PDA

View Full Version : Are we all playing on a single US/EU server now? Please help

Jacklau89
04-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Apologize if this question seems familiar but, before redeeming my Kickstarter reward codes I would very much like to know how the walled garden and server segregation system works.

First, how many servers are there currently? In case there are multiple servers, how can I tell which one I am joining and how do I switch (by changing my IP?) ?

Moreover, If there are only one big US/EU server now and I redeem my rewards codes/buy platinum (which I assume my cards and platinum are now restricted among US/EU server), what will happen if I switch/forced to switch server later? How does this whole things work?

This is an urgent question and I would very much like anyone, in particular Cryptozoic to clarify these questions as we are now purchasing with real money and there is no turing back. I am still downloading my beta client so apologize if the answer is obviously stated in game.

Thank you guys!:)

Shustro
04-24-2014, 05:33 AM
Same question. Any blue answers?

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 05:38 AM
Currently (I cannot confirm or deny anything though) we seem to be in a single server. I would assume that if you redeem now, your account will always be valid in the EU/US server (in fact, thanks to the mirroring of accounts, you should be able to play even without redeeming.)

An official response would obviously be more helpful.

parogui
04-24-2014, 10:56 AM
I need a clarification on this too, as I have two accounts for my brother and myself, but we live in different gardens and I'd like to know if I need to activate the second account from my region or he can activate it himself so we won't have any problems of trading compatibility.

Saeijou
04-24-2014, 03:17 PM
There is no possebility to chose a reagion... therefore i think there is just one server. we are how many? 10k people? no need for more than one server i think

edit: i'm in californien and could see my german friend :)

fido_one
04-24-2014, 03:25 PM
I think we're missing something - it's o.k. if everything is off of one server right now.

The walls come into major play when the AH and trading start - maybe that's one of the delays in having the AH implemented?

Mejis
04-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Not sure if this is helpful, but if you go to the \HEX\config file then see what the region says.
Mine says NORTH AMERICA (but then I would be anyway given I'm in Australia). I assume that's the same for everyone at this stage.

It doesn't tell us how many servers there are, but if you're in say Europe it'll at least let you know you're currently on the NA server.

DataDragon
04-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Server Map (http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/GlobalTournamentServer.jpg)

I believe this is still the current plan. US+EU are in the same space.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Server Map (http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/GlobalTournamentServer.jpg)

So are non-EU/US region players going to be relocated later, or will they just stay where their account was made? (Doesn't affect me, but I think some people really deserve to know as much as you can share.)

Jacklau89
04-24-2014, 07:22 PM

Thanks but could you also let us know how/when will multiple servers be implemented, as well as what will happen to our current collections (cards & platinum that we own) when we switch between servers?

Thank you to everyone that replied to this thread!:)

Saeijou
04-24-2014, 08:28 PM
yeah, that would be interesting!
currently i'm living in california, but i will return to germany in 1 or 2 years... i don't want, that i end at the "wrong" server

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 08:49 PM
yeah, that would be interesting!
currently i'm living in california, but i will return to germany in 1 or 2 years... i don't want, that i end at the "wrong" server

Both those places will share a garden regardless. You, good sir, are safe.

Shustro
04-24-2014, 09:50 PM

So are non-EU/US region players going to be relocated later, or will they just stay where their account was made? Oк we already separated with gardens???