PDA

View Full Version : Keep naming conventions

nickon
04-24-2014, 03:02 AM
From the Beta primer:

The only exception to keeping your old name is if your name does not fit the current naming convention requirements.

Can someone clarify what the "current" naming convention requirements are? My current keepname contains spaces and if this is not allowed anymore according to those new conventions, I would need to come up with a new keepname...

Silent
04-24-2014, 03:37 AM
Spaces were never allowed really. Somehow it was possible to use them in the beginning though. Thats how I recall it.

Ali3nSan
04-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Mine has a space... Guess I will see if I have to change it when I login. Just remove the Space I guess :) Unless someone else has a spaceless version of my name :(

AstaSyneri
04-24-2014, 04:49 AM
Same thing here - it worked fine in Alpha, and of course it's a shame that it is different now.

What I find more difficult, though, is that suddenly it's a family name and not a keep name? How will it be used? Will an apostrophe be allowed?

Is "o'myOldeKeepName" allowed? Will that make sense within the framework later in the game, or will this string appear as

"This is MyPlayerName of the great and illustrious family of o'myOldeKeepName"?

Questions, questions. ;-)

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 06:13 AM
Well I think it was reading for me in battles last night as Lord Bacon (Bacon being the family name) Since you can't use spaces anymore in family name try instead capitalizing letters LikeThis to get your name across :)

Rapkannibale
04-24-2014, 07:05 AM
My theory is that the change from Keep Name to Family Name was because a lot of people (not sure if most) wanted to use their regular internet pseudonyms and most of them donīt really fit as a Keep Name. For example I usually go by Rapkannibale and that is not really a good keep name. So now Rapkannibale would be my family name which I guess makes more sense since that is what you are identified with in chat, etc.

I do hope it doesnīt mean the whole "Keep" feature has been cut.

nickon
04-24-2014, 07:19 AM
Ok guys, thanks already for this info, makes sense :) When I get back from work I'm going to get into closed beta and change my keepname then. During alpha I reserved a name that was tailored to the whole keep thingy rather than reserving my internet nickname. Good thing this is still closed beta and we have some kind of headstart before everyone is rushing in and throwing all their money at HEX :D

LexC
04-24-2014, 09:46 AM
So, family name is the name that everyone going to see me as in chat and on the battlefield? I thought I understood it already... Confused again...

Daer
04-24-2014, 09:48 AM
So, family name is the name that everyone going to see me as in chat and on the battlefield? I thought I understood it already... Confused again...

Yes. Just like Keep name was the name everyone saw in chat and on the battlefield.

LexC
04-24-2014, 09:51 AM
When do we choose Keep name and when do we choose Family name? I'm so going to mess this up... >_>

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
I do hope it doesnīt mean the whole "Keep" feature has been cut.

It hasn't been. I am fairly sure one of the new articles specifically mentioned keep defence being a thing in the future.

Daer
04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
When do we choose Keep name and when do we choose Family name? I'm so going to mess this up... >_>

They are the same thing, Keep Name was changed to Family Name. You choose it (or confirm/change it if you made one in alpha) when you first log into the beta. You also choose your free starter deck on the same screen.

LexC
04-24-2014, 10:42 AM
They are the same thing, Keep Name was changed to Family Name. You choose it (or confirm/change it if you made one in alpha) when you first log into the beta. You also choose your free starter deck on the same screen.

Cool beans, thank you :)

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes. Just like Keep name was the name everyone saw in chat and on the battlefield.

Well actually the old system had a Keep name and a different name for the battlefield. For example Chill's keep name was Chill, but in the battlefield it started with an S before. Also my keep name used to be Loading but on the battlefield I was Bacon.

It seems like they scrapped the two name idea for pvp and went with one name in pvp. As for whether or not there is still a 2nd name that can be used in PvE...that remains to be seen.