PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Turn Around For Changing Account Emails?

jaxsonbatemanhex
04-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi there folks,

Not trying to be impatient, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what the turn around on an account email being changed is? Also, has anyone had the experience of using a code on an account they intend to have changed, then having it changed, and did all your stuff remain?

I'm a keen bean to log in and start getting my loot as soon as the server comes online, but as the main email I want to log in with needs to be swapped-to, I'm a bit concerned about putting any codes on without knowing before hand that my rewards will be safe.

Cheers,

Jax

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Generally running 48 hours or less. Could be longer given the deluge of support requests as a result of Beta going live...

TheFallen
04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm on the same stage, hope Gameforge solve those issues soon....

jaxsonbatemanhex
04-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Cheers Colin. :-) Any idea if anything we apply to an account (ie. promo codes, and the loot we get from them) would be safe if done before a login-change? I'd imagine so, but I'd hate to find out I was wrong after doing it.

Marsden
04-24-2014, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure support can actually read and understand basic English.

I asked them to change 3 account names. Just got an email for one, but if I enter the new email in the website form to reset password it says "Failure issuing reset", if I use the old email it says it's sent a reset (although it's one of the invalid emails so of course it won't actually get to me.)

Kroan
04-24-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm pretty sure they're a bit busy with other stuff right now :P I want to use my keepname of my second account as well but want it eventually to be bind to my main mail. I'll just login on my second email tonight and get my stuff. I'm pretty sure they can change an email pretty easy at some point.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 10:04 AM
I'd love just being able to set user names rather than making them email addresses. =\

Marsden
04-24-2014, 10:04 AM
For me it's changes so I can pass accounts and codes out to other people, my personal account is already good and ready to go. (Well, you know, when the servers are up it is.)

I'd love just being able to set user names rather than making them email addresses. =\

Oh yes. It's actually very insecure to have email address the same as login name. It means there's only one thing for an attacker to guess (password) instead of two (login+password).

jaxsonbatemanhex
04-24-2014, 10:13 AM
I can live without my alpha keep name (and I read in another post that you now require more than 3 characters in the keep name, which means 'Jax' is out anyway :-P), but yeah, would hate to chuck my tiers + one of my year-of-drafts onto my x1@email.com login, have it changed to x@email.com, and then somehow lose any of it in the process. I mean, I doubt that would happen, but if someone's done it and come through clean that'd make me feel safe about, y'know, delighting in my goods as soon as the server is up. ^^

Daer
04-24-2014, 10:16 AM
I sent a request to change one of my account emails 12 hours ago and got a response two hours ago asking for more info, just sent my response.

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Cheers Colin. :-) Any idea if anything we apply to an account (ie. promo codes, and the loot we get from them) would be safe if done before a login-change? I'd imagine so, but I'd hate to find out I was wrong after doing it.

I wouldn't expect that you'd have any issues. I've no doubt the CZE guys would sort it out if you did anyway.

Svenn
04-24-2014, 10:37 AM
It has been over a week for me with no sign of it happening. I have 2 more email changes to worry about after this one too.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 10:39 AM
It has been over a week for me with no sign of it happening. I have 2 more email changes to worry about after this one too.

Did you try messaging them on twitter? They have been swamped (obviously) but a lot of bugs/account issues were brought up on twitter, and the devs were able to get onto those pretty quick, regardless of everything else.

Svenn
04-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Did you try messaging them on twitter? They have been swamped (obviously) but a lot of bugs/account issues were brought up on twitter, and the devs were able to get onto those pretty quick, regardless of everything else.

I messaged them about one my accounts not having access and that got fixed fast. They said to submit a support ticket for email changes though.

Hibbert
04-24-2014, 10:53 AM
FWIW, I sent in a ticket to change my email3 login to my "main" login and to change another login to another email address entirely this morning. It was taken care of in less than 3 hours.

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 10:54 AM
I messaged them about one my accounts not having access and that got fixed fast. They said to submit a support ticket for email changes though.

I'm sure there was a bit of a moratorium on changes as they took down Alpha/brought up Beta. They'll catch up soon.

Marsden
04-24-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure support can actually read and understand basic English.

Now the server is up I can sadly confirm that's the case. They're clueless and failed to do what they were asked.

Svenn
04-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Now the server is up I can sadly confirm that's the case. They're clueless and failed to do what they were asked.
The little interaction I've had with the support through gameforge makes me not have much faith in them. On the other hand, the actual Crypto/Hex team is excellent at resolving issues once they are involved. I'm not convinced my account changes are going to happen/happen right unless Crypto jumps in to fix it.

Svenn
04-24-2014, 01:20 PM
I just got a response to my ticket:
"Please excuse the delay.
Right now we have some technical issues changing email addresses, so this might take another 12h. As soon as this is done, we'll let you know. "

Marsden
04-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Ah, thanks for letting me know. Fingers crossed that's the problem then....

Marsden
04-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Wow.... my secondary email address is too short according to support:

It appears we're encountering some technical issues with the email address provided. Do you have another email address we could use in this situation? If the length of the email could be slightly longer, this would greatly assist us, thank you.

:p

Daer
04-25-2014, 08:45 AM
I sent a request to change one of my account emails 12 hours ago and got a response two hours ago asking for more info, just sent my response.

My ticket was bumped up to the next support level about 20 minutes ago.

Svenn
04-25-2014, 09:40 AM
My ticket was bumped up to the next support level about 20 minutes ago.

Good luck. Let us know if it works. So far it seems like they are closing tickets as completed email change without actually changing the emails.

Marsden
04-29-2014, 07:02 AM
Just got a ticket update:

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting HEX Customer Support.
Due to some technical issues, we’re currently unable to change the email addresses linked to an account. Our technical team is aware of the issue and we’re working on getting this resolved shortly. We apologize for the delay in this change and we’ll contact you again through this ticket as soon as we have been able to change your address.

Your ticket has been left open and we’ll only close your case once it has been completed.

If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to open a new ticket.

Best regards,
Koop
HEX Support Team

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 07:13 AM
All my tickets have been addressed. One issue was solved ahead of time, the other is going to be resolved in the future in a single wave.

Completely satisfied with the service (when it was available.)

Kami
04-29-2014, 07:40 AM

Hello ,

Due to some technical issues, we’re currently unable to change the email addresses linked to an account. Our technical team is aware of the issue and we’re working on getting this resolved shortly. We apologize for the delay in this change and we’ll contact you again through this ticket as soon as we have been able to change your address.

Your ticket has been left open and we’ll only close your case once it has been completed.

If you require any further assistance, or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to open a new ticket.

Best regards,
Koop
HEX Support Team

I just got this same message a little while ago. So it seems like I'll still be waiting for a while before I redeem any codes. In the meantime, Shin'hare Onslaught deck'ho! (Very low chance of winning against majority of decks but the artwork is just so <3)

Svenn
04-29-2014, 08:11 AM
I just got this same message a little while ago. So it seems like I'll still be waiting for a while before I redeem any codes. In the meantime, Shin'hare Onslaught deck'ho! (Very low chance of winning against majority of decks but the artwork is just so <3)

Are we not supposed to redeem before an email change? I've redeemed on 2 of my 3 accounts and all 3 of them need an email change...

Kami
04-29-2014, 08:26 AM
Are we not supposed to redeem before an email change? I've redeemed on 2 of my 3 accounts and all 3 of them need an email change...

My understanding is that you can do it either way.

I didn't want to redeem mine until I got it sorted just to avoid complications but either way, if there's an issue, I'm sure the support teams will resolve it.

Daer
04-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Yeah I received the same message about changing emails. Although I gave in on Sunday and redeemed all my KS codes, I needed to see how many Primals I had!

primer
04-29-2014, 11:09 AM

Hello ,

Best regards,
Koop
HEX Support Team

People get compensation for playing the game and crashing. I cant even play the game and redeem my codes to crash in a tourney, where is the justice!

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 11:36 AM
People get compensation for playing the game and crashing. I cant even play the game and redeem my codes to crash in a tourney, where is the justice!

That really does suck. Sorry man, wish other players could help in cases like this. :(

yoyogod
04-29-2014, 11:42 AM
It is kind of annoying. I got fed up with waiting and just redeemed my codes. At the point the worst that can happen is the person with the xx1@xxx.com version of my email could open my packs. I assume that even if that person changed the password, I can just change it again once the email is switched, and I might as well trust CZE to reimburse me (or fix it) if they mess something up while switching my email.

Rokz
05-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Is this still possible or was it a temporary thing? Will account combine if I have two accounts backed? Missus doesn't want to play anymore. Account combining would be fantastic.

Xexist
05-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Is this still possible or was it a temporary thing? Will account combine if I have two accounts backed? Missus doesn't want to play anymore. Account combining would be fantastic.

Can she combine her account with mine? ^^

Svenn
05-28-2014, 06:48 AM
Email change should still be available. Did you already redeem the keys on 2 different accounts? If not you can just redeem them all on the same account. If so, contact support, it might be possible.

Stok3d
05-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Generally running 48 hours or less. Could be longer given the deluge of support requests as a result of Beta going live...

Support has been top notch and has been as Colin stated 48hrs or less. Coming from a long standing popular MMO gaming background--the customer support response time I have experienced here I believe has far exceeded that of that specific MMO.

Edit: Closing this thread as I noticed it is quite the necro. Please create a ticket with your question: http://support.hextcg.com/