appropriate loads if people aren't playing for something - you won't attract a high enough volume of players.