PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: Angel of Dawn outdated?

Tinfoil
04-24-2014, 04:22 AM
Quote from the FAQ:

• Some cards say to play a card “for free.” To play a card for free is to play it without paying its
cost and ignoring its threshold requirements.
o Such cards are still added to the chain, where they wait to resolve.

AoD does not ignore threshold requirements and if I remember correctly it does'nt go on the chain.

LLCoolDave
04-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Angel of Dawn might very well disregard threshold requirements when played for free, but you still need one diamond threshold for the ability to trigger so it makes no practical difference. The card not using the chain was a known issue in the latest alpha build.

incitfulmonk21
04-24-2014, 04:37 AM
Ignore me I can't read. It is late.

Tinfoil
04-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Angel of Dawn might very well disregard threshold requirements when played for free, but you still need one diamond threshold for the ability to trigger so it makes no practical difference. The card not using the chain was a known issue in the latest alpha build.

ok, strange to separate them like that, but perhaps it will mean something in the future.

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 06:18 AM
ok, strange to separate them like that, but perhaps it will mean something in the future.

Maybe they separated that way after multiple testing to prevent things such as people having Angel of Dawn in a deck without any diamond shards in it. Or they could of also done it that way after multiple testing to prevent your opponent from having a turn 1 Angel of Dawn in play...turn 2 a 4/4 is more reasonable and gives people more of a chance to counter it.

Disordia
04-24-2014, 06:45 AM
It makes no difference for Angel because the miracle threshold cost is the same as the normal threshold cost. Every miracle card probably won't be like that. With this, a card could have a triple ruby threshold but miracle for a single ruby, or a card with blood ruby threshold but miracle for blood.

EDIT: This also affects cards like eye of creation style cards. If it said play for free, you could reveal cards like the Kraken or Ozawa in a mono wild deck and be able to play them.