PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Drafts for a Year

Massabik
04-23-2014, 09:06 PM
When exactly do the weekly drafts for a year ($250 tier) reward start? When we activate the code, or when we activate our tier code? Or at some time in the future?

Yoss
04-23-2014, 09:07 PM
I have the same question. I would also like to be able to merge my $250 tiers so I don't have to have more than one account.

darkwonders
04-23-2014, 09:10 PM
I was going to ask the same question for the life one, then I realized it was for life, so it didn't matter when I start it XD.

dogmod
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
I was going to ask the same question for the life one, then I realized it was for life, so it didn't matter when I start it XD.

When you relog onto your account after inputting the code.

Icestryke
04-23-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm in the same boat, I'd prefer to wait a little while before starting to play Hex, does the "Free drafts for a year" clock start this week and end around 04/23/15, or does it start whenever I sign up for a beta account or enter the code?

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 02:56 AM
Man, there has to be like 10 threads on the draft reward.

The code will be good long enough that you can wait until HEX goes gold (if you're concerned about patches/fixes/improvements, etc). Otherwise, it begins when you enter it.

DreamPuppet
04-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Man, there has to be like 10 threads on the draft reward.

The code will be good long enough that you can wait until HEX goes gold (if you're concerned about patches/fixes/improvements, etc). Otherwise, it begins when you enter it.

There are 10 threads because it's a big question that needs a very clear answer and not just guesses.

The Email i received says "Please do not reveal this code to anyone else and redeem it as soon as possible to activate your rewards."

If "as soon as possible" means i can wait until launch then i'll wait until launch because not everyone wants to use their rewards in the buggy stages of a game.

nickon
04-24-2014, 09:27 AM
If "as soon as possible" means i can wait until launch then i'll wait until launch because not everyone wants to use their rewards in the buggy stages of a game.

Don't be afraid to redeem your code just because you might not get certain rewards... If bugs did wrong to you, CZE will fix it in favor of the player.

Further, you've been drafting in alpha. Was it 'ok enough' for you back then? If the answer is yes, why would you wait untill open beta or even official launch? They didn't push this game to beta if it was still that unstable and buggy :)

Aradon
04-24-2014, 10:18 AM
There are 10 threads because it's a big question that needs a very clear answer and not just guesses.

The Email i received says "Please do not reveal this code to anyone else and redeem it as soon as possible to activate your rewards."

I also wanted to wait, but since they requested we redeem it asap, I went ahead and did so. Only fair, I felt.
CZE has said that there will be an expiration date on the weekly draft codes, which should be sometime soon after the official launch. They also said there will be plenty of warning and clarity about when they will expire, so if you pay attention to the forums, you'll likely be safe holding on to it for as long as you want, until they explicitly give you a date. For sure, though, you're safe to hold on to them until release.

I'm less certain on this part, but I'm pretty sure that the weekly draft code is separate, and can be redeemed separately.

LexC
04-24-2014, 10:46 AM
I think the experation bit they were talking about was in regards to the in-game (7 days)

mudkip
04-24-2014, 10:50 AM
While we're on this subject, I'd like to point out that it sucks and is pointless for the tokens to have an expiration. The PP's I can understand, but for the other $250 tiers I think it sucks.

Is there really anything wrong with someone playing 52 drafts, on 4/24/2015?

If this was WoW, I'd suggest something like an item ("Stack of tickets"?) that had a 7 day cooldown and the item produced was unique. That would stop this arbitrary taxing of someone that wants to take a week off Hex instead of forcing them to do a rare draft.

parogui
04-24-2014, 11:09 AM
While we're on this subject, I'd like to point out that it sucks and is pointless for the tokens to have an expiration. The PP's I can understand, but for the other $250 tiers I think it sucks.

If this was WoW, I'd suggest something like an item ("Stack of tickets"?) that had a 7 day cooldown and the item produced was unique. That would stop this arbitrary taxing of someone that wants to take a week off Hex instead of forcing them to do a rare draft.

It's not pointless. Many backers would just save them until set 2 or further sets are released as we have a lot of packs from set 1 already.

mudkip
04-24-2014, 11:10 AM
It's not pointless. Many backers would just save them until set 2 or further sets are released as we have a lot of packs from set 1 already.

So?

better Edit: What's the problem with that?

At the very least, it would be nice if the expiration was 21 days, that way small absents aren't too severe.

Daer
04-24-2014, 11:14 AM

Because if they did 52 drafts on 4/24/2015 they could draft only set 2/3/4/whatever is out by then instead of set 1.

larryhl
04-24-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't really mind the expiration date on the codes. But I really don't understand why they don't want the weekly drafts stacking. What's wrong with getting 2 free drafts a week? It's up to the player to remember to use both expiring draft tickets.

mudkip
04-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Because if they did 52 drafts on 4/24/2015 they could draft only set 2/3/4/whatever is out by then instead of set 1.

I don't see the issue with this. A free draft is a free draft.

parogui
04-24-2014, 11:29 AM
So?

better Edit: What's the problem with that?

At the very least, it would be nice if the expiration was 21 days, that way small absents aren't too severe.

Crypto loses money on the long run from set 2 and 3 booster sales. An extra expiration period seems more like a better idea, but I think 21 days is a bit of a stretch, maybe 14 days?

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 11:30 AM
I don't see the issue with this. A free draft is a free draft.

The issue is that enough people have lifetime drafts, and they actually want people to... You know, buy the product. :D

mudkip
04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Crypto loses money on the long run from set 2 and 3 booster sales. An extra expiration period seems more like a better idea, but I think 21 days is a bit of a stretch, maybe 14 days?

Unless the price of Set 1 is reduced in the future, the free draft token will always have a value of $7. What's the point in discriminating between time/sets ?

How would that affect you as the player? I personally don't care if I'm playing against someone who is using a token or has paid the entry.

The issue is that enough people have lifetime drafts, and they actually want people to... You know, buy the product. :D
With the PP free drafts I can understand. Though I'm sure they would still appreciate the expiration being at least 10-14 days.

As for the other $250 tiers, I read it more as "52 free drafts spread over a year." If I miss one it feels like a different perk.

Yoss
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
I'd love it if they could pile up in my account, but was never expecting it. An expiration of 10 days would make sense to take care of weekly schedule variations. (Example, maybe I plan to draft mostly on Friday nights, but maybe one week I'm out of town so I need to make it up some other night.)

Rendakor
04-24-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure how you could assume a free weekly draft meant 52 drafts, whenever. Making them weekly encourages you to log in more often. Also given the amount of Set 1 packs we got for KS, drafts will cost more later when we actually have to buy all of the packs instead of just paying the $1 fee.

sukebe
04-24-2014, 12:27 PM
A couple things...

First, they need you to use your drafts in a timely manner for a couple of reasons. I would guess the primary reason however is that it makes it easier for them to track in the accounting books. They that they will have x fewer draft purchases (packs and or entry fees) each week for 1 year. This makes it a lot easier to include these free drafts in their weekly, monthly, and yearly earnings projections. The next most important thing: If they let you save them up or not input your code in a timely manner then you will end up getting more set 2+ packs than was originally intended. I am sure they are considering set 1 a loss leader with all the packs given out in the KS and even the slacker backers. Letting you save up codes/drafts will serve only to extend the loss period even further.

Second, even if you cannot use all of your free drafts in a year you are not "loosing" out on something that you should have. The free drafts for a year was added on to the rest of the $250 tiers fairly far into the KS. This is a bonus, not a part of the original tier. If you miss a couple of drafts because you need a week break, so be it. It will not be the end of the world.

You really shouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth. You all are getting a great bonus.

mudkip
04-24-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm not doubting it's better financially for CZE - that's obvious. I'm arguing that it sucks for the player to not have some more flexibility with when they claim the free draft.

Just because they can do something better for their bank balance, it doesn't mean they should.

Svenn
04-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I think the experation bit they were talking about was in regards to the in-game (7 days)

No, they said the codes will expire at some point, but that would be after launch most likely and they will give warning before they do. You can't hold on to it forever.

Arbiter
04-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Individual players get the benefit of the free weekly draft. The player base gets the benefit of queues filling faster because there are a few thousand people getting a free draft a week. It means that queues will tick over at a reasonable rate even in the down-cycle periods - specifically the month before new expansions.

Let people wait forever or delay for weeks and the queues may take ages to pop during slow times. It's important (and smart) to guarantee a base usage. Plus Cory is interested in fair. If you have an extended break during your year (a work deployment for example), have a chat to them about it and I am sure they'll work something out. Missing a few weeks here or there is hardly a big deal as the drafts are a bonus.

shocker455
04-24-2014, 03:11 PM
They promise people a free draft each week, and those people are getting a free draft each week.

Now people are complaining they arn't getting more then a free draft each week lol. Why not complain you arnt getting 3 free drafts a week while your at it.

jasta85
04-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Is there a way to see if you have lifetime weekly draft activated? I have the red and purple tickets in my inventory but I don't know if those are the lifetime or if it was activated as soon as I entered the code

Aradon
04-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Is there a way to see if you have lifetime weekly draft activated? I have the red and purple tickets in my inventory but I don't know if those are the lifetime or if it was activated as soon as I entered the code

The Purple tickets are the permanent 3 from the stretch goals. The red ticket is the temporary weekly one, so it sounds like your lifetime drafts are activated.

mudkip
04-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Individual players get the benefit of the free weekly draft. The player base gets the benefit of queues filling faster because there are a few thousand people getting a free draft a week. It means that queues will tick over at a reasonable rate even in the down-cycle periods - specifically the month before new expansions.

Let people wait forever or delay for weeks and the queues may take ages to pop during slow times. It's important (and smart) to guarantee a base usage. Plus Cory is interested in fair. If you have an extended break during your year (a work deployment for example), have a chat to them about it and I am sure they'll work something out. Missing a few weeks here or there is hardly a big deal as the drafts are a bonus.

Player base is a fair point, but what happens in a year when the number of free drafts drop by 3/4? Would it really be a bad thing if there are still a few people using free drafts and therefore helping with queues?

I'm not talking about extended periods of non-play for external reasons, rather if for one reason or another you miss one week it would be nice if you could make it up the next week. Similarly, if I'm burned out on Hex I'll feel like I'm obligated to jump on once a week and rare-draft. I don't see how this feeling would help the player base.

Again, I want to point out that my disagreement with the 7day expiry is not necessarily at the PP perk, rather the other $250 tiers who received a limited number of free drafts.

Gorgol
04-24-2014, 04:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CduQVNX.png

Freebird_Falcon
04-24-2014, 06:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CduQVNX.png

Thanks! This should probably get added to that Beta FAQ thread.