PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta Primer

Shaqattaq
04-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi HEXers. As of today, we are now in HEX Closed Beta. Thank you to all of you who helped us test and improve the alpha client that we launched in Fall 2013. Together, we’ve seen it develop into what it is now; our plans are to continue to improve it throughout beta by adding features and polishing the game. We are dedicated to giving you the game that you, the players, want. Closed Beta is just the beginning of HEX, and we’re excited to have you with us for this momentous occasion.

https://hextcg.com/closed-beta-primer/

Yoss
04-23-2014, 08:46 PM
How are you guys holding up, Will? You've been working for almost 16 hours straight...

Idus
04-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Must be a big relief to finally have it being delivered to us. Hope the mad rush of players getting in doesn't destabilise the servers.

I'm interested in the emphasis being placed on "family" name now, not keep name. Given many of those in my guild formed their names based on it referencing a location, they may want to change it to a different name. For example, I am "Idus of Mythopoeia" currently, which I am OK with, but if it's just "Idus Mythopoeia", I might change it. Without still having an idea of the PvE representation context, I'm back to my internal debate of what sounds good from a lore perspective.

Will we only have this option once, and have to ue it when we first get in, or can we delay the decision to later?

Yoss
04-23-2014, 10:39 PM
You can always change your name to any name that isn't taken yet by submitting a support ticket.

Arkaon
04-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Hello,

Couple of quick questions.

1) Was there an error in the article about not listing the "Pro-Players" free draft for life? Or was it just not mentioned.

2) If I backed with multiple emails, and have multiple tiers, can I just redeem everything on 1 account?

2a) If yes, how will that work with accounts that had two Spectral Lotus Gardens? Will I just have 2, and be producing 2 Spectral lotus's for each login? Or are these tied to accounts and can't be combined?

2c) If yes to above. Are all items, collectables, and rewards set to make sure they duplicate correctly if combined on the same account?

Pardon me if I am just slightly anxious about redeeming all of my codes on one account, and then having half a dozen things all break because of it. ;)

Also, I am extremely pumped for this. I really play to share the bejeezus out of this to friends/family.

Thanks Guys

Showsni
04-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Hey, look at theat! My Keep name is immortalised in the screenshot!

Daer
04-23-2014, 11:38 PM
What tiers do you have? The 'Free Drafts for 1 Year' don't stack from the Raid Leader, Collector, Guild Master and Dungeon Crawler tiers.

Lotus Gardens stack. Grand King and above tiers come with 2 lotus gardens.

Arkaon
04-23-2014, 11:48 PM
What tiers do you have?

Pro player and King. Also, am I able to redeem both codes to one account?

Daer
04-23-2014, 11:50 PM
Yes you can enter both codes on 1 account and everything from the Pro Player and King tiers stack.

Arkaon
04-23-2014, 11:51 PM
Yes you can enter both codes on 1 account and everything from the Pro Player and King tiers stack.

I just got really excited.

hakeswill
04-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Scheduled Maintenance - 4/24
We have scheduled maintenance from 4/23 at 11 PM to 4/24 at 11 AM (ending 4/24 18:00 GMT). We will be addressing bugs and some load issues with the new live hardware. You can continue to download the game while our servers are offline. You can follow us @HEXTCG on Twitter for updates and we'll have you players cracking packs, playing games as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience and love!
Last edited by Shaqattaq; Today at 05:53 AM.

Thank you so much Shaqattaq for posting this attached to the front page. I was trying to log in after receiving my emails and freaking out a bit. Now I will wait anxiously until I can play for realzies. *grin*

AstaSyneri
04-24-2014, 12:57 AM
I'm interested in the emphasis being placed on "family" name now, not keep name. Given many of those in my guild formed their names based on it referencing a location, they may want to change it to a different name. For example, I am "Idus of Mythopoeia" currently, which I am OK with, but if it's just "Idus Mythopoeia", I might change it. Without still having an idea of the PvE representation context, I'm back to my internal debate of what sounds good from a lore perspective.

Will we only have this option once, and have to ue it when we first get in, or can we delay the decision to later?

Good question. I tried to find the new naming rules, but couldn't find them (in office now, no access to the client). Does anybody have a link? It kind of defeats the "secure your name" idea in Alpha :/.

Daer
04-24-2014, 05:50 AM
No spaces is one of the rules and I believe the name has to be more than 3 characters. Not sure about the rest.

Dekester
04-24-2014, 06:53 AM
I'm not sure what's going on, but I downloaded and set up the Mac client, log in, it starts loading, then goes back to the login screen. It does this repeatedly. How can I fix this?

Oh, by waiting until the downtime is over. Maybe you can have it say something like, server maintenance so people know it's not their client being goofy?

filipcic
04-24-2014, 07:08 AM
I have a question about weekly draft tickets expiration: are there any chances to make them valid for more than 7 days? I realy like to draft, but there are vacations, holidays, babies born, gardens to plant - and sometimes 7 days just isn't enough time to have a 4 hours of free time for drafting. And I would feel very sorry to loose anyone of them :).

Daer
04-24-2014, 07:15 AM
In that case your option is to just rare draft and be done in 20 mins.

jgsugden
04-24-2014, 07:19 AM
For the year of free drafts reward, when does the clock begin? At code redemption, now regardless of when we redeem codes, or at some other time? How long can we wait to redeem our codes? Could I wait until set 2 is released and redeem then?

Daer
04-24-2014, 08:19 AM
At code redemption. They will expire at some point but it is currently unknown when, they we give us plenty of warning before then.

Malakili
04-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Just to be clear, the closed beta servers are not walled off by region yet are they?

Yoss
04-24-2014, 10:10 AM
No gardens yet that I saw when I logged in.

Saeijou
04-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Expire the free drafts that are given too?

Yoss
04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Each free draft ticket expires 7 days after you get it. The 1-year drafts reward code will expire some time in the future, which they will announce later.

Saeijou
04-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Oh... then i have to hurry with my drafts... :D thanks for the info!

Aradon
04-25-2014, 04:17 PM
The 3 free draft tickets that are purple, which came as a stretch goal bonus, do not appear to expire, however. The only expiring ones are the $250 tier weekly drafts, which have red tickets.

thak777
04-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Stupid question--do I have to download a new copy of the Beta, or will my old Alpha client patch itself into the Closed Beta version?

Saeijou
04-25-2014, 05:03 PM
you have to download a new one

Voormas
04-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Also in case anyone is wondering they are smart enough to use the tickets with the oldest expiration date before touching any other free draft tickets you might have, and the ticket expiration is listed relative to the time-zone set on your computer

AstaSyneri
04-29-2014, 06:08 AM
After I entered the code for a year-long free draft ticket, my draft ticket total jumped from 6 to 7, which means the 2x3 "non-expiring" tickets are stacked with the one that is only good for one week. How do I keep them apart and make sure I use the right one?

Or even if that is done automatically (always taking the ticket with the shortest life expectancy), how do I see when it's due?

ev1lb0b
04-29-2014, 01:19 PM
After I entered the code for a year-long free draft ticket, my draft ticket total jumped from 6 to 7, which means the 2x3 "non-expiring" tickets are stacked with the one that is only good for one week. How do I keep them apart and make sure I use the right one?

Or even if that is done automatically (always taking the ticket with the shortest life expectancy), how do I see when it's due?

Relog and you'll see the year free tickets are shown correctly in red.