PDA

View Full Version : The free year of drafts. 1 year from date redeemed?

theradol
04-23-2014, 10:49 PM
do i need to be in any hurry to redeem my draft code? I don't feel like actively starting to play this until its a little closer to a finished product (aka, can finish games without the game freezing all the time).

And if you can redeem them any time and it just lasts for a year, can I redeem them during future sets and draft other sets?

DesertMage
04-23-2014, 11:04 PM
This is a good question. I'd like to hear the answer.

DreamPuppet
04-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Agreed that it's an important question.

I have mixed feelings about starting the free drafts, VIP and actually starting to charge any money to play in a closed beta which always have problems. I understand that they are refunding people who get booted out of a paid match, but still, charging to play in a closed beta just seems weird.

If everything just starts counting down from today then the free months of VIP and 6 months of free drafts will likely be gone before they have knocked most of the bugs out.

AstaSyneri
04-24-2014, 01:46 AM
VIP stacks now, which is nice. That one is a no-brainer anyways, and doesn't cost a lot.

But the free booster drafts are interesting: In theory if you have two $250 tiers the booster drafts don't stack. But what if you redeem one of them now, and one, say when the game launches for real? Does that extend the time for booster drafts?

Kroan
04-24-2014, 01:48 AM
The answer is already in this thread:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34727

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Correct.

Specifically Post #7. "Sometime after launch". So I guess theoretically yes, you could wait until the product has been completely sorted out and goes Gold before redeeming. Seems fair.

AstaSyneri
04-24-2014, 01:56 AM
The answer is already in this thread:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34727

The only thing I see there is:

They might. The "Draft for a Year/Lifetime" codes will definitely expire, likely sometime after we go into full launch. We'll make sure to raise the alarms when that's happening and give people plenty of warning.

That doesn't really answer the question. Or am I missing something?

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 02:02 AM
The only thing I see there is:

That doesn't really answer the question. Or am I missing something?

If by answering you mean wanting a definitive "hard" date, no it doesn't.

Kroan
04-24-2014, 02:46 AM
How does it not answer your questions. They will expire at some points. They will give you notice when. Expect it to be close to launch that you have to use the code. You can't use them for future sets unless those sets are released within a year of the launch.

Showsni
04-24-2014, 03:01 AM
How does it not answer your questions. They will expire at some points. They will give you notice when. Expect it to be close to launch that you have to use the code. You can't use them for future sets unless those sets are released within a year of the launch.

Because the question was more about when the free drafts start - is it exactly a year from when you redeem the code, or is it a year from the Beta start date?

ZillahEnoch
04-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Well, in essence, Shaq says that from a certain date onwards we won't be able to redeem these codes anymore.

The question here was different.
Theradol basically asks if the 1 year window for the free drafts is shared for everybody (such as from 04/23:2014 to 04/23/2015) or if it is individual and depending on the day you redeemed your code (If I redeem it the last available day, do I still have 1 full year of drafts to come ?)

Kroan
04-24-2014, 03:05 AM
Because the question was more about when the free drafts start - is it exactly a year from when you redeem the code, or is it a year from the Beta start date?

It starts when you redeem the code. Otherwise there would be no point in letting the 1-year draft codes themself expire, would there?

ZillahEnoch
04-24-2014, 03:07 AM
It starts when you redeem the code. Otherwise there would be no point in letting the 1-year draft codes themself expire, would there?

Very true. You were right, the post did answer the question ^^

Kroan
04-24-2014, 03:12 AM
Sorry if I come over as bit grumpy :P I stayed awake until 3 AM for beta, decided to sleep, stand up and saw that I just missed the opportunity to login b/c of sever maintenance haha

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 03:18 AM
Sorry if I come over as bit grumpy :P I stayed awake until 3 AM for beta, decided to sleep, stand up and saw that I just missed the opportunity to login b/c of sever maintenance haha

I've yet to download the client due to working so don't feel too bad.. =D
Now, if you don't get any primals, then you can feel bad.. =P

AstaSyneri
04-24-2014, 04:37 AM

I'll rephrase my question:

If I start my one year of free booster drafts now, and use a second tier that gives me a year of free booster drafts when the game launches for real (at Launch, capital L), will that extend my free booster drafts to one year after that point? That would be a "partial" stacking ability, I guess.

incitfulmonk21
04-24-2014, 04:45 AM
The year of free drafts don't stack. Period. So if you redeem 2 at once you get one year. redeem 1 then wait a month redeem another you are still on the first one's timer. It was talked about during kickstarter because people wanted to wait and redeem 2nd and 3rd codes after the first year expired.

It was deemed against the spirit of the gift and therefore only one code per account for the 1 year free draft. However, pro + (up to 4 per account) do stack since they are for life.

Kroan
04-24-2014, 04:48 AM
I'll rephrase my question:

If I start my one year of free booster drafts now, and use a second tier that gives me a year of free booster drafts when the game launches for real (at Launch, capital L), will that extend my free booster drafts to one year after that point? That would be a "partial" stacking ability, I guess.
The launch will be closer to one year. The rewards don't stack. So I'm pretty sure you can't time it in a way you have two years in a row (or 1.5 years). My guess is we're about 2 months off open beta, which could be considered "launch" in some way.

Anyway, I think best is to just your 1 year drafts on different accounts rather then squeeze out value from those 1 year drafts that were not intended!

AstaSyneri
04-24-2014, 05:07 AM
Anyway, I think best is to just your 1 year drafts on different accounts rather then squeeze out value from those 1 year drafts that were not intended!

But weren't different accounts excluded initially?

Kroan
04-24-2014, 05:14 AM
But weren't different accounts excluded initially?
They said they don't want people taking advantage of things like multiple VIP's for the same person. But who's to say the account is not for your brother/sister/mother/father/ect.
The downside is of course that you don't have all the stuff on the same account, and that might be a problem with some buffs. So it's really a choice you have to do by yourself.

mujrim
04-24-2014, 05:18 AM

Those are really two different things. They could start the timer on all of the free drafts as of yesterday, so it wouldn't matter when you enter the code, you only get drafts up until 52 weeks from yesterday. You just have to input the code within a certain time limit or miss out on them. That kind of limitation is used in many domains.

The timer could also start as you assert, which seems the most likely. However, I think people want to be sure and not just assume that. The post you point to really does not answer that aspect.

Kroan
04-24-2014, 05:20 AM
I'll eat my shirt if it's not like that basing me on the post I linked :P