PDA

View Full Version : Keep (Family) name taken?

Raykefire
04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Were our names supposed to transfer over from Alpha? When I log in and get to the spot for Family name it remembered my name (Chaos) but it says account name already exists.

ossuary
04-24-2014, 12:47 PM
I would open a support ticket. Someone who logged in before you may have switched their invalid keep name to that one, claiming it for themselves. Support will have to help you sort it out (you ought to have prior claim to it, since you had it during alpha, IMO).

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 01:28 PM
I would open a support ticket. Someone who logged in before you may have switched their invalid keep name to that one, claiming it for themselves. Support will have to help you sort it out (you ought to have prior claim to it, since you had it during alpha, IMO).

That actually shouldn't have been possible. According to CZE, the names were meant to be reserved - first right of refusal, so to speak.

ossuary
04-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Yes... hence why I said he should open a ticket. There was obviously some kind of mistake. :)

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Yes... hence why I said he should open a ticket. There was obviously some kind of mistake. :)

Yeah, I am just saying on a technical level, it should have been saved. Doesn't negate anything you said. :p

Ali3nSan
04-24-2014, 04:25 PM
I have same issue, but I made my Keep on Day 1 of Beta and was allowed a space... Now I remove the space and CastleGrayskull is marked as taken :(

Will raise support request....

FlyingMeatchip
04-24-2014, 04:37 PM
I closed the space on my name with no issue...thank goodness.

Selix
04-24-2014, 04:55 PM
I wonder why the character limits? Just require a keep name and a short name name for chat.

I.E.
Keep Name: Gonmerde'imeron, Home of King Grun'ok
Chat Nick: DrunkDwarf

Mahes
04-24-2014, 05:02 PM
I ran into a naming problem as well with Ak'Anon. Had not realized the filter system was not initiated or I would have picked a different name. As it is, the state I live in had not been taken.

Hibbert
04-24-2014, 06:23 PM
I also had an issue with my alpha name being taken. My alpha name was 4 letters with no numbers, spaces, or special characters. It's also super obscure so I doubt anyone else took it.

I did have multiple pledges, and the alpha account I used had a number attached to it. I opened a ticket to have it switched to the "base" email address. That got answered super fast, and I could reset the password on the account right away. But then I ran into the name taken issue.

Now I'm stuck waiting hearing back from support before I can log in and get all my goodies(I figure they could *probably* switch my name if I picked a temp one for now, but I didn't want to take any chances). On top of that, the other email address I had one of the other accounts switched to can't access the password reset fuction. So my friend can't access his account and goodies either. :(

DataDragon
04-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Found the issue. One of the testing accounts accidentally snagged this name and didn't let it go, before the locks were in place.
You can claim the name now.
Sorry about that.