PDA

View Full Version : Can we hold off on cashing in our KS code[s]?

fido_one
04-24-2014, 06:10 AM
Hey all,

If this was answered, I missed it. What's the status of waiting a period of time before redeeming a KS code? How does it affect VIP or other timed elements?

For example: Say you got a Dungeon Crawler reward but don't cash it in for 6 months - does the 'year of free draft' start when you cash it in or did it start when you got the code? I'd vote for 'when you cash it in' as something like Dungeon Crawler isn't terribly relevant right now and those players may be putting in more time when the PvE comes online.

I know this has been discussed before, though I can't figure out if CZE responded on the matter.

Kami
04-24-2014, 06:18 AM
Shaqattaq (Will) has stated that the draft codes will definitely expire but they will give all of us a heads-up before they do.

The other codes may expire but we're awaiting clarification at the moment.

panzer
04-24-2014, 06:18 AM
I need to know this as well.

fido_one
04-24-2014, 06:22 AM
Shaqattaq (Will) has stated that the draft codes will definitely expire but they will give all of us a heads-up before they do.

The other codes may expire but we're awaiting clarification at the moment.

Kami - thanks. Sorry to get so granular, but did Will clarify that once we redeem the codes (say 3 months from now, before CZE says they expire) that the timer will start at redemption for the year?

Kami
04-24-2014, 06:25 AM
Kami - thanks. Sorry to get so granular, but did Will clarify that once we redeem the codes (say 3 months from now, before CZE says they expire) that the timer will start at redemption for the year?

This part has not been clarified. We're hoping for an answer still. I think there's one or two threads asking about it currently.

fido_one
04-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Right, so the beta is awesome, but in the same vein, got another question:

For the guildmaster 'special guild code' for 30 packs - I do remember Cory being asked and implied these will be set 1 regardless of when you cash them in...

...but I hope CZE doesn't put a timer on when these expire - I really want to be able to give these as an unsuspecting gift to someone years from now when they don't expect it.

Also on this, when these 30 packs are cashed in, do they hit your stash as a coupon or as 30 extra set one packs (if it's the former, than all my anxiety of cashing in the code goes away).

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 02:18 PM
it's 30 packs, but you can just buy 30 packs for guildmates as a surprise later =P

fido_one
04-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Gwaer,

You're right, though there is just a certain allure to sending a redeem code and them not knowing what it is until they cash it in... I'll wait for an answer on this and if I do have to just give them 30 set one packs, that's still more-than-acceptable...

Kami
04-24-2014, 02:33 PM
it's 30 packs, but you can just buy 30 packs for guildmates as a surprise later =P

If I understand correctly, because all packs of a chance of becoming a Primal pack when they are generated (i.e. when the code(s) are redeemed), it's not as straightforward as that.

By giving someone a code, they might get lucky as opposed to relying on your good grace, heh.

fido_one
04-24-2014, 06:28 PM
If I understand correctly, because all packs of a chance of becoming a Primal pack when they are generated (i.e. when the code(s) are redeemed), it's not as straightforward as that.

By giving someone a code, they might get lucky as opposed to relying on your good grace, heh.

Good point, so I'm very curious / hopeful that they let me keep these codes for years before trading them in. I want some distance before I surprise the person/people in question.

As to my original question, this was just posted in a beta topic of the same: http://i.imgur.com/CduQVNX.png

That came from Gorgol in this post by the way: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34729&page=3&p=356130&viewfull=1#post356130

So not as official as a forum confirmation, but a good start. Next question will be does CZE have any insight on when they think they will pull this code from working? I would assume it won't be until after release as some (albeit few) will have little interest in the game until it's fully cooked.