PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on "Loading Data"

Lens
04-24-2014, 09:11 AM
When I first attempt to log-in, it says that the attempt failed. Clicking on the log-in button a second time (without changing the password) succeeds.

The "Loading Data" bar displays progress, the progress slows and by the time it reaches the end of the bar, it's going very slowly. The entire progress takes perhaps two minutes.

Once the "Loading Data" bar is full, it sits there, stuck.

It is continuing to do something as the task manager shows that the Hex.exe is using a few percent of CPU time, but it never finished Loading Data.

-Lens

UndeadAreGo
04-24-2014, 09:31 AM
My loading screen hangs too, although my bar takes about 7-10 minutes to fill. The music and backgrounds are still running. Likewise, I also get the "Login Failed" message on some attempts.

Mesquite
04-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Same as Undead. About 7-10 minutes to fill, sometimes a quick "login failed", once it completes it just stays there forever. I used the Alpha client successfully many times. I uninstalled the alpha client but did install the beta client to the same location.

I also checked the main hextcg.com web site and my password is working.

Edit: Repair Install finishes quickly and finds nothing to repair.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 09:37 AM
The servers have been down for the last 11 and a half hours for maintenence. Should be back up soon. A simple search would have told you this - almost every time logins fail, it means the server is down.

Daer
04-24-2014, 09:37 AM
The server is down, has been down for the last 11 hours, and will continue to be down for at least the next 80 minutes.

Mesquite
04-24-2014, 09:41 AM
The updated maintenance post stated a time that was 1 hour 40 minutes ago (did not see any update), there is no client-side way to see if the server is down, and there are many posts by people recently (within the last 20 minutes) about in-game activities (which made me think servers were up). A simple search would have told you this.

Daer
04-24-2014, 09:43 AM
The maintenance post (like every other time ever used by CZE) is using PST.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 09:50 AM
The updated maintenance post stated a time that was 1 hour 40 minutes ago (did not see any update), there is no client-side way to see if the server is down, and there are many posts by people recently (within the last 20 minutes) about in-game activities (which made me think servers were up). A simple search would have told you this.

If the servers were up, a dev would explicitly say it in a very obvious place (as well as on twitter.) If such an announcement hasn't been made, then the circumstances likely haven't changed.

And the original ETA was actually meant to be ten minutes from now.

Mahes
04-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Servers are down until 4 PM EST or 1PM PST. It was updated.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Servers are down until 4 PM EST or 1PM PST. It was updated.

At least they updated us in a timely manner.

Lens
04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Well the servers are up and I am still having this exact same problem.

Perhaps I should wait for the servers to come up more?

Lens
04-24-2014, 03:43 PM
So I uninstalled.

I deleted all the game files left over.

I took off and nuked the entire install from orbit (it was the only way to be sure).

I re-installed.

All is now well. Anyone still having the "eternally loading data" problem who hasn't tried those steps should give it a shot.

-Lens