PDA

View Full Version : stuck on downloading filelist

Soldack
04-24-2014, 06:13 AM
Am I stuck on downloading filelist because the servers are down for maintenance?

Asked another way, can the beta client be downloaded during maintenance?

MDRockstar
04-24-2014, 06:24 AM
[QUOTE=Soldack;355331]Am I stuck on downloading filelist because the servers are down for maintenance?

Nervermind.

Soldack
04-24-2014, 06:29 AM
Will's post about maintenance says
: "You can continue to download the game while our servers are offline." but I can't get past the 0% downloading filelist

Bargle
04-24-2014, 07:09 AM
I'm in the same boat. I was downloading, then my comp blue-screened (need to RMA this stupid video card...), and now I'm stuck on downloading filelist.

Soldack
04-24-2014, 08:58 AM
filelist.txt seems to be the fist file and it just sits there doing nothing. I even tried running it as administrator

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Try deleting the flielist. If that doesn't work, it is probably easiest to just reinstall the whole thing. Servers aren't up yet anyway, so you have time.

Niedar
04-24-2014, 11:16 AM
You have to install Hex into a new directory, I don't currently know any other way to fix the problem right now. Even tried manually deleting some registry entries and still didn't work until I installed to a new location.

I just used "Hex Beta" instead of "Hex"

Soldack
04-24-2014, 02:46 PM
you have to install hex into a new directory, i don't currently know any other way to fix the problem right now. Even tried manually deleting some registry entries and still didn't work until i installed to a new location.

I just used "hex beta" instead of "hex"

omg thank you!!!!! Creating a new directory fixed it.

darkfoxdx
04-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Hey guys, I need help. I'm still getting this problem. I'm using Windows 8 and I have tried creating a new directory, reinstalling and turning off my anti-virus and firewall. None of it is working. I managed to install it on my brother's Windows 7 machine however.I have even tried copying a complete download from my brother's computer as well and that didn't work because it tries to redownload the filelist.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I should do?

dwebber88
04-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey guys, I need help. I'm still getting this problem. I'm using Windows 8 and I have tried creating a new directory, reinstalling and turning off my anti-virus and firewall. None of it is working. I managed to install it on my brother's Windows 7 machine however.I have even tried copying a complete download from my brother's computer as well and that didn't work because it tries to redownload the filelist.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I should do?

Can you try running both hexpatch.exe and hex.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and Windows XP SP2, and report back?

darkfoxdx
04-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Tried that as well to no avail. I will try hex.exe when I grab it from the other computer later in the day, but trying it on hexpatch.exe doesn't seem to work.

Edit: Do you think maybe there's a registry that didn't get cleared?

YuukiRus
04-29-2014, 05:06 AM
Retrying(9): filelist.txt. That's all I've seen for hours now

Phoenixfire
04-29-2014, 05:12 AM
same issue im having.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 05:16 AM
Retrying(9): filelist.txt. That's all I've seen for hours now

Someone else recently had this problem - they had no luck when adding Hex to the firewall, but disabling all their protection while downloading did work, so try disabling all your firewalls etc to check. This includes windows defender and all the major antivirus software.

I understand that it can troubling to disable your protection, but it may be the only reliable workaround. If it works for you, please report back.

DuroNL
04-29-2014, 05:21 AM
Someone else recently had this problem - they had no luck when adding Hex to the firewall, but disabling all their protection while downloading did work, so try disabling all your firewalls etc to check. This includes windows defender and all the major antivirus software.

I understand that it can troubling to disable your protection, but it may be the only reliable workaround. If it works for you, please report back.

i think this problem atm is server side, since more people experience this, see: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35113

Also, i downloaded the patch 30-40 minutes ago and could launch the client

Ps. Not saying its always server side, and that this problem normally would not exist :P, just atm

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 05:23 AM
Thats a good point, I had assumed the servers were back up already. If this problem persists once the servers are done patching, then try my method, but otherwise, disregard.

Thanks Duro.

DuroNL
04-29-2014, 05:43 AM
Sure, yw :)

for me its patching again, so i think server side issue with that is no longer here...

Also patch notes are out so im guessing it all looks good, still patchinh so not sure if servers are back completely

ryuukan
04-29-2014, 06:17 AM
Very disappointing to see the mac client is just an unsupported afterthought :(

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Very disappointing to see the mac client is just an unsupported afterthought :(

The servers aren't up yet, they are likely busy dealing with some issues before uploading the Mac patch. I bet that windows users will need to re-patch at this rate.

darkfoxdx
04-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately, mine isn't server side. I have disabled both Avast and my firewall and it says my Windows Defender isn't switched on.