PDA

View Full Version : Clarification: HEX Backer Rewards

Kami
04-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Need clarification regarding: https://hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards

In the KS (using Producer Tier as most extreme example): https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/654/645/f60a615053b003c4efb45c5e6daa5323_large.jpg?1370624 840

You'll note that there is a "50 Packs of Set 2" along with a "15 Packs of Set 2" under Stretch Goal Bonuses. Wouldn't this be 65 Packs of Set 2 altogether?

However, on the HEX backer rewards list page: "50 SET 2 Packs" - is this an error?

Additionally, under the KS image, it states that it would be 4 of Every Non-Exclusive Card + All Equipment for Life; however, the HEX back rewards list page states: "4 of EACH PvP Card in Game for life / All PvP Equipment for life".

I was under the impression that it would be for all non-exclusive cards and equipment from both PvP and PvE?

These two items specifically affect tiers all the way down to Dragon Lord tier (minus equipment and number of cards). And for the Set 2 packs, all the way down to Grand King tier.

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 08:23 PM
There are a number of mistakes on that page that can hopefully be fixed quickly.
I posted another one in the DL / primal tiers in the beta bug forum, but this is probably a better place for it.

hex_colin
04-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Additionally, under the KS image, it states that it would be 4 of Every Non-Exclusive Card + All Equipment for Life; however, the HEX back rewards list page states: "4 of EACH PvP Card in Game for life / All PvP Equipment for life".

I was under the impression that it would be for all non-exclusive cards and equipment from both PvP and PvE?

That was my understanding too, Kami. I was working under the assumption that I'd never need to go hunting for cards ever and could play how I wanted to, without, for example, having to obsessively farm any PVE cards I didn't have.

Yoss
04-23-2014, 08:30 PM
If we beg and grovel enough, will we be allowed to merge and fully stack $250 tiers into a single account (without losing any drafts, for example)? Specifically Pro+DC in my case.

I'm really not looking forward to shipping cards back and forth between the accounts.

97.4%

Hieronymous
04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere but it'd be nice to get more detail on the Collector tier alternate art cards. If it's two per set shouldn't the two with the first set be included in the initial rewards?

Massabik
04-23-2014, 08:40 PM
As I remember from one of the interviews back during kickstarter, it was only 4 cards for all PvP cards specifically. But, I could be wrong.

Kami
04-23-2014, 08:40 PM
That was my understanding too, Kami. I was working under the assumption that I'd never need to go hunting for cards ever and could play how I wanted to, without, for example, having to obsessively farm any PVE cards I didn't have.

Same. If it is limited to PvP cards only, that should have been clarified during the KS. "All" is a very broad word.

And few other things I noticed:

- Collector tier should have 2x "6 New AA PvP Cards per Year for Life". This includes Grand King and higher.

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 08:43 PM
DL should only get 1 of every card at release, primal should get 4x, they have that backwards on the page.

Kami
04-23-2014, 08:47 PM
DL should only get 1 of every card at release, primal should get 4x, they have that backwards on the page.

They already fixed this one (bar the PvP cards only bit).

Another error:

Immortal tier should only have 4 of Every Non-Exclusive Card + All Equipment at RELEASE not "1 of EACH PvP Card in Game for life / All PvP Equipment for life"

And another:

Each tier above Grand King gets their own exclusive tier sleeves.

In other words, Primal would not get Dragon Lord sleeves.

Immortal would not get Primal nor Dragon Lord sleeves.

Producer would not get Immortal, Primal, nor Dragon Lord sleeves.

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Each tier above grand king has exclusive sleeves, too I'm pretty sure producers shouldn't have the immortal sleeve.

That immortal one is weird... I'm almost possitive that immortals had the producer bonus at 1x instead of a full 4x...

Kami
04-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Each tier above grand king has exclusive sleeves, too I'm pretty sure producers shouldn't have the immortal sleeve.

That immortal one is weird... I'm almost possitive that immortals had the producer bonus at 1x instead of a full 4x...

See for yourself: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/654/642/66468ea1b5ded3a670d559a0d46a61f6_large.jpg?1370624 821

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 09:07 PM
I looked over the KS tier again when you mentioned it, which is why I thought it was so weird... It's unlike me to mis-remember something to that degree.

Spiredore
04-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Also, shouldn't Collector say 12 new AA cards, or two sets of 6 New AA cards, as discussed in Kickstarter update 16?

Mercadian
04-23-2014, 10:07 PM
It appears as though the collector AA are only doubled (ie 2 sets of each of the 6) in year 1 and thereafter we just get one copy of each of the 6. This wasn't my understanding, shouldn't this be 2 sets of 6 every year?

Gwaer
04-23-2014, 10:11 PM
They buffed collectors to getting a full playset of each card last I heard?

Shaqattaq
04-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Need clarification regarding: https://hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards

In the KS (using Producer Tier as most extreme example): https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/654/645/f60a615053b003c4efb45c5e6daa5323_large.jpg?1370624 840

You'll note that there is a "50 Packs of Set 2" along with a "15 Packs of Set 2" under Stretch Goal Bonuses. Wouldn't this be 65 Packs of Set 2 altogether?

However, on the HEX backer rewards list page: "50 SET 2 Packs" - is this an error?

These two items specifically affect tiers all the way down to Dragon Lord tier (minus equipment and number of cards). And for the Set 2 packs, all the way down to Grand King tier.

Yep, we were wrong about those. We'll be fixing them. Sorry to any Producers we shocked! The page is now updated to reflect the proper changes. Immortals were also improperly listed as getting all rewards "for life." It is now rightfully changed to "at release."

Also, shouldn't Collector say 12 new AA cards, or two sets of 6 New AA cards, as discussed in Kickstarter update 16?

Collectors get 2 copies of each card when it's released. For the first set, since players get so many goodies, there's only 1 Collectors card. Across Set 2, 3, and 4, we'll distribute the other 5 cards.

Mercadian
04-23-2014, 10:19 PM
......Collectors get 2 copies of each card when it's released. .....

2 copies for Life - OR 2 copies of the 1st 6 and thereafter just 1 copy. Hope for first part was my impression 2 copies for life.

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Collectors get 2 copies of each card when it's released. For the first set, since players get so many goodies, there's only 1 Collectors card. Across Set 2, 3, and 4, we'll distribute the other 5 cards.

I forget wasn't it 6 AA cards each year, and because of a stretch goal we get two copies of those 6 for life, and three copies of the KS exclusives?* Is that accurate?

It appears that's accurate, as I don't really see anything in your post that refutes it, although the wording makes me dubious.

I'm guessing you're just stating that those cards won't be giving in one burst...

*except for lotus which we only get two of.

Shaqattaq
04-23-2014, 10:25 PM
I forget wasn't it 6 AA cards each year, and because of a stretch goal we get two copies of those 6 for life, and three copies of the KS exclusives? Is that accurate?

That should be accurate. It's 6 individual AA cards per year, and Collectors should get 2 copies of each individual card. That's for life unless I'm mistaken. I can look into it more once we're out of the weeds with our Beta release =)

Daer
04-23-2014, 10:25 PM
- It also says Squire and Warrior receive 4 starter decks. Squire should only get 2 and warriors get 3.

- It says Squires receive 25 booster packs but they should only receive 10 booster packs.

- Also the colors for the promo cards for slacker backer are the wrong color, they should be orange instead of green.

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 10:26 PM
I don't know if they gave squire more things to make up for giving the exclusive gotten through squire through slacker tiers.

however I could totally be wrong. I also don't know if some form of kickstarter stretch goal gave the lower tiers more starter decks.

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Yep, we were wrong about those. We'll be fixing them. Sorry to any Producers we shocked! The page is now updated to reflect the proper changes. Immortals were also improperly listed as getting all rewards "for life." It is now rightfully changed to "at release."

Thanks, Will!

jimmywolf
04-24-2014, 03:42 AM
thanks for staying up an fixing typo's an clearing misunderstanding. i had get up early for work ugh! so did not have chance to play but still wanted to read any tid bits i could how beta went.

Ravallian
04-24-2014, 05:10 AM
Another one I think.

Dragon lords only get the vanity card NOT the custom sleeve.

While Primal should also get the custom sleeve, think it was late and you got it switch by accident :)

Kami
04-24-2014, 05:35 AM
Producer now has too many cards now (although 4 vanity cards and 4 spectral lotus gardens would be kind of awesome *lol*) - I think.

It should be:

• 3 Princess Cory w/ Equipment
• 3 Chest ‘O Hex w/Equipment
• 3 Lady Cassandra
• 3 Replicator’s Gambit Alternate Art Card
• 3 Void Marauder
• 3 Spectral Assassin w/ Equipment
• 3 Orson’s Dream w/ Equipment
• 3 The Crowd Roars! w/ Equipment
• 3 Princess Victoria Alternate Art Card
• 3 Prospero, Sylvan Enchanter
• 3 Moment of Glory w/ Equipment
• 3 Ninja Training w/ Equipment
• 3 Extinction Alternate Art Card
• 3 Hand of Uruunaz
• 3 Ragefire Alternate Art Card
• 3 Wrath of Zakiir
• 3 Pack Raptor Alternate Art Card
• 2 Spectral Lotus Garden
• 2 of the first (of 6) Collector’s Exclusive Alternate Art card
• 1 <Raid Leader>’s Blessing
• 1 Vanity Card

Not:

• 4 Princess Cory w/ Equipment
• 4 Chest ‘O Hex w/Equipment
• 4 Lady Cassandra
• 4 Replicator’s Gambit Alternate Art Card
• 4 Void Marauder
• 4 Spectral Assassin w/ Equipment
• 4 Orson’s Dream w/ Equipment
• 4 The Crowd Roars! w/ Equipment
• 4 Princess Victoria Alternate Art Card
• 4 Prospero, Sylvan Enchanter
• 4 Moment of Glory w/ Equipment
• 4 Ninja Training w/ Equipment
• 4 Extinction Alternate Art Card
• 4 Hand of Uruunaz
• 4 Ragefire Alternate Art Card
• 4 Wrath of Zakiir
• 4 Pack Raptor Alternate Art Card
• 4 Spectral Lotus Garden
• 4 of the first (of 6) Collector’s Exclusive Alternate Art card
• 4 <Raid Leader>’s Blessing
• 4 Vanity Card

Producer should also not have the Immortal, Primal, nor Dragon Lord exclusive sleeves.

Immortal still has a couple errors:

"1 of EACH PvP Card in Game at release/ All PVE Cards in Game at release / All PvP and PvE Equipment in Game at release" - Should be 4 of each PvP/PvE card at release along with all PvP/PvE equipment
Should not have the Primal nor Dragon Lord exclusive sleeves

Primal has a couple errors as well:

Should not have the Dragon Lord exclusive sleeves
Should have the "Design Your Own" sleeves (currently mixed up with Dragon Lord)

Dragon Lord has one error:

Should not have the "Design Your Own" sleeves (currently mixed up with Primal)

I'm unsure if there are other errors yet but those are the most obvious. I'm fully confident there won't be issues with the reward distribution on the back-end but the page lists might confuse some people who haven't been keeping track. :)

Edit: Scourge Knight is also missing from the Cards lists for several tiers. Mix-up with Hand of Uruunaz?

Edit 2: Scourge Knight was renamed to Hand of Uruunaz! Not an error!

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 07:10 AM
Producer now has too many cards now (although 4 vanity cards and 4 spectral lotus gardens would be kind of awesome *lol*) - I think.

It might be a case of the "4 of every card" overriding the specific numbers for a few things that are < 4.

Marsden
04-24-2014, 07:18 AM
I think 4 of every card for producers should include AA and KS exclusives for sure. They're all cards.

Kami
04-24-2014, 07:20 AM
It might be a case of the "4 of every card" overriding the specific numbers for a few things that are < 4.

Except that those would include the KS exclusive cards which are not supposed to be affected by that. :)

Shaqattaq
04-24-2014, 11:40 AM
- It also says Squire and Warrior receive 4 starter decks. Squire should only get 2 and warriors get 3.

- It says Squires receive 25 booster packs but they should only receive 10 booster packs.

- Also the colors for the promo cards for slacker backer are the wrong color, they should be orange instead of green.

We decided to buff the Squire and Warriors to 4 Starter Decks each. May as well give them the full gambit of decks and let them sample them all.

Fixed the rest, as well as Kami's notes.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
We decided to buff the Squire and Warriors to 4 Starter Decks each. May as well give them the full gambit of decks and let them sample them all.

That is really generous, and will make my fiancee really happy when she gets 2x Shin'Hare as well as all the others!

Kami
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Awesome stuff. ^^

Updated my calculator to reflect that too.

TJTaylor
04-24-2014, 11:54 AM

That's very awesome of CZE to do. You guys are amazing. I've never seen a company more dedicated to making their customers happy. It's shocking, to be honest. But in a good way. :)

Zomnivore
04-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Screw the original art for Angel of Dawn, put up the cze team.

Certainly the real avatars of hope :)

Kami
04-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Heh, Shaq's gonna get annoyed at me:

Producer tier errors since last update:

• 1 of the first (of 6) Collector’s Exclusive Alternate Art card

Should be "• 2 of the first (of 6) Collector’s Exclusive Alternate Art card" as it encompasses Collector tier.

Producer still has all the sleeves (including exclusives such as Immortal, Primal, Dragon Lord). Beginning to wonder if this is intentional as the other tiers were fixed?

---

Additionally, now that Scourge Knight has been renamed to Hand of Uruunaz, the equipment list should probably be updated as well. Otherwise you have equipment that's still listed as for Scourge Knight. This affects King and up.

Aradon
04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Additionally, now that Scourge Knight has been renamed to Hand of Uruunaz, the equipment list should probably be updated as well. Otherwise you have equipment that's still listed as for Scourge Knight. This affects King and up.

Aw, Scourge Knight is one of my favorite cards, and I really liked that name. Hand of Uruunaz just doesn't have the same ring to it. At least the art is still killer :)