PDA

View Full Version : Authenticators and/or loss prevention

Lafoote
04-24-2014, 11:54 AM
I received my email late last night for my closed beta and KS rewards. I am about to enter my codes with some trepidation. Like virtually everyone else, years ago I had a WoW account hacked. I'm reasonably certain it was from a mod I downloaded from Curse Gaming, but for reasons of libel I will fall short of an outright accusation. Since then, I have sworn by authenticators and expected CZE to have some secondary security measure available for us.

Unfortunately authenticators are not available at this time. For the security of its players I implore CZE to roll out some authenticators(physical or app store) ASAP! In the meantime, can we expect CZE to replace stolen items and ban/prosecute hackers when possible?

WoW gear represents a time investment, Hex cards represent real money. I'm sure security is a primary concern of CZE, but every additional layer of security we can add is good for everyone.

ShadowTycho
04-24-2014, 11:56 AM
I would like a phone app of some kind for this function.

Yoss
04-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Authenticators are in their plan, but I'm not sure how soon. Top 2 are AH and Guilds last I heard, which means Authenticators are third priority at best.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 11:57 AM
CZE will do everything they can do to restore hacked accounts. Authenticators are in the works.

You can play without fear. :D

Kami
04-24-2014, 12:02 PM
As stated elsewhere, everything in your account has a Unique ID (UID) - if something happens, everything should be trackable, in theory. This would allow very precise rollbacks for a subsection of affected players (as opposed to whole server - especially when money is involved) if their system works as they've led us to believe.

At least until authenticators are available, and even after they are, I don't think you have too much to worry about.

Zomnivore
04-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Apparently every card has a unique number so that they can get you your stuff back, or track exactly who it got proxied to.

Still I agree, account security options are going to be something people are going to want, especially when they've got all these nice pretty things.

I have no doubt CZE will do right by any player who gets screwed up by phishers or hackers tho.

Makizushi
04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
I would like a phone app of some kind for this function.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Google Authenticator is a free, cross-platform and kickass authenticator that can be made to work with virtually any application/game.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 01:49 PM
^ I've heard it before and now I've heard it again, and I still have no rebuttal because it is absolutely accurate.