PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinging 4 pack sealed... TONIGHT 4/24

funktion
04-24-2014, 07:20 PM
TLDR; build a deck, play with me tonight, ???, win packs

This might belong in the fansite forums, but hopefully I'm not the only one doing it tonight. Plus it has a lot of potential to be fun for a lot of people.

Alright so the tournament servers are currently down but you can still play games (though there is some instability I hear) and you can definitely open packs. I was REALLY hoping to draft tonight, unfortunately that probably isn't going to pan out. So I was thinking maybe we could still do something fun:

-This might be a little cumbersome... but something something something lemons & lemonade.
-Open 4 packs, and keep a tally of what cards you opened.
-Make a 60 card deck (40 would be ideal but it won't let you use those in the proving grounds, and at least this way people don't have to open all that many packs if they don't want to)
-Whisper me in game and we will battle our 4 pack sealed decks. (single games not best of)
-If you win a game I will add your name to the list of people I owe packs to and I will give you one as soon as they are tradeable. (probably only gonna do 10 packs worth of games tonight but we'll see)

This is a great chance to still do something fun tonight and make the best of what we've got. I'm sure we can find a few other community folks which would be interested in gunslinging and perhaps we can do this again sometime soon if folks like it?

Just as a final note, try and be honest with the packs you open etc and just use 4 packs that you opened for this specifically. It will be much more fun for everyone.

Reply with any comments or challenges. I'll probably also set up my stream to hang out with people there as well.

SilverDirewolf
04-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Sounds like a fun idea!

Saeijou
04-24-2014, 08:25 PM
do you stream that? or anyone? ;)

Cory_Jones
04-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Seriously... Best community in gaming

funktion
04-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Build one cory... you know you want to!

Piecetinker
04-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Why are there no "Like" functions in these forums!? ^_^

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 09:03 PM
TLDR; build a deck, play with me tonight, ???, win packs

This might belong in the fansite forums, but hopefully I'm not the only one doing it tonight. Plus it has a lot of potential to be fun for a lot of people.

Alright so the tournament servers are currently down but you can still play games (though there is some instability I hear) and you can definitely open packs. I was REALLY hoping to draft tonight, unfortunately that probably isn't going to pan out. So I was thinking maybe we could still do something fun:

-This might be a little cumbersome... but something something something lemons & lemonade.
-Open 4 packs, and keep a tally of what cards you opened.
-Make a 60 card deck (40 would be ideal but it won't let you use those in the proving grounds, and at least this way people don't have to open all that many packs if they don't want to)
-Whisper me in game and we will battle our 4 pack sealed decks. (single games not best of)
-If you win a game I will add your name to the list of people I owe packs to and I will give you one as soon as they are tradeable. (probably only gonna do 10 packs worth of games tonight but we'll see)

This is a great chance to still do something fun tonight and make the best of what we've got. I'm sure we can find a few other community folks which would be interested in gunslinging and perhaps we can do this again sometime soon if folks like it?

Just as a final note, try and be honest with the packs you open etc and just use 4 packs that you opened for this specifically. It will be much more fun for everyone.

Reply with any comments or challenges. I'll probably also set up my stream to hang out with people there as well.

4 packs, 4 Angels... honest!!! ;)

I'd join you Drew... but I'm completely mesmerized by opening packs... 1 by 1...

YourOpponent
04-24-2014, 09:05 PM
An excellent idea! If you're still on and doing this I might just have to take you up on this...sure it's not as much on prizes, but your words of spontaneity have inspired me!

funktion
04-24-2014, 09:36 PM
You should... it's a lot of fun just hanging out... btw my 4 pack deck is AWFUL

shizuyami
04-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Just had a fun sealed match with funktion! Give it a try guys, its lots of fun.

Ebynfel
04-24-2014, 11:53 PM
This was ana amazing time tonight, and I think Funktion plans to do something like it every thursday eve. Im in, it was great. maybe soon we can see asynch 4 pack tournies :)

funktion
04-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Wow. So many people tuned into the stream with me and everyone really to just hang out in chat and have a fun time. I think 8-9 of us wound building decks and all playing against one another tonight and it was really a lot of fun.

To everyone else it sounds like people might want to make #4_pack_thursday a thing. It might not be like this every week, might play pauper or something but I might take a stab at making this into a fun community get together for us all to hang out and have fun.