PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely baffled.

Tzeentch
04-24-2014, 06:06 PM
So, I never got to play in the Alpha because my account just never seemed to have been created properly or something. Anyway, now it's closed beta, and I would love to play. Again, I can't. I HAVE the emails from being a backer, got my Knight key for my packs, etc. but still, somehow, my account is not recognized. I can't even reset my password to log into the client, because it's like my account is non-existent. I attempted to register an account (with the same email that has been getting all the backer updates and such since the beginning of the Kickstarter) and bam - account created. What? Shouldn't there already be an account under that email address from the past? And then with that account it's asking for a closed beta key, obviously, and which I do not have.

Could I get some real assistance, please?

ArcaneWeapon
04-24-2014, 06:11 PM
You won't get it here. Send a ticket to Support.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Support.hextcg.com ?

DataDragon
04-24-2014, 06:13 PM
I was able to find your account, and I have flagged it for beta access. You should be able to log in now.

Kami
04-24-2014, 06:17 PM
I was able to find your account, and I have flagged it for beta access. You should be able to log in now.

7 min response time. How fast is that? :)

CZE ftw.

Gwaer
04-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Data dragon may be the true god of hex. Do not mess with DBA's. =\

Svenn
04-24-2014, 06:37 PM
7 min response time. How fast is that? :)

CZE ftw.
7 minutes. :-P

Tzeentch
04-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Thank you very much, DataDragon. Much appreciated for the quick response. And to the other's, I had sent a ticket. Ha.

Arbiter
04-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Support.hextcg.com ?

Requires a login. Which is why the forgot password method in the email doesn't work. The accounts were not created as they were not used in alpha (I used one of my numbered obnnes - which I got first - but want to use the one with my email for the game). There are multiple threads on this issue, I started one and there are at least 2 others.

Kami
04-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Requires a login. Which is why the forgot password method in the email doesn't work. The accounts were not created as they were not used in alpha (I used one of my numbered obnnes - which I got first - but want to use the one with my email for the game). There are multiple threads on this issue, I started one and there are at least 2 others.

Support site account is different from your Hex account.

You can register here: http://support.hextcg.com/index.php?action=reg&opt=new

Arbiter
04-24-2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks for that, although it has been 15 minutes, and I am yet to receive a confirmation email from registering so I am wondering how long it will take (or if registration will even work)..

It also seems as though many people are not able to use the advice below to create their account, so I do think it needs to be looked at, rather than just trying to solve it on a case by case basis.

So, if you’ve never logged into the game before, you can head to http://www.hextcg.com/hex-registered and hit “Forgot Password.” There you can enter your email address (this email address) and reset your password. You’ll receive an email from Gameforge (our platform services partner) to reset your password and then access your account.

Daer
04-24-2014, 08:31 PM
I've used the "Forgot Password" to change a couple of my passwords and it has worked fine each time.

Arbiter
04-24-2014, 10:05 PM
I've used the "Forgot Password" to change a couple of my passwords and it has worked fine each time.

Had you used the account during Alpha? The common denominator for those of us having issues is that we are using an account that wasn't used during alpha. I'd say it is something at Gameforge's end, since I cannot even create an account to submit it as an issue.

dogmod
04-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Had you used the account during Alpha? The common denominator for those of us having issues is that we are using an account that wasn't used during alpha. I'd say it is something at Gameforge's end, since I cannot even create an account to submit it as an issue.

Same... I have an account that I used in Alpha that cannot create new password or get a support account from gameforge but which I can log into and of which I received my codes and used...

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Yes, 7 MINUTES! WOO!

I hope these "types of threads" slow down. It's so completely unnecessary right now. Have some poise and respect people.

Daer
04-25-2014, 05:39 AM

Both.

I used it with 1 account that I used in alpha.

Then I used it with another account that I had never used. It wouldn't log into the beta and when I tested it on the website it failed there too. I used Forgot Password to reset the password and then logged into beta and everything worked.