PDA

View Full Version : Will the KS reward codes last forever?

XagoTrunk
04-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Say I don't use my KS reward code for 2 years, will it still work or is there an expiration date on when the codes have to be used by?

darkwonders
04-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Why would you wait?

playultm8
04-23-2014, 09:02 PM
1) Potential bugs (short term wait)
2) Desire to save unopened Set 1 packs long term and don't want the temptation of seeing them in your inventory every day
3) ......that's all the guesses I have.

chaosultimamage
04-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Why would you wait?

Seriously. This.

Yoss
04-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Similar question, when does the 1 year free drafts start? Is it from when you enter the code or from when you receive the email or...?

99.5%

yoyogod
04-23-2014, 09:24 PM
It looks like I'll have to wait a little while to use mine, since the account I want to use is a xxxx1@xxxx.com username, and I can't switch the password until support changes it to xxxx@xxxx.com. I hope they don't take too long with it, because I want my goodies.

Shaqattaq
04-23-2014, 09:47 PM
They might. The "Draft for a Year/Lifetime" codes will definitely expire, likely sometime after we go into full launch. We'll make sure to raise the alarms when that's happening and give people plenty of warning.

lkiv
04-23-2014, 09:59 PM
They might. The "Draft for a Year/Lifetime" codes will definitely expire, likely sometime after we go into full launch. We'll make sure to raise the alarms when that's happening and give people plenty of warning.

Is "for a year" from date of code redemption? Or from Closed Beta launch or another milestone?

I'm curious since I'll be busy in the upcoming weeks and this summer -- I really don't want to rare-draft and drop with the reward coupons, but it seems unlikely I'll be able to commit the time for actually drafting in the immediate future. =(

Cowbot
04-23-2014, 11:41 PM
If you don't redeem the codes, you can sell them to other people without giving up your account information.

For example, a grand king could sell his drafting code, collector card codes, etc, separately, without losing his amassed card collection or Keep name.

Why wait? As the population of the game increases and the supply of such codes drops, the value of the codes will most definitely go way, way up.

Edit: I don't recommend anyone do this, by the way. Seems like a good way to get banned or ripped off.

Laggi
04-23-2014, 11:55 PM
Do you get only Set 1 cards with the boosters you get from the redeemed code? And is the whole Set 1 even out yet? I'm really failing at looking up this info right now.
Because I was thinking of maybe saving the codes until they release some more cards, and then use the code. Since I probably won't play as much during closed beta as I will when the PVE is out / the game releases, I figure that I might as well wait with the boosters and have a chance for a wider variety of cards.

darkwonders
04-24-2014, 12:23 AM
All of set 1 was completed in Alpha. Don't worry about missing out on cards in boosters.

Cowbot
04-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Additionally, KS rewards are not "X number of boosters." They are "X number of Set 1 boosters." There is no reason to hold on to them. You cannot redeem them for Set 2 boosters.

Infini
04-24-2014, 01:01 AM
Why would you wait?

Because this game should stay in Alpha for at least a year more. I've literally never completed a match. I haven't seen a single feature work, that makes me think redeeming my backer rewards code will probably go wrong too, thus I'm going to wait for as long as possible.

elfstone
04-24-2014, 01:01 AM
yah the only question really on holding out is about the free draft a week for a year. Holding out a bit might allow you a few more set 2 drafts before the year is out. As a PP, I have no such issues ;). Jumping RIGHT into draft :p

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 01:15 AM
Because this game should stay in Alpha for at least a year more. I've literally never completed a match. I haven't seen a single feature work, that makes me think redeeming my backer rewards code will probably go wrong too, thus I'm going to wait for as long as possible.

That's most definitely not the experience most of us are having. Almost every match I play completes as expected now, and I've failed to finish maybe 2 tournaments in ~100 over the past 3-4 weeks.

If you're having specific problems you should contact support and have them help you out. Alternatively, create a thread with your issue here and you'll likely see a purple pop in and see if they can help.

RoaRawR
04-24-2014, 01:21 AM
if you did read the beta primer...

"All Dungeon Crawler, Collector, Guild Leader, and Raid Leader have 1 free Booster Draft per week for a year. These are sent to accounts via tickets."

that means you get 1 free ticket for a draft each week, so from the understanding of this. you don't need to draft everyweek as you can hoard tickets from my guess

my question can I hoard up tickets and wait to set 2 releases ?

so I really don't see any reason why to wait

if stufff get fucked up you won't lose anything, I will believe that they will help you to get it back if it happens

Khazrakh
04-24-2014, 01:22 AM
That's most definitely not the experience most of us are having. Almost every match I play completes as expected now, and I've failed to finish maybe 2 tournaments in ~100 over the past 3-4 weeks.

Indeed I didn't encounter a single game breaking bug/error for at least a month. Sure there still were some random problems with timers beeing off, the AI not doing anything for minutes and so on - but that's nothing you wouldn't expect while being in closed beta.
Also, CZE stated that they will refund you if anything goes wrong in any way and I fully trust them to stand up to their words.

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 01:29 AM
if you did read the beta primer...

"All Dungeon Crawler, Collector, Guild Leader, and Raid Leader have 1 free Booster Draft per week for a year. These are sent to accounts via tickets."

that means you get 1 free ticket for a draft each week, so from the understanding of this. you don't need to draft everyweek as you can hoard tickets from my guess

my question can I hoard up tickets and wait to set 2 releases ?

Also, in the primer is the following:

"You will see these tickets in your Stash, and you can mouse over the tickets to see their expiration date."

The question is, obviously, what will the expiration date be? Considering you get one each week, I would logically think they would be good for that week, maybe a few more. I feel like I already read this somewhere.

Marsden
04-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Beta Primer: As outlined in the Kickstarter, the weekly draft tickets expire after 7 days

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Beta Primer: As outlined in the Kickstarter, the weekly draft tickets expire after 7 days

*Sigh, I knew I saw/read this somewhere and my logic was sound.

Thanks for the confirmation.

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 01:56 AM
*Sigh, I knew I saw/read this somewhere and my logic was sound.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Not that big a deal really. Worst case - log in at the end of each week, rare draft for 20 minutes, and then log out. Won't take that long to get the value each week as long as you have a little time available. Best case - free draft, wins, and more packs!

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 02:12 AM
Not that big a deal really. Worst case - log in at the end of each week, rare draft for 20 minutes, and then log out. Won't take that long to get the value each week as long as you have a little time available. Best case - free draft, wins, and more packs!

I never considered that, but it makes sense. Mostly because you'll have tons of commons/uncommons already.

LexC
04-24-2014, 05:11 AM
While this thread is still alive I have a question, haven't been around for a while waiting on the release, sorry if it's easy to find an answer and I'm just being lazy but will our decks be reset on the release, or is this the start for us all, everything we find from now on is ours to keep? cheers

Kroan
04-24-2014, 05:14 AM
Yes. Everything you open is yours. There will be no further wipes.

LexC
04-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Good stuff, thank you :)

Xavon
04-27-2014, 06:08 PM
Do multiple drafts stack or not? In the original KS, it was said they would not (thus making selling them a reasonable idea), but what I've read here makes it sound like they might.

Also, can we sell our codes? Is it against ToS?

Quasari
04-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Do multiple drafts stack or not? In the original KS, it was said they would not (thus making selling them a reasonable idea), but what I've read here makes it sound like they might.

Also, can we sell our codes? Is it against ToS?
The For Life drafts stack. The one year one doesn't with anything. CZE doesn't like code selling.

EDIT: fixed my misunderstanding