PDA

View Full Version : Did the policy on Keep names change?? Unable to use alpha name

Mahes
04-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I logged on using my alpha email and password. I was directed to an unfamiliar screen asking me to choose a new keep name. When I went with the one it showed(Ak'Anon), I was told it was invalid. My keep name is in my signature. I used this name throughout the alpha stage with no comments.

ev1lb0b
04-24-2014, 01:52 PM
I logged on using my alpha email and password. I was directed to an unfamiliar screen asking me to choose a new keep name. When I went with the one it showed(Ak'Anon), I was told it was invalid. My keep name is in my signature. I used this name throughout the alpha stage with no comments.
Alas The Black Crypt is now TheBlackCrypt....I feel your pain.

Daer
04-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Naming Restrictions weren't working in Alpha, they are working now though. I guess you can't have any punctuation in your name. You also can't have any spaces and it needs to be longer than 3 characters.

Mahes
04-24-2014, 01:53 PM
They really should have done a MUCH better job of making players aware of that in Alpha. I would of course have never chosen the name if I knew it was an illegal name to begin with..........

An exception should be made for the alpha testers if the name is found to be non-offensive and in good taste. Clearly anybody who has played Everquest knows where I got my name from.

Daer
04-24-2014, 01:55 PM
They mentioned it a bunch back in October when alpha invites were going out.

Mahes
04-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Then some how I missed it. It should have been part of the emails? I am going through them now. I know I am not the only person caught by this.

Mahes
04-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Sigh,

I just went ahead and picked the State I live in. Georgia was not taken.