PDA

View Full Version : [Kickstarters Backers:] Will we have a beta key to give to a friend?

TimeZero
04-24-2014, 07:09 AM
As the title says, I think it would be great to have a beta to give to a friend. It could include 1 free starter and like 5-10 boosters.

I have some friends who didn't know about the kickstarters and/or weren't sure to pledge at the time, but after showing them the game (even if it was alpha) they wanna play it. Even if it's only 1 beta key, it would be a good way to get at least 1 friend involved with us. :)

Thoughts?

nickon
04-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Isn't that what slacker backer was for? ;)

Svenn
04-24-2014, 07:40 AM
I'd like it if they gave some free beta keys for friends at some point... but it should really only include the free starter.

Lolzgreekmyth
04-24-2014, 07:45 AM
I think just the free starter would be nice. Beyond that, i believe CZE would lose money. They make their money mainly by us buying packs.

Kroan
04-24-2014, 07:50 AM
If they want to play, let them sign up for a beta account just like everyone else who didn't play and YOU can give them boosters if they are in the beta ;)

Rendakor
04-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Guild masters got 3 codes to give a friend 30 packs; giving everyone the ability to give friends packs would devalue that. I'm all for friend invites that just give a free starter though.

nickon
04-24-2014, 08:08 AM
I have to agree that it would be a great way to promote the upcoming open beta and get even more people excited.

Kami
04-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Guild masters got 3 codes to give a friend 30 packs; giving everyone the ability to give friends packs would devalue that. I'm all for friend invites that just give a free starter though.

This actually makes me wonder how you're supposed to give these codes to someone for redemption if they don't have an account.

Unless they expect us to claim it on our own accounts then give the 30 packs manually to your friend when they do have an account?

Selix
04-24-2014, 08:16 AM
This actually makes me wonder how you're supposed to give these codes to someone for redemption if they don't have an account.

Unless they expect us to claim it on our own accounts then give the 30 packs manually to your friend when they do have an account?
Yes

Kroan
04-24-2014, 08:16 AM
You can save the codes until they get in the beta. Or maybe you even have friends in the beta that you can give them to. Or you can just redeem them yourself, like the selfish man I am :P

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Yeah I think the system is to sign up for a chance at a closed Beta...I'd really like it too if it was possible to send even 1 friend a Beta Key as long as you were a KickStarter though...even if they only got a starter deck. That would at least let one of my two friends that couldn't back it due to being unemployed during Slacker Backer and not knowing about the game before then.

dwebber88
04-24-2014, 08:25 AM
I'd like it if they gave some free beta keys for friends at some point... but it should really only include the free starter.

This.

I agree :)

Kami
04-24-2014, 08:29 AM
You can save the codes until they get in the beta. Or maybe you even have friends in the beta that you can give them to. Or you can just redeem them yourself, like the selfish man I am :P

Made me laugh. :)

Yeah I think the system is to sign up for a chance at a closed Beta...I'd really like it too if it was possible to send even 1 friend a Beta Key as long as you were a KickStarter though...even if they only got a starter deck. That would at least let one of my two friends that couldn't back it due to being unemployed during Slacker Backer and not knowing about the game before then.

Yeah, I understand your sentiments. I have a few friends who missed out on the KS due to funds and didn't want to Slacker Back, deciding to wait instead.

TimeZero
04-24-2014, 08:51 AM

My friends were in similar situations and decided to wait. Even if it only include a starter deck, it would be a good opportunity to promote the game via the cheapest marketing strategy: mouth to ear

In my opinion, it should include around 5 boosters to give some customization options and see if you like the game before spending money...this game is supposed to be free to play after all. Only a starter isn't enough to judge a card game. When I tried a game, I bought 2 starters and a booster box to see how deep the game was with deckbuilding and strategies. I know people will not usually buy that much when trying a new card game, but part of the fun is building a deck, even if it means only changing around 5 cards of the initial starter deck.