PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Reward codes missing

Badmoonz
04-24-2014, 05:12 PM
I am pleased Hex has reached beta as I have been happily anticipating the game. I received my email yesterday with instructions for the beta and Kickstarter reward redemption instructions. Unfortunately, the email did not contain any codes. I haven't noticed anyone else with this problem, but it does have me a little nervous. I created a support ticket, but I already have an open support ticket that hasn't been touched in days for a different issue.

Anyone else know of this problem? Perhaps I am not noticing something obvious. For reference I backed as a DungeonCrawler and Squire.

Marsden
04-24-2014, 05:22 PM
I received two emails, one with no codes in and one (thankfully) with everything listed.

So the problem isn't just you, I was just lucky enough to get a correct email at the same time.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Check both accounts, one may have gotten the email with all the codes?

Mahes
04-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Check your junk box for your emails. They mailed out the codes differently from where you normally recieved thier letters from. I was outright missing the letter til I found it in my "Promotions" box.

Badmoonz
04-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the input. Both accounts are tied to the same email address. (One through Kickstarter and another through Paypal). I have only received one email. Perhaps the second email with all codes is still coming.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm actually still missing a collector tier email that I got through paypal myself =/

Badmoonz
04-25-2014, 03:10 PM
As noted in today's Kickstarter update, the next step is to find old transaction IDs and send them to support.

Badmoonz
04-26-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm not really sure what's going on now. I got an email from support that my account was deleted at my request and to contact them if this is not the case. However this is not the true as I am still able to logon with that account.

Loonknight
04-27-2014, 01:51 AM
I got every email except for the Kickstarter reward code one. I issued a ticket prior to the update and have since found and added my transaction ID to my ticket. Considering the support site forwarded the info on a Friday, I doubt I'll get this resolved until around Tuesday/Wednesday if I'm lucky. It pains me to have to wait to play and enjoy my rewards, but there is nothing more that I can do but wait.

Update 4/30/14:
As I suspected, I was updated on Tuesday at 3am PST and was able to get my reward codes. As expected it was just a matter of time, but that didn't make it any easier to wait. I also replied to that response remembering I was to get an art book as well in that email I missed and was quickly answered with the link to it, as in within two hours looking at the history.

UDareUTake
04-27-2014, 01:53 AM
Just gonna paste this here, hopefully will help some people here http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34978

Badmoonz
04-29-2014, 11:04 AM
After several days of waiting I finally got a reply about the account they deleted. Unfortunately, it was a message about how they are unable to change account names at this point. This is really frustrating, it seems like they don't care.

Timeline of events thus far:
* April 17th, we get a notice beta is coming. My account names were wrong (myname1@email.com), so I send in a ticket to get them changed.
* April 22nd, finally get a reply that says beta is coming so they cannot switch at this time
* April 23rd, we receive our kickstarter reward emails. My email is blank because they did in fact rename my account but also decided to switch them so the wrong email address got the codes.
* April 25th, I ask around about the missing codes and create another ticket for the missing codes.
* April 25th, Gameforge replies that my account names have been changed. I get an email that my account was deleted.
* April 26th, I obtain my kickstarter codes, and add a comment to my existing ticket that my account was deleted for no reason and to please restore it.
* April 29th, Receive a reply from Gameforge that they are not able to change account names at this time. There is no mention about my missing account.

A part of this is me venting, but also I am really not sure what to do. I have been fairly patient thus far, but I am starting to feel nervous. Particularly so when I hear that beta keys are being given away, but I still haven't been able to get on with my kickstarter account.

Gorgol
04-29-2014, 11:38 AM
its not that they dont care, it is that their tools are literally bugged so they CANT do anything about it. We just have to wait until they can get them working properly.

Svenn
04-29-2014, 11:45 AM
I had 3 emails... one with my GK codes, one with NO codes, and one with both my Warrior and King codes. The GK email went to the right address, the one with NO codes went to the right address... the one with the Warrior and King codes went to my friend's email address that I was trying to have them change the account over to. Oddly enough, the account isn't even in his email yet... so the codes went to an email that doesn't match the account.

Definitely something weird with that. Did you back with the same email account for both? It's possible it tried sending the email with the codes to youremail1@blahblah.com instead of your actual email address...

Badmoonz
04-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I backed twice a Squire and a Dungeon Crawler on the same email. The Dungeon Crawler came out on myname1@email.com and the squire (which was a gift for a friend) came out as myname@email.com. What they did was change the the dungeon crawler to my friend's email, and the squire to my email. After questioning the mix up, they then deleted the Dungeon Crawler account.

Really at this point the names and the accounts don't matter so much since you can apply kick starter codes wherever you wish. I would just like to have the two accounts back.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 12:21 PM
I am 100% certain CZE will resolve this, as I did this months ago, at the end of the kickstarter (the email swaps to friends). Each and every email has always been to the correct person, with the correct codes and passwords etc.

They are just having technical issues. I am positive that it will be dealt with. I can't give you any consolation for the time lost however, that bite the big one.

Badmoonz
05-02-2014, 06:22 AM
So, we are in the second week of beta now, and the third week since I sent in my ticket. I still don't have my account. I haven't had a meaningful reply from Gameforge all week and I suspect they will not work on the weekend.

At this point, I don't care that my accounts are backwards. I just want to have an account to play the beta on. Anyone have any advice how I can get my issue resolved?

Svenn
05-02-2014, 07:30 AM
So, we are in the second week of beta now, and the third week since I sent in my ticket. I still don't have my account. I haven't had a meaningful reply from Gameforge all week and I suspect they will not work on the weekend.

At this point, I don't care that my accounts are backwards. I just want to have an account to play the beta on. Anyone have any advice how I can get my issue resolved?
PM Shaqattack here on the forums or message @hextcg on twitter.

Badmoonz
05-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Thank you for the advice. I have sent a PM to Shaqattaq detailing the entire history of my issues. Maybe if I am lucky, I will get to try out Hex this weekend!

Arminace
05-02-2014, 12:25 PM
I feel with you Badmoonz ... iI have nearly the same story ongoing....