PDA

View Full Version : Where is the config file for display/resolution settings located?

timboman
04-24-2014, 01:59 PM
I was messing around with various display settings in the beta client while controlling my PC via Splashtop trying to find the best fit for my tablet and I accidently enabled full screen mode.
Due to the limitations of Splashtop it now won't display the game at all (It doesn't support any full screen games).
I'm not gonna be able to get home and directly access my computer to fix this for at least 5-6 hours and was hoping that I could solve this issue now by locating the config file where the display settings are located and editing it manually.
The only config file I was able to find was the main config.ini in the HEX directory, but it only has info regarding the game server address and other related settings, does anyone know where the display config file is stored?

kazeen
04-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Have checked documents folder some games put it their.
Not sure what Splashtop is but if you can manage to press alt+enter ingame somehow it goes between fullscreen and windowed mode.
Probably not much help if you cannot start the game though.

Kami
04-24-2014, 02:13 PM
I was messing around with various display settings in the beta client while controlling my PC via Splashtop trying to find the best fit for my tablet and I accidently enabled full screen mode.
Due to the limitations of Splashtop it now won't display the game at all (It doesn't support any full screen games).
I'm not gonna be able to get home and directly access my computer to fix this for at least 5-6 hours and was hoping that I could solve this issue now by locating the config file where the display settings are located and editing it manually.
The only config file I was able to find was the main config.ini in the HEX directory, but it only has info regarding the game server address and other related settings, does anyone know where the display config file is stored?

That information is actually stored under your registry.

You would need to use RegEdit and navigate to HCU\Software\Cryptozoic\

There should be something like: Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode_

Toggle that.

As a warning: This is ONLY for advanced users. Do not attempt to do this unless you fully understand what you're doing.

Edit: But yes, alternatively, you can try Alt+Enter.

Incindium
04-24-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm pretty sure i've been able to Alt + Enter when switching to that window in Splashtop to fix that issue before.

Edit: Yeah just tried it and that works.

timboman
04-24-2014, 02:20 PM
@Kami
That worked perfectly, thanks!

@kazeen
Splashtop (http://www.splashtop.com/) is a app that lets you remote control your PC with realtime screen display and audio output on a tablet or smartphone.
I'm at work today so I was using it to have a chance to crack my packs and possibly build some decks before I came home.
Until the game officially comes out for tablets, it's the next best thing to having Hex on the go!

kazeen
04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
@Kami
That worked perfectly, thanks!

@kazeen
Splashtop (http://www.splashtop.com/) is a app that lets you remote control your PC with realtime screen display and audio output on a tablet or smartphone.
I'm at work today so I was using it to have a chance to crack my packs and possibly build some decks before I came home.
Until the game officially comes out for tablets, it's the next best thing to having Hex on the go!

Thanks for the info, always used teamviewer to do it myself. Is splashtop better?

timboman
04-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the info, always used teamviewer to do it myself. Is splashtop better?

I've used Teamviewer before, but from what I've experienced Splashtop is a bit smoother and a bit less laggy.
Plus the version of Teamviewer I used didn't support audio output.

Kami
04-24-2014, 02:27 PM

Depends on what your needs are. Teamviewer is more robust imo.

I've used Teamviewer before, but from what I've experienced Splashtop is a bit smoother and a bit less laggy.
Plus the version of Teamviewer I used didn't support audio output.

Teamviewer is configurable, I've never had any significant lag. Heck, I can even watch a video remotely with audio without it being unbearable.