PDA

View Full Version : Stacking rewards

wigglez721
04-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Does anyone happen to know of a thread or link that talks about which rewards stack and which ones do not? I backed 3 pro tiers and before redeeming them all on one account, I just wanted to see which ones stack and which ones don't. Thanks!

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 09:31 PM
the free drafts don't stack, as far as I know, thats all that doesn't stack, besides like the raid leader buff if you buy multiple raid leaders and apply them to the same account I don't think there's any bonus.

wigglez721
04-23-2014, 09:37 PM
well the free drafts for life from the pro tier stack I believe. I'm wondering if that tournament that they spoke about stack. I think it's the one where you can win 4 of every card in set 1 or something?

Kami
04-23-2014, 09:41 PM
well the free drafts for life from the pro tier stack I believe. I'm wondering if that tournament that they spoke about stack. I think it's the one where you can win 4 of every card in set 1 or something?

The tournament entry doesn't stack. They've stated this before.

Unclear about the 1y free drafts but the Pro tier drafts stack though.

wigglez721
04-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Oh and the 3 month VIP program. Not sure if those stack.

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 09:48 PM
fairly certain the vip does not stack

wigglez721
04-23-2014, 09:51 PM
fairly certain the vip does not stack

Just would be nice to get some for sure clarifications on some of these rewards. I really don't want to have to make 3 accounts just to benefit from all of these rewards, but if I'm missing out on some good rewards, I just may.

Black_Omega
04-23-2014, 09:53 PM
VIP Stacks.

Look at the Beta Primer... Here is the paragraph:

VIP and Weekly Drafts
Every Champion-and-above redemption code comes with a free 3-month free VIP subscription. The game will deliver a free pack to your account every week. In addition, VIP provides a monthly tournament with great prizes. We are putting the finishing touches on the VIP code distribution system and will send those in a separate email sometime in the future. Initially, we outlined that VIPs would not stack. Now, they will stack. You will be able to redeem those codes for your free 3 months of VIP, and you can stack them as you would like. So, redeeming 2 codes would provide your account for 6 months of VIP.

ursa23
04-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Was going to find the link about VIP, but I got beat to it:)

swigmonkey
04-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Question then,

I bought two pro-players. I want to keep two accounts (for my wife and/or son to use). Can I just use the free draft code on one account, leaving all the other bonuses of the other account there for them to utilize?

From what I gather this is doable. Just wanted to make sure though before I actually do it.

Zomnivore
04-23-2014, 10:35 PM
VIP Stacks.

Look at the Beta Primer... Here is the paragraph:

Thank you for correcting me, as always information is bound to sour, glad you found some fresh info.

Tamba
04-24-2014, 08:41 AM
"Free draft for a year" rewards don't stack with each other, "free draft for life" does.
What happens if you have one of each? Can you combine them, or do you need to use 2 accounts?

Hatts
04-24-2014, 08:48 AM
"Free draft for a year" rewards don't stack with each other, "free draft for life" does.
What happens if you have one of each? Can you combine them, or do you need to use 2 accounts?

Also wondering this. IIRC from KS time you can't, but now I wonder if they may allow it...

Yoss
04-24-2014, 08:58 AM
It honestly still makes no sense to me why they wouldn't be stackable, but since there's a separate code for the 1yr drafts, you can perhaps just split off that one code to a second (temporary for 1 year) account while stacking everything else.

Do we know if the mercenaries stack now that they're tradeable? I would assume yes, but never saw a CZE confirmation to that effect.

Daer
04-24-2014, 09:02 AM

Free Draft for a Year doesn't stack with any other draft so you need to use 2 accounts.

Rapkannibale
04-24-2014, 09:16 AM
I have two collectors. If I merge them will I get 4 of every Collector exclusive AA card (now and the future ones)?

Yoss
04-24-2014, 09:17 AM
I have two collectors. If I merge them will I get 4 of every Collector exclusive AA card (now and the future ones)?

Yes

fido_one
04-24-2014, 09:28 AM

...but to be clear, if you merge those accounts, you will have 1 free draft per week for a year instead of 2 free drafts per week for a year if you kept those accounts separate.

ixokai
04-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Yes

Are you sure about this? From where? They were VERY explicit that the account-flag benefits-- those things the $250 tiers got-- did NOT stack. As in, things like Pro's drafts for life, and Collector's extra cards. Both in public posts and in PM's when I asked before buying my second Collectors.

As I understand it, they must be separate accounts. That said, you can just mail (or will be able to eventually) all your extra cards over to your main account if you need it.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Are you sure about this? From where? They were VERY explicit that the account-flag benefits-- those things the $250 tiers got-- did NOT stack. As in, things like Pro's drafts for life, and Collector's extra cards. Both in public posts and in PM's when I asked before buying my second Collectors.

As I understand it, they must be separate accounts. That said, you can just mail (or will be able to eventually) all your extra cards over to your main account if you need it.

^ this is not accurate. Pro drafts for life always stacked. Some things do some don't.

Yoss
04-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Would sure be nice, less confusing, and less work for CZE if everything just stacked.

Rapkannibale
04-24-2014, 10:37 AM
...but to be clear, if you merge those accounts, you will have 1 free draft per week for a year instead of 2 free drafts per week for a year if you kept those accounts separate.

Well the free draft is a seperate code so I would keep that on a seperate account. :)

knightofeffect
04-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Super super greedy of me, but I still wish they had given GK a year of free drafts to stack with the lifetime when they gave all the other 250 tiers the free year :P. It made me regret giving up the collector + pro that I had early in the kick starter for the GK, but it's probably close to even in the end, depending on what the DC boosts are really worth.

Arbiter
04-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Do we know if the mercenaries stack now that they're tradeable? I would assume yes, but never saw a CZE confirmation to that effect.

This is what I'd like to know. If they don't I'll just go with separate accounts so I can give them to mates later, If they do I'll likely merge.

wigglez721
04-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Would sure be nice, less confusing, and less work for CZE if everything just stacked.

I agree fully. I don't really understand why we can't everything stack. I guess I'm missing something or they see something I don't see. I don't really see any of the rewards giving anyone any type of advantage if their rewards stacked.

Zomnivore
04-24-2014, 02:23 PM
I agree fully. I don't really understand why we can't everything stack. I guess I'm missing something or they see something I don't see. I don't really see any of the rewards giving anyone any type of advantage if their rewards stacked.

It was to limit the value of buying up tiers. To prevent people never having to reinvest in the game.

3 years of free drafts each week devalues the pvp tier etc.

fido_one
04-24-2014, 03:22 PM
It was to limit the value of buying up tiers. To prevent people never having to reinvest in the game.

3 years of free drafts each week devalues the pvp tier etc.

Well, I think they are talking about stacking in x amount of drafts per week for a year, x being how many non pp 250 tiers were purchased (as apposed to 1 draft a year for x years).

Either way, the point is most people will split accounts as a result of not stacking which probably doesn't help the game out much.

sukebe
04-24-2014, 04:23 PM
They have said multiple times that they never really intended for people to buy multiple tiers. I believe they even mentioned that they regretted allowing it but could not go back on what they said initially. By making it so that the $250 tier free drafts do not stack, they added incentive to those who wanted to buy a single one while adding no incentive to buy multiples. Many people missed out on the $250 tier they wanted because people purchased 2, 3 or even 4 of them for themselves. I think making the 1 year drafts not stack was a smart move on their part, though it didnt seem to stop people from buying multiples and still asking to have them stack.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm going to hire sukebe as my spokesman, and retire from the forum.

Kami
04-24-2014, 04:32 PM

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

No retirement for you.

sukebe
04-24-2014, 04:37 PM

lol, don't do that, I am way to lazy :-)

Turtlewing
04-24-2014, 05:04 PM

I was here during the grate ProPlayer hunt, and my impression was that CZE didn't intend for any of the rewards to stack. You were supposed to pledge once and get a pledge package that included the perks of the lower packages. But we the community min-maxed the hell out of our pledges via multiple kickstarter accounts and double pledging via KS and paypall, and then backed them into a corner with regards to merging accounts (enough people had already double pledged that their choice was allow stacking or accept that a lot of the big pledgers were going to have multiple accounts, and possibly bitch about it publicly).

So when they added the free weekly draft for a year perks they having learned a harsh lesson about giving an inch and being on the hook for a mile, specified that the new perk would not be cumulative.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 05:21 PM
That's not actually what happened at all. One fateful day... A dev who will remain nameless that we all know and love came onto the forums and answered a simple question about whether we could combine tiers... They said they didn't see any problem with that, and the feeding frenzy began. The smart move would have been to publicly castrate that individual, but instead CZE did the right? kind? sweet? loving? fans first? thing and stuck by that dev to the bitter end. Which really turned out pretty okay, the KS was a huge success. But that's no reason to allow stacking on things that were very loudly and publicly unstackable.

Turtlewing
04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
I recall the original answer being a reply to someone's email to support (the actual answer being that they would help that one person get their multiple pledges they already made merged into one account) which got posted to the forums then the feeding frenzy began and some time later the devs commented on stacking pledges in general.

Either way it's pretty clear that the free weekly draft for a year perks were made non-stackable on purpose, and we were told they wouldn't stack from the beginning.

Poetic
04-25-2014, 04:41 AM
Just seems strange they wouldn't allow it to stack regardless if people knew from the start. A $250 tier is supposed to come with certain things. When you stack, which they allow, now part of the tier you paid for is gone? Very weird.

AstaSyneri
04-25-2014, 05:02 AM
It's all bridge under the water isn't it? In the end there was a hugely successful Kickstarter, a huge warchest to play with and who cares that the backers got immense nominal value for a very low price? It's not like you have cost for printing cards...

Now if you have backed multiple tiers (I would probably have borrowed money, had I known how things would eventually turn out ;-)) you get codes for each tier, plus codes for the 1-year free drafts.

My question: Since the latter are separate codes, can I gift away one to a friend who only has a slacker backer? I don't want to run separate accounts, and I really am not much into draft anyways.

Turtlewing
04-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Just seems strange they wouldn't allow it to stack regardless if people knew from the start. A $250 tier is supposed to come with certain things. When you stack, which they allow, now part of the tier you paid for is gone? Very weird.

It's because they didn't want to encourage the harding behavior that they saw with the pro player tier (getting more people interested in Hex was one goal of the KS not just making money). At the time PP had sold out and the forums were full of people who pledged 4x PP saying that no other tier was comparable in value and people who missed PP entirely claiming they weren't interested din pledging unless they could get a PP tier (trying to get more PP's allocated for sale).

In order to make more free drafts available, increase the perceived value of non-PP tiers, and bring in both more money and more people, the devs added the non-stacking limited time weekly drafts.

It was actually a very elegant solution to the problems is was intended to address.

On a completely different topic: are sleeves supposed to stack? I thought there weren't but I seem to have duplicates.

Turtlewing
04-25-2014, 08:19 AM
My question: Since the latter are separate codes, can I gift away one to a friend who only has a slacker backer? I don't want to run separate accounts, and I really am not much into draft anyways.

Good question, I was thinking of doing similar.

hex_colin
04-25-2014, 08:21 AM
On a completely different topic: are sleeves supposed to stack? I thought there weren't but I seem to have duplicates.

Log out and quit the client and log back in - you'll just have the ones you expect (no duplicates). There's a UI issue where the client "remembers" certain inventory information between sessions and it leads to weird display-only issues.

nearlysober
04-25-2014, 01:37 PM
Been awhile since pledging and all the discussion of rewards & stacking, I'm a bit fuzzy on something.

I have a code for "draft for life" and a code for "1 year of drafts". Will those stack? I know the 1 years don't stack with each other... and I think they dont stack with the lifetime... just want to be sure.

If not, I'm going to give the "1 year of draft" to a friend who wasn't able to pledge as high. I have no interest in managing 2 accounts just for some free cards :)

Gwaer
04-25-2014, 01:38 PM
The last thing we heard is that they won't stack.

nearlysober
04-25-2014, 02:06 PM
That's what I assumed, which is fine as that is not why I double pledged anyway.

Now, to make two friends compete for the one code :D

Xenavire
04-25-2014, 02:10 PM
That's what I assumed, which is fine as that is not why I double pledged anyway.

Now, to make two friends compete for the one code :D

Have a chilli cookoff! (I am eating chilli right now, damn its good.)

Revoluketion
04-27-2014, 09:01 AM
I can definitely confirm that the tournament drafts for life do stack.

all three of my pro tiers show on my account.

UDareUTake
04-27-2014, 09:48 AM
See Post 3 of this thread http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34978 , have some info on stacking,

Yoss
04-27-2014, 04:07 PM
It also points out there are still things we need to know. :)

Thanks for keeping up a list for us!