PDA

View Full Version : Hand Of Uruunaz

Xenith
04-24-2014, 01:25 AM
On the rewards page it says that Knights and up get 2 Hand of Uruunaz cards. This seems to be unrelated to the Dragon's Blood starter which is a reward for Champions and up. Just what is this card? Was it spoiled previously somewhere?

Zomnivore
04-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Might just be a mistake, sounds like equipment to me.

Although I guess it could be a pve card

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 02:36 AM
My guess is that is the card from the rewards listed on the Kickstarter as Scourge Knight...or maybe a card replacing Scourge Knight. This is because that card isn't listed in the Hex Backer rewards page...also that is indeed a PvE card. Also it matches the tier rewards on the KS page as Scourge Knight.

Patrigan
04-24-2014, 02:49 AM
It's probably Scourge Knight with a name change.

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 06:30 AM

Yeah that's what I'm pretty sure of as well. They may of changed the troop type as well as the name, but the Hand of Uruunaz fits better for the lore this way...especially since both cards (if it is Scourge Knight) bring cards from the graveyard to put them into play (just in different ways.) That ad Scourge knight is clearly helping Uruunaz by giving you more of a variety of cards to put in play by making your opponent discard cards.

OP_Kyle
04-24-2014, 07:02 AM

This is correct.

Xenith
04-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the confirmation! I like the change. With Cory's blog post revealing that PVE design has progressed significantly, I'd wager Hand of Uruunaz was a part of one of these recent passes. Can't wait to see him and other Uruunaz minions in dungeons and raids.

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Also I noticed that the Summoner's Hauberk was on the list of equipment for it too, but I don't see Emblem of the Risen listed. Did Emblem of the Risen get replaced with a different equipment piece that does something else or just a name change?

HarbingerZero
04-24-2014, 11:47 AM
This is correct.

Wow. That is a terrible name change. We went from awesome to B-grade horror flick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manos:_The_Hands_of_Fate). Can someone talk a little bit about the behind the scenes on that decision?

Zomnivore
04-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Wow. That is a terrible name change. We went from awesome to B-grade horror flick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manos:_The_Hands_of_Fate). Can someone talk a little bit about the behind the scenes on that decision?

Probably to flesh out a faction in game without using new assets.

HarbingerZero
04-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Probably to flesh out a faction in game without using new assets.

Uruunaz Scourge Knight. Scourge Knight of Uruunaz. Etc. Done! And without a silly name change...

Daer
04-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Hand of Uruunaz is a sweet name. Haters gonna hate.

HarbingerZero
04-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Hand of Uruunaz is a sweet name. Haters gonna hate.

lol, yes, yes we are.