PDA

View Full Version : Auction House outside of the client?

Lyckan
04-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Are there any plans on accessing the auction house and inventory outside of the client?
It would be lovely to be able to do some trading on computers where I am not able to install a game client (i.e. work)

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 05:56 AM
We have heard nothing about this, but it would be a nice feature.

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 07:08 AM
I know nothing for sure, but it's my expectation that the "big plans" for hextcg.com involve being able to see the AH and your inventory/decks outside of the game.

Ravenclaw
04-24-2014, 07:56 AM
I know nothing for sure, but it's my expectation that the "big plans" for hextcg.com involve being able to see the AH and your inventory/decks outside of the game.

That would be awesome! :)

Kroan
04-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Let the botwars commence then!

Kami
04-24-2014, 08:06 AM
Let the botwars commence then!

I hope not. It'd be almost as bad as dedicated programs for eBay sniping.

Kroan
04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
I hope not. It'd be almost as bad as dedicated programs for eBay sniping.
If there is a online auction house through a webbrowser, you can bet your <insert something valuable here> that there will be bots programmed to snipe away stuff

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Kami or Yoss, or someone else with OCD-esque symptoms. Share me a copy of the excel sheet you made with every card for tracking purposes, thanks. =)

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 08:14 AM
If there is a online auction house through a webbrowser, you can bet your <insert something valuable here> that there will be bots programmed to snipe away stuff

There are ways to counter that.

Yoss
04-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Kami or Yoss, or someone else with OCD-esque symptoms. Share me a copy of the excel sheet you made with every card for tracking purposes, thanks. =)

Haha! I haven't made one yet. I'm hoping CZE gets the 3rd party API system going sooner rather than later so that some nice programmer can help us all out with such mundane tasks.

Kroan
04-24-2014, 09:29 AM
There are ways to counter that.
I'm pretty sure that there are no good ways to counter it ;) Worse comes to worse you can just make a bot that makes clicks in the browser. Then again you could most likely make such a bot already on any client. But the browser is just an easier interace to do stuff in.

You could implement a captcha when buying something, but that would only result in the bot needing a human if it found a card that is worth buying to input the captcha. I guess it kinda makes bots less effective, but still a lot more effective than any player.

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 09:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that there are no good ways to counter it ;) Worse comes to worse you can just make a bot that makes clicks in the browser. Then again you could most likely make such a bot already on any client. But the browser is just an easier interace to do stuff in.

You could implement a captcha when buying something, but that would only result in the bot needing a human if it found a card that is worth buying to input the captcha. I guess it kinda makes bots less effective, but still a lot more effective than any player.

Lots of things you can do, including setting limits on a given device/IP ability to request web pages. You run the risk of false positives (someone like me manually spending a LOT of time quickly clicking around in the AH), but there are ways to resolve that too.

Kroan
04-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Using a proxy to use a different IP with every request (or every 10th, or whatever) is one of the easier things to work around. In any case, we'll see once we get there. They can always just say that if they find out you're botting, you'll get banned. Most likely the easiest solution.

Saeijou
04-24-2014, 10:10 AM
Captchas are solved... there are programs out there which solve the google captures in 99.8% of the cases.
But hopefully there will be new solutions soon :)

Niedar
04-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Even if a program could not solve a captcha, there are services you can use that pay people in poor countries to solve them for you. Something like 1 dollar per 1k captcha solved.

Gwaer
04-27-2014, 05:27 PM
There was a virus that was going around before captchas were solved, all it did was add extraneous captchas to pretty much everything you did, which were just images of legit captchas, that leveraged everyone with the virus to break, so that bots could make accounts and whatnot. Very silly stuff.