PDA

View Full Version : How to know that you get a full collection of a set

SamCube
04-24-2014, 01:40 AM
I think should be urgent to implement someway like a window or achievement, once you have a complete set. Or to see your card collection with the cards that you don't have in gray color, so you know which ones you need most, or how much do you need to collect.
It would be handy and a important feature for collectors like myself!

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 01:45 AM
I think should be urgent to implement someway like a window or achievement, once you have a complete set. Or to see your card collection with the cards that you don't have in gray color, so you know which ones you need most, or how much do you need to collect.

This is all planned functionality - it's just not available in the Card Manager right now. We know for sure they've already done some of the work for it already though.

SamCube
04-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Thanks Colin!
I'm just planning to complete set 1 as fast as possible! Cards! Cards! Rain of cards!

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 02:30 AM

There is even supposed to be a paper version of this to come out that they're planning on selling at card shops...best part is the value of the cost of it gets you that much in booster packs!

Patrigan
04-24-2014, 02:53 AM
There is even supposed to be a paper version of this to come out that they're planning on selling at card shops...best part is the value of the cost of it gets you that much in booster packs!

A paper version of what exactly?

jimmywolf
04-24-2014, 03:58 AM

A paper version of what exactly?

hmmm, not sure if am remembering right but he mit be talking about planed box set of booster or stater decks to sell in card shops, to help spread the word of hex. think one the items was a card checklist so you could see all the cards not sure.

Patrigan
04-24-2014, 04:06 AM
Actual printed cards? That would be kind of... Weird...

Where was this mentioned?

ExInferis
04-24-2014, 04:07 AM
Is there a complete card list so we at least can manage our collection manually?

//Blackhand

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Pretty sure Cory himself stated the cards will never be printed physically...ever.

Ravallian
04-24-2014, 04:58 AM
I think he said that he's thinking of a way to get card shop involve, this doesn't translate to actual physical cards though, maybe being able to buy Platinum over the counter with cash and then they may get a scratch card with code that will give the plat in game, or something like that., and also allowin shops to set up tourney I think.

Patrigan
04-24-2014, 05:09 AM
Is there a complete card list so we at least can manage our collection manually?

//Blackhand

Even though gamepedia is having some troubles today, you should be able to see the full list here:
http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Shards_of_Fate_(set)

Daer
04-24-2014, 06:56 AM
The physical thing YourOpponent was talking about was mentioned by Cory here https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G9TsHWtT2-w#t=2689

It was a small box with a Manual with a full-size print of every card in it and lists the equipment for each card and a checklist, and codes for some packs, an alternative art card, and an exclusive merc.

While the server is down you should watch the whole interview if you haven't, it's great.

RoaRawR
04-24-2014, 07:59 AM
It is said many times there will never be any real printed cards

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 08:15 AM
It has been said many times hex will never be playable on paper. Having collectible card prints may still happen.

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Having collectible card prints may still happen.

Madness to let the potential revenue stream go untapped too. Not a priority at the moment, but I could definitely see it happening. Also, presumably it couldn't possibly annoy anyone that CZE was trying to make money that way since it would have zero impact on progression in-game. Although, I'm sure someone will surprise me... ;)

Daer
04-24-2014, 08:30 AM
I still want a giant card poster like the one we saw in a picture of the CZE offices.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Kami or Yoss, or someone else with OCD-esque symptoms. Share me a copy of the excel sheet you made with every card for tracking purposes, thanks. =)

this comment belonged here, not where it was originally posted. My bad.

Daer
04-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Yeah if someone has a checklist document made up it would be appreciated :)

Patrigan
04-24-2014, 11:03 AM
When the wiki is back up, I should be able to quickly create an excel file, since all cards are in there and I know how I can generate a table with them :)

Yoss
04-24-2014, 11:07 AM
When the wiki is back up, I should be able to quickly create an excel file, since all cards are in there and I know how I can generate a table with them :)

That would be sweet. Thanks!

Sergan
04-24-2014, 11:14 AM

please..!!

Ertzi
04-24-2014, 11:23 AM
OCD completionist collectors (which I am myself) are on the case :D I love it. By the way, do you guys only consider having a full set when you have 4 of each card, or do you only mean to get one of each? I am definitely going for the whole set every time, but I'm not sure how deep I should go. Is 4 of each the normal method that everyone goes for?

TJTaylor
04-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Full set is 1 of each. Play set is 4 of each.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 11:25 AM
A full play set is 4 of each. But I want at least 8 of each. 4 to play, and 4 to leave pristine.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 11:28 AM
A full play set is 4 of each. But I want at least 8 of each. 4 to play, and 4 to leave pristine.

Thats ambitious! Whats your policy on AA cards? (I personally will do whatever I can to get my hands on the kickstarter AA and Promo's, and play the crap out of all of them.)

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 11:41 AM
I'll have more than 8 of all of the KS exclusive cards, including the collector AA's.

Ertzi
04-24-2014, 11:42 AM

Can you explain why you would want to leave 4 cards pristine in a digital game? Is there some value to it, or do you just want to do it for yourself for nostalgic reasons or something? And thanks to all for clearing up the terms. I never needed to collect full (play) sets before HEX, so I was not sure how to approach it :) I think I will go for the 4 of each then, if the legendaries and uniques won't bankrupt me.

By the way, is there a marketplace website already, or how are we going to efficiently chase the missing cards and trade for them?

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Mainly on the off chance that a clear doubleback ends up being valuable.

Yoss
04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
There are preorders available at hextcgpro.com but the most typical way to transact will be the in-client auction house once it is available.

TJTaylor
04-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Personally, I'll be happy if I can get a single copy of AAs and Promos just for collecting reasons, unless there ends up being a promo card that is not available elsewhere in a set such as Princess Cory.

Everything else, I'm with Gwaer. 8 copies. 4 for personal play, 4 untouched to save for the future to either sell a decade from now or just to sit all shiny and new in my collection window.

**edit - actually, I don't know what I was thinking. By their very nature, promos are not available elsewhere so I guess I will want 8 of those too. :P

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 11:50 AM
I'll have more than 8 of all of the KS exclusive cards, including the collector AA's.

More than 8? Any of those PvE Promos for sale? I am willing to haggle a fair price, if you are up for it. I would love to get in on the Collector AA too, but I can live without it (not the PvE cards though.)

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 12:09 PM
I have a group of people that I hope to work very closely with in the future. Gotta see how they're doing before I sell anything.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 12:11 PM
I have a group of people that I hope to work very closely with in the future. Gotta see how they're doing before I sell anything.

Understood, and not unexpected. Would be a pleasant surprise if things changed and you shot me a PM, so keep me in mind if things go that way. :)

Ertzi
04-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Same here by the way, I would be willing to buy any and all KS exclusive stuff I can get my hands on with real money. Or in-game stuff of course. I am still sore about missing the main KS campaign. I need all the goodies.

Patrigan
04-25-2014, 07:23 AM
I quickly whipped up the following file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuj17n4zwgo2odc/Checklist_Set1.xlsx

I'm planning to add some more stuff, like simple calculations to the right (how many of each rarity, how many playsets you're missing and son on)

Hope this is sufficient.

Daer
04-25-2014, 07:28 AM
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Sergan
04-25-2014, 08:07 AM
thanks Patrigan..

Ertzi
04-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Wow, thanks a bunch. This will be a huge help ^^

Gwaer
04-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Thanks much, this is great. Let me know if you create a new version.

Yoss
04-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Wonderful!

pheedsta
04-27-2014, 07:55 PM
I have just started a new thread re: a collection app I will be working on. Let me know if this would interest anyone.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35060

Rhun

Kroan
04-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Here is a Google Docs Checklist I made for anyone intrested. It also shows how many of each rarity you still miss and has filters in the detail tab.

https://t.co/o9Zfgzh7Kq