PDA

View Full Version : KS rewards - mercenaries

Rathal
04-23-2014, 10:11 PM
I remember reading a while back that mercenaries were being changed to be tradable. One of the tiers I backed was a King, and I'd planned on putting it on a separate account, giving it to my brother for the sleeves, mercs, etc., and having most of the cards mailed back to the main account I'll be using myself.

Is t safer to combine this with other pledges on my own account, and will there be multiple copies of the mercs when PvE is available to send them over? I believe this won't be an option for sleeves, but that's not a huge concern.

icyangelus
04-23-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm not entirely sure but I think Cory mentioned in an interview that you could only have 1 of each mercenary so I would assume it's safer to redeem them separately, again I'm not completely sure about that.
:/

Yoss
04-24-2014, 08:37 AM
If they're tradeable they need to be stackable at least to two at a time (one for you, one to trade). I do not believe we've heard a CZE response on this yet.

Swordmage
04-24-2014, 10:07 AM
I also would like to know ASAP.

TheFallen
04-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Same here, very important point for merging strategies ^_^

Krond
04-24-2014, 10:30 AM
They did say that merc would be tradable at one point. However, the last interview I heard Cory say that mercs were treated as "your account has this," or "your account does not have this." Obvious discrepancy here. Since they did at one point say you could trade them, I think they'll make them tradable (honoring their promise, happy players, etcetera.). Since PVE is not here yet, they should have plenty of time to figure this out :)

Yoss
04-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Since PVE is not here yet, they should have plenty of time to figure this out :)

But people want to redeem/stack KS codes NOW and therefore need a certain amount of assurance that they're not screwing themselves when they try to stack things.

So much confusion generated for no reason with all these exceptions about what stacks and doesn't. Letting everything stack would answer all the questions and let the team focus on more interesting things. It would also mean that people wouldn't need multiple accounts, which is a definite bonus for bot tracking and VIP abuse detection.

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
It is hard to say. I was kind of under the impression that all mercenaries except the ones from the KS rewards could be traded.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 10:50 AM
It is hard to say. I was kind of under the impression that all mercenaries except the ones from the KS rewards could be traded.

The issue isn't trading (and the KS ones should be tradeable). It is about whether or not you can have multiple on a single account, in order to trade later.

BTW, something that has been worrying me - do Mercs bind on use? I mean sure, you can trade them, but do they ever bind? Or will they always be an asset like a card?

mudkip
04-24-2014, 11:09 AM
It would make sense if they bound. I think I said this in another thread, but they should be treated like pets/mounts in WoW where you can trade them as an item, but if you use them they're locked into your collection.

Best of both worlds, IMO.

Yoss
04-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Please no binding on mercs. You should be able to trade for one, play it a bit, then trade it again.

Aradon
04-24-2014, 11:14 AM
I'd like to see mercenaries be in 'token form' until they're redeemed, which then become account unlocks. It seems like the cleanest way to do tradable mercs, allow for merc stacking, etc, while keeping them flags like they originally intended. They'd fit right into the inventory tab.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Please no binding on mercs. You should be able to trade for one, play it a bit, then trade it again.

I agree with this so much. If they bind, I literally have to scramble to buy my fiancee a Moof merc, because I swore black and blue that we would share it, and I refuse to let her down, because she thinks Moof is fricking adorable.

I would much rather that they were freely tradable forever. I despise bound stuff (even the sleeves being bound is unsettling for me.)

mudkip
04-24-2014, 11:30 AM

I expect mercs to turn into a pokemone-eque thing were you want to collect 'em all. So regardless whether you like the Merc or ever use it, it would be awesome to have it in your collection.

TJTaylor
04-24-2014, 11:38 AM
The sleeves being bound is a pisser. I've got multiple copies of sleeves that I'd love to give away since they do nothing for me beyond the first. But I understand Cory wants them to have that "I was there" feeling and can respect that.

I really hope Mercs won't bind though. They impact game play so people should have an opportunity to get mercs down the line if they really want them.

Yoss
04-24-2014, 11:52 AM
I don't mind vanity items binding for the "you earned this" feeling. All else infinitely tradeable though.

ossuary
04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
All we know for sure right now is that we're not going to get multiple copies of the mercs (ala the reward tiers that double up our rewards). Cory said in the interview that making them tradeable wasn't intended to introduce hundreds of extra copies of the mercs (basically free money for those people that bought multiples, as there would then be an excess supply of ones those players could never use, which they can sell to the highest bidders).

I would expect them to be like tokens, so if you get 5 of them to drop from treasure chests, you can redeem one yourself (at which point you permanently gain access to that merc on your account) and sell, trade, or gift the other tokens as you see fit. That way makes the most sense to me.

Kami
04-24-2014, 12:28 PM
All we know for sure right now is that we're not going to get multiple copies of the mercs (ala the reward tiers that double up our rewards). Cory said in the interview that making them tradeable wasn't intended to introduce hundreds of extra copies of the mercs (basically free money for those people that bought multiples, as there would then be an excess supply of ones those players could never use, which they can sell to the highest bidders).

That would make sense if not for the fact that there will be players that will have multi-accounts. Thus players who lose mercenaries via merging (if they don't stack) will be at a disadvantage, trade-wise.

sukebe
04-24-2014, 12:32 PM
I would be extremely surprised if mercs do not "bind on use". It doesnt seem logical to me to let them be used and leveled by one player then traded/sold to another. Corey said that mercs will be something that is flagged in your account as being something that you have. I agree with those above who said they are likely to be tokens that when used give you access to the merc then disappear.

Shustro
04-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Any official response?

Yoss
04-25-2014, 10:20 PM

I would expect them to be like tokens, so if you get 5 of them to drop from treasure chests, you can redeem one yourself (at which point you permanently gain access to that merc on your account) and sell, trade, or gift the other tokens as you see fit. That way makes the most sense to me.

Oh no, do I need to put in a support ticket to un-merge my account then? That's lame.

Gwaer
04-25-2014, 10:50 PM
I think it would be far simpler and answer all of these questions if they just made nothing stack =/

Aradon
04-26-2014, 11:46 AM
I thought the 'no extra copies of the mercs' comment from Cory was in regards to the duplicate exclusive cards from the KS stretch goal (double of every promo) and collector tier bonus. He didn't intend for a single backing to create duplicate of a single-need item, so that's not how it'll be implemented. I would think that merged accounts could get multiple of the same merc, if they're an exchangeable commodity.

Rycajo
04-26-2014, 11:51 AM
I thought the 'no extra copies of the mercs' comment from Cory was in regards to the duplicate exclusive cards from the KS stretch goal (double of every promo) and collector tier bonus. He didn't intend for a single backing to create duplicate of a single-need item, so that's not how it'll be implemented. I would think that merged accounts could get multiple of the same merc, if they're an exchangeable commodity.

This was my understanding as well. I don't believe we have an official answer concerning one account holding extra Mercs.

Does anyone know if future rewards are going to be given out with new codes? Or will future items just drop into the account that has been flagged as having a X Tier code redeemed?

ossuary
04-26-2014, 12:55 PM
...that's what I was saying too. :)

One KS account won't produce multiple mercs no matter what tier you backed at, but if you backed multiple tiers, you get multiple "stash items" that are one-time activated to give an account the mercenary. You use one for yourself, then trade/sell/gift the rest. I was just saying that Cory said we wouldn't be getting doubled up mercenaries from the "double promo" stretch goal.

Grumph
04-26-2014, 01:27 PM
I bet they are stackable, if you look at the list of backer rewards from the beta update you can see that they put a 1 next to all of the mercenary names. Why have the 1 unless to show that they can be stacked

Yoss
04-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Really hoping to see some purple on this topic. Please. I bought my bro SB for Christmas 2013 and was thinking to follow up with mercs for Christmas 2014.

havocattack
04-26-2014, 10:30 PM
...that's what I was saying too. :)

One KS account won't produce multiple mercs no matter what tier you backed at, but if you backed multiple tiers, you get multiple "stash items" that are one-time activated to give an account the mercenary. You use one for yourself, then trade/sell/gift the rest. I was just saying that Cory said we wouldn't be getting doubled up mercenaries from the "double promo" stretch goal.

I hope it is this too >_<

Gridian
04-27-2014, 03:28 AM
I remember reading that the mercs will be tradable - I just don't remember when or where, it was a while ago.

ossuary
04-27-2014, 06:14 AM
It was one of Cory's blog posts. He admitted they realized it was a mistake, because it was effectively telling certain people they couldn't ever play a deck they wanted to play. So they will be tradeable, but we also know they will be account flagged (you either have the merc or you don't). So this strongly suggests they will come in the form of either a code you redeem (and can therefore trade until it gets used), or a token in your inventory that you consume to flag your account (this would be better, since you could potentially get scammed by someone giving out fraudulent codes but it's impossible to give out a fraudulent token item).

We also know that KS tiers that get double rewards will NOT get multiple copies of the mercs. All we really need to know at this point is whether or not someone who bought multiple KS tiers and put them on a single account will still get all appropriate copies of their mercs. Hopefully, that answer is yes. :)

Gridian
04-27-2014, 08:09 AM
It was one of Cory's blog posts. He admitted they realized it was a mistake, because it was effectively telling certain people they couldn't ever play a deck they wanted to play. So they will be tradeable, but we also know they will be account flagged (you either have the merc or you don't). So this strongly suggests they will come in the form of either a code you redeem (and can therefore trade until it gets used), or a token in your inventory that you consume to flag your account (this would be better, since you could potentially get scammed by someone giving out fraudulent codes but it's impossible to give out a fraudulent token item).

We also know that KS tiers that get double rewards will NOT get multiple copies of the mercs. All we really need to know at this point is whether or not someone who bought multiple KS tiers and put them on a single account will still get all appropriate copies of their mercs. Hopefully, that answer is yes. :)

I see :-) Your token-solution would make lots of sense - and since I redeemed all my Kings on the same account as the DL I'll be able to report once the mercs see the light of day.

hexnaes
04-27-2014, 08:23 AM
While spinning the wheels of fate, I received multiple copies of the same merc to redeem.

Even with what Cory said about having multiple mercs, I do have multiple tokens that represent the same merc in my inventory right now. (I received three of Ashahsa, Windborne Acolyte)

It seems like we'll be able to trade mercs, but once we redeem them, they'll be linked to our account forever.

edit: screen cap of the multiple mercs (http://imgur.com/vJpvwJ3)

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 08:46 AM
It seems like we'll be able to trade mercs, but once we redeem them, they'll be linked to our account forever.
screen cap of the multiple mercs (http://imgur.com/vJpvwJ3)

This would make me so sad. :/

Vorpal
04-27-2014, 01:05 PM
This would make me so sad. :/

That seems fine to me? If you want to trade them, just don't redeem them.

It's so much better than being told flat out that you can't trade them at all, anyway :)

incitfulmonk21
04-27-2014, 01:55 PM
As far as my vote goes mercenaries that are dropped in your inventory as tokens that can be traded on the AH yes please.

I already stacked my accounts and if that means I lost copies of mercenaries, well sometimes that's the way life breaks. Still would prefer to trade access mercenaries including the Kickstarter ones.

Yoss
04-27-2014, 02:53 PM

This.

Also, I really hope that mercs are just "cards" that are fully tradeable even after you play with them. That way the supply will not shrink to zero so quickly and every player (almost) forever more will have a chance (at some price) to play with whatever mercs he finds interesting. If the mercs are codes that bind on use, then supply will drop to zero very quickly and leave the market starved. That really doesn't sound fun to me.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 03:05 PM
This.

Also, I really hope that mercs are just "cards" that are fully tradeable even after you play with them. That way the supply will not shrink to zero so quickly and every player (almost) forever more will have a chance (at some price) to play with whatever mercs he finds interesting. If the mercs are codes that bind on use, then supply will drop to zero very quickly and leave the market starved. That really doesn't sound fun to me.

I really hope for the opposite of this =/

ossuary
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
This.

We already have the answer on this, Yoss. Cory specifically said that mercs will be a flag on your account - either you have them, or you don't. Once you have them, if a token gave them to you, then the token would have to be consumed, otherwise you could just hand it to all of your friends to activate and they'd all have it. If it was "just" a card you could trade, then it wouldn't be an account flag anymore.

I think it's fine that there be SOME scarcity to mercenaries. There will always be people who hoard them, and I'm sure more than could ever possibly be used will be generated from those treasure chests over the next few months. They'll be buyable even several years from now, for a price. But making them freely, infinitely tradeable makes it TOO easy to get them.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 04:19 PM
That is pretty old information. Someone just said in another thread on mercs that Cory said mercs won't bind. =\.

Idk.

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 04:37 PM
I have it on my stream if anyone wants to see it. Hopefully readable.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Link plz?

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 04:44 PM
I will be streaming for a short while longer Gwaer (hosting a tournament) but as soon as it is done I will find it and highlight it for you. should be within 30 mins.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Sweet, thanks much.

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 05:21 PM
As promised: quality isn't amazing, but it is legible.

http://www.twitch.tv/xenavire/c/4145542

incitfulmonk21
04-27-2014, 05:31 PM
maybe I am reading into it to much which happens but them being tradeable and them stacking as rewards seem to be two different questions.

Thanks for the link though Xen still helpful info.

Xenavire
04-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I asked the stacking question, no answer. The answer seems (note this is an assumption) that stacking is possible, due to the Wheels of Fate reward mercs stacking for now.