PDA

View Full Version : How to change name?

Fred
04-24-2014, 08:02 AM
When I picked my Alpha name, I picked a Keep Name, expecting my characters to be called Whoever of KeepName. Now that they changed it to "Family name", my current name doesn't make sense at all, as I suppose the characters will now be called Whoever KeepName, without the "of" in between. How may I change it so that my name properly reflects the actual meaning it is supposed to have in-game?

nickon
04-24-2014, 08:06 AM
The Beta primer is stating it's the first thing you can do when you get into closed beta:

Ok, Iím In the Game. Now What?
First, youíll be asked if you want to change or create a Family Name, which is your name displayed within the game. If you played in alpha, you will have the choice to either keep your old name, or update your name. The only exception to keeping your old name is if your name does not fit the current naming convention requirements. If you did not play in alpha, youíll have to create your name.

So just login to closed beta and change your name if you desire to do so. If you already did that and missed or skipped that step, I suggest you create a support ticket at http://support.hextcg.com/.

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Yeah when you first log into the beta it asks two things at once "Are you a Lord or a Lady" and for your family name. So I went with Bacon and in the battle part I think it read it as Lord Bacon...don't quote me on that because I was really sleep deprived and of course Bacon was used for the chat name since it's the family name.

I'm sure you will still get to use first names though for PvE from champs so it will be possible to be read as Slayer of Bacon....just not that way for the PvP champions.