PDA

View Full Version : Entered Familyname, now it is both my keepname and familyname?

FoundInTheFlood
04-24-2014, 02:15 PM
How can I make this right?

Svenn
04-24-2014, 02:16 PM
How can I make this right?

This is how it has always been. Account name = Keep Name = Family Name. Your account is your keep/family.

FoundInTheFlood
04-24-2014, 02:20 PM
But all other ppl just have names, my name is shown as HouseSteiner of HouseSteiner

Svenn
04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
But all other ppl just have names, my name is shown as HouseSteiner of HouseSteiner

That's how it is for everyone. It should be showing Champion of KeepName. For some reason it's showing KeepName of KeepName when starting a game. Just a minor display bug.

FoundInTheFlood
04-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Aaah thanks! So how do I find out my "real name"? In Chat my name is my keepname, HouseSteiner... i was never asked to change my "normal name".... what is that nromal name then? I'm confused.

Svenn
04-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Aaah thanks! So how do I find out my "real name"? In Chat my name is my keepname, HouseSteiner... i was never asked to change my "normal name".... what is that nromal name then? I'm confused.

Your chat name is your keepname. For all purposes your keepname is everything you are... the keep/family/chat handle. The champion names are the names of the champions you use for your deck. In PvP you pick from a list of pre-made champions and they become ChampionName of KeepName so if you picked your champion as Gozzog it would show as Gozzog of HouseSteiner. In PvE you'll get to make your own champions and name them. The champion name is essentially just flavor text though, it doesn't affect anything.

FoundInTheFlood
04-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Aaah ok thnx a lot for clearing this up ... it's allright then ... but I named my "house" House Steiner because I thought it sounds cool as a keep, and it does ... but in chat it looks strange :)

Svenn
04-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Aaah ok thnx a lot for clearing this up ... it's allright then ... but I named my "house" House Steiner because I thought it sounds cool as a keep, and it does ... but in chat it looks strange :)

Yeah, a lot of us complained about that when they first announced it. I ended up going with "Svenn" for beta because it was what everyone knew me as... but I wish I could have a different name for my Keep.

FoundInTheFlood
04-24-2014, 03:06 PM
So will there be another wipe of name etc.? Or will EVERYTHING stay the same now because beta started?

And off topic: Why do we have all gems? Will we lose them again when pve comes? I thouht you have to earn them.

Svenn
04-24-2014, 03:14 PM
So will there be another wipe of name etc.? Or will EVERYTHING stay the same now because beta started?

And off topic: Why do we have all gems? Will we lose them again when pve comes? I thouht you have to earn them.
No more wipes at all for anything. Everything now is permanent.

They changed their mind on gems at some point. You always have all gems available. They are not items you need to collect or anything.

LiquidFlame
04-28-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm glad I found this thread, I was having the same display issue as FoundInTheFlood. It shows up as LiquidFlame as LiquidFlame, while the opponent just show their single name. I'm glad this isn't something I have to fix.

Werlix
04-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah the whole "Keep name" thing has confused a lot of people who thought they were naming a building, not their actual account.

If you don't like your choice of Keep name you can submit a ticket to support and they should be able to change it for you.

FoundInTheFlood
04-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Oh wow ... that makes some creatures very powerful! I realized that some creatures have big and some have small gem sockets .. but I don't know how to spot the difference ...

Gwaer
04-28-2014, 10:14 PM
It says socketable major or socketable minor on the card, I don't think the visual representation of the socket or the gem after socketing is distinct from major or minor, but it really probably should be.