PDA

View Full Version : Are you using the store during Beta?

Bells
04-24-2014, 08:32 PM
What you think of the prices as they are right now?

Do you plan on getting more packs? What interactions with the current store do you feel like are worth a try and you should look into?

Rendakor
04-24-2014, 08:46 PM
I haven't had to buy anything yet; I've got plenty of packs from backing and with tournaments not working yet there isn't any other point. Prices are fine though.

Pandamaniac
04-24-2014, 08:48 PM
I have used the store, to buy Plat (for tournament entry fees) and VIP (for the discounted packs). All the offers in the store are fair, and all make sense in the long run. I would only avoid buying set one packs right now if you can, because players have a lot and so when the AH launches the packs should cost significantly less than they do in the store.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 08:58 PM
I bought plat to test with. Got a booster, no issues. Everything seems fair and works better than expected.

chili
04-24-2014, 09:00 PM
I bought plat to test with. Got a booster, no issues. Everything seems fair and works better than expected.

Which is to say it works?

DanTheMeek
04-24-2014, 09:04 PM
I have not used the store yet, the plan is to only ever buy plat for tournament entree fees (if even that based on the type of tournaments and cost to reward ratios being offered) until set 2 comes out, but we'll see what actually happens. The starters, while indeed good starting points, are an offensively bad value for 10 bucks, while boosters and VIP are fairly priced, but if boosters end up as cheap as people predict on the AH odds are high that will be where all my purchased plat goes if I do buy any more set 1 boosters.

So long story short, there are some unknowns that will decide if and to the extent of the spending I do, but despite how much I've spent already I'm not opposed to spending more nor scared off by it being a beta, CZE has shown a players first attitude that gives me confidence that even if something did go wrong, they'd make it right.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Which is to say it works?

Not just works, but it works smoothly, with lots of payment options. So far, I am feeling like the store could almost be a launch candidate already.

chili
04-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Not just works, but it works smoothly, with lots of payment options. So far, I am feeling like the store could almost be a launch candidate already.

Everyone outside the US is getting charged in Euros, it's not working fine

Bells
04-24-2014, 09:11 PM
i have to admit that even though everything is probably evenly priced regardless of currency, the only reason i didn't stock up on Plat right now was because the price was in EUROS...

hex_colin
04-24-2014, 09:13 PM

This is the key thing - it's seamless. I've gotten my Platinum within a second of the Gameforge confirmation screen being displayed every single time.

Idus
04-24-2014, 09:17 PM

I'm in Australia. The price displayed for me was Euros. I paid with PayPal, which converted to AUS$ at exactly the same rate as it would have if I'd had to pay in US$. As long as the final price in my local currency is the equivalent of US$1 for 100 platinum, it doesn't bother me if the price is displayed in US$, Euro's, Peso's, Rubles, or Imperial Credits.

Bells
04-24-2014, 09:18 PM
when it starts working within the client itself it would probably be fantastic tool just for the ease of use alone. i'm glad people seem to be satisfied with it.

ossuary
04-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Personally I won't be pumping any money in until the AH and trading are implemented and working well. I want to try to play the market a bit before I actually slap down any more money, see if I can do some wheelin' and dealin'. :)

sukebe
04-24-2014, 09:55 PM
I havnt purchased any plat yet but I will as soon as the tournaments are working. My tier provided me with plenty of packs so I will just be using my money for VIP membership and tournament entry fees. That won't last long though as I plan to play a lot so what I do next will depend on how many boosters I have won from my 50 $1 drafts :-)

Gulbech
04-24-2014, 10:11 PM

I got charged in my own currency, I live in eu but we have our own currency.

YourOpponent
04-25-2014, 01:40 AM
I intend to only use it to get platinum for tournament entry fees...maybe more so than expected if next months Hex Pro tournament is in early may in the event that the AH is down.

Cernz
04-25-2014, 01:54 AM
i might get 7k plat today... if i wont get any primal from my kickstarter key ;)
want at least 1 primal tbh ... otherwise it will be a sad weekend :(

Bells
04-25-2014, 09:50 PM
i'm also considering picking a long range of VIP nd keep a large amount of Plat for the long run...

shizuyami
04-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Bought 28k plat. Seems to work just fine, bought 100 packs with it, no issues at all. I feel like the prices are in the right place, no regrets. I only had slacker backer so I had to get some packs and plat ready to start drafting.

Rendakor
04-25-2014, 10:37 PM
This is the key thing - it's seamless. I've gotten my Platinum within a second of the Gameforge confirmation screen being displayed every single time.

I'd call it seamless if we could buy plat within the client.

Svenn
04-25-2014, 10:39 PM
I bought a 3 month VIP. It went pretty smooth. I then cancelled the recurring payments. All seems good there. I didn't buy any plat yet (and probably won't for some time since I have 250+ boosters and lots of free drafts).

The prices are fine, I think. $2 is a good price for a booster. $4 for 4 boosters (VIP) is even better.

Kami
04-26-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm still awaiting my account e-mail/login stuff to be sorted out before I redeem codes and start splurging on platinum for the future but I do intend to add a good chunk of platinum when I do.

wasichu
04-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Worked fine for me I hate to use it to get some packs because I didn't get my email with codes. I found my email was hacked conveniently that Thursday. I guess the gold spammers from other games are looking to move into hex. I changed all my passwords from a neutral computer.
Any how soon as support gets to my ticket hopefully I can get my backer codes.

hex_colin
04-26-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm still awaiting my account e-mail/login stuff to be sorted out before I redeem codes and start splurging on platinum for the future but I do intend to add a good chunk of platinum when I do.

Good luck! My worst fears were realized - Gameforge cut me off after a relatively small number of transactions. At least if it were my bank I could call and get it sorted immediately. Don't have that option in this case... I am a sad panda...

Vorpal
04-26-2014, 12:02 PM
I bought some plat, and it worked fine, and I bought VIP, which promptly delivered the first pack to my account.

wasichu
04-26-2014, 12:09 PM
I bought some plat, and it worked fine, and I bought VIP, which promptly delivered the first pack to my account.

Since ya did VIP does it not start charging until after the promo VIP is up?

hex_colin
04-26-2014, 12:14 PM

They weren't able to work out an issue with granting VIP time as part of the bundled KS rewards. Latest plan was to send us a code for the 3 months of VIP.... Soon...

ossuary
04-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Good luck! My worst fears were realized - Gameforge cut me off after a relatively small number of transactions. At least if it were my bank I could call and get it sorted immediately. Don't have that option in this case... I am a sad panda...

Wait, so you're saying Gameforge won't ALLOW you to spend money? That's effing dumb. :p

Xenavire
04-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Wait, so you're saying Gameforge won't ALLOW you to spend money? That's effing dumb. :p

Might be for technical reasons. Would be dumb for any other reason though. :D

hex_colin
04-26-2014, 01:03 PM

Yup. "for my protection". It's beyond stupid. It's becoming increasingly irritating that they haven't responded to my support ticket asking them to remove the block.

I know that I'm an edge case, but it really is costing CZE money. And, what I'd already deposited before I got barred is a drop in the bucket compared to what I'd spend when a new set hits. I can only hope that this is the last time anyone has to deal with this.

Gwaer
04-26-2014, 01:19 PM
I'll let you onto one of my other accounts colin, you're welcome to lock that one out from plat purchases as well...

Then I'll give you access to a different one... ;)

Your happiness is very important to me.

Lolzgreekmyth
04-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Yup. "for my protection". It's beyond stupid. It's becoming increasingly irritating that they haven't responded to my support ticket asking them to remove the block.

I know that I'm an edge case, but it really is costing CZE money. And, what I'd already deposited before I got barred is a drop in the bucket compared to what I'd spend when a new set hits. I can only hope that this is the last time anyone has to deal with this.

Wow! I agree completely agree. How ridiculous of Gameforge!

Raith
04-26-2014, 01:59 PM
I bought platinum and was credited with the correct amount. I bought three packs to draft with and it deducted the correct amount. The rest is for draft tourneys. However, over half my platinum disappeared Wednesday night either when I entered a kickstarter code or a draft I queued for didn't fire. I have no doubts my ticket will eventually get resolved. If that would bother you or you are risk averse, you may want to be cautious. I'm sort of all-in on the game so I can be patient. :)

It's been stable since that one event though.

ossuary
04-26-2014, 02:07 PM
That's super lame, Colin. I hope Gameforge gets their act together. I know there are only a small number of people who legitimately spend lots of money on this kind of stuff, but those people are very important to the profitability of the game. Plus, I know from personal experience that the whole reason you want to spend that money is to give back to the community, so it's a double-punch for them to cut you off. Like kicking a puppy and stubbing your toe while you do it. Lame!

Malakili
04-26-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm drowning in packs as it is. The only thing I might get is some play if I want to draft more than my free ones - which I probably will. The question is when. For now I'm waiting for a more stable experience all around before I spend more money.

Vorpal
04-26-2014, 08:10 PM

Yeah like colin said the promo VIP hasn't started yet. I want full time VIP anyway so I went ahead and told it get rolling.

I assume whenever the VIP codes are out I can just apply those to my account and it won't charge me VIP for those 3 months.

Vibraxus
04-26-2014, 11:02 PM

Edited....your issue isnt what I cam address

Marsden
04-27-2014, 05:01 AM

Of course you might not want to say Colin, but if you don't mind would you give us an idea of how many transactions and how much spent seems to have caused the block?

Bells
04-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Here is something i was curious about ... so i have my months of VIP from Captain tier, ok.

Those... are not rolling yet. Right? The timer only starts when i get my VIP code and put it in the game...

When i do that... then the price of packs should drop for me in the store... is that right? if it is, i'll just load up on Plat now and get a full year of VIP ahead of time and then start getting packs when the price drop from VIP kicks in.

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Here is something i was curious about ... so i have my months of VIP from Captain tier, ok.

Those... are not rolling yet. Right? The timer only starts when i get my VIP code and put it in the game...

When i do that... then the price of packs should drop for me in the store... is that right? if it is, i'll just load up on Plat now and get a full year of VIP ahead of time and then start getting packs when the price drop from VIP kicks in.

No, you get given a free booster, once per week, for 4 weeks per month of VIP. You do not get discounts at the store, you get a predetermined value.

Khazrakh
04-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Wow! I agree completely agree. How ridiculous of Gameforge!

Never thought I'd say something like that but it's probably not totally Gameforge's fault only.
We have some pretty weird laws here in Germany regarding gambling, youth protection and so on. I can pretty much imagine that Gameforge got sued once or several times for not blocking further transactions after what "obviously was an abusive spending that could not be in that persons interest"...

hex_colin
04-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Never thought I'd say something like that but it's probably not totally Gameforge's fault only.
We have some pretty weird laws here in Germany regarding gambling, youth protection and so on. I can pretty much imagine that Gameforge got sued once or several times for not blocking further transactions after what "obviously was an abusive spending that could not be in that persons interest"...

That's my decision to make. And if they're going to make that decision for me, the least they can do is contact me immediately and give me a chance to resolve the situation. Not make me wait for 72 hours and counting...

ossuary
04-28-2014, 03:27 PM
He's also not German and not a minor, so German laws about the protection of minors don't and shouldn't be applied.

Gwaer
04-28-2014, 04:47 PM
The payment processor is German and has to comply with German laws.

Yoss
04-28-2014, 04:59 PM
you get given a free booster, once per week, for 4 weeks per month of VIP.

It's limited to 4 per month? I thought it would be 52 packs per year of VIP. Does it say differently in-client?

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 05:06 PM
It's limited to 4 per month? I thought it would be 52 packs per year of VIP. Does it say differently in-client?

Come on, you know what I mean - 30 day increments or however it is, but you only get a booster per week. I could have worded it better but I was trying to be quick and clear.

Rendakor
04-28-2014, 05:10 PM
I figured it would be 4 packs a month, thus creating 48 packs a year at $1 per.

Gwaer
04-28-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it's 1 per week

Khazrakh
04-28-2014, 09:34 PM
That's my decision to make. And if they're going to make that decision for me, the least they can do is contact me immediately and give me a chance to resolve the situation. Not make me wait for 72 hours and counting...

Don't get me wrong Colin, I in no way meant to say that it's right how Gameforge is treating you, the whole thing is totally absurd in my opinion.
Still it's a German company and they are subject to german laws and for some reason our government got the impression over the years that clearly they know whats best of us and if you don't agree with that being best you HAVE to be wrong.
The "Bundesjugendschutz" (protection of minors) doesn't care if you are still a minor or not. A videogame is too brutal to be played by minors? Guess what, you are not allowend to promote it any more or put it on display in your store... as I said, we do have some pretty weird laws...

Gwaer
04-28-2014, 09:45 PM
We have a 'protect the children' stripe here in the usa, too. Hopefully it doesn't ever get quite that bad.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 08:32 AM
My issues are resolved! :) Took longer than I would have liked, but I get that the support process will take a while to optimize.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:10 AM
My issues are resolved! :) Took longer than I would have liked, but I get that the support process will take a while to optimize.

So, back to punishing your poor, poor wallet? :p

Pezzle
04-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Already have piles of packs, so nothing to spend money on at the moment. Maybe VIP for set two and beyond, but that is not now.

Mahes
04-29-2014, 09:43 AM
I want more stability and trade to be implemented before I consider spending more money.

Xenavire
04-29-2014, 09:47 AM
I want more stability and trade to be implemented before I consider spending more money.

I can't say I blame you, but I couldn't resist. 8 euros in, and I am holding off as much as I can.. 1 VIP and 700 plat, gonna make that last... (YEAH RIGHT!):D

Poetic
04-29-2014, 09:48 AM
I'd be spending money on platinum for sure if I could draft. Until then, I don't really log in.

mudkip
04-29-2014, 10:14 AM
I'd be spending money on platinum for sure if I could draft. Until then, I don't really log in.

Same. I actually bought some plat in preparation. I logged in to check it out, bought some plat, logged out and that's my beta experience so far! I should really check if I actually received it >.>

Bells
04-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Ok this is very minor.... but did anybody notice that buying in smaller amounts is cheaper?

14.000 P = 99.99 if you buy it once
14.000 p = 99.80 if you just buy 700 p 20 times.

I know this is minor... but... usually the incentive comes from when you buy more, the cheaper it gets... of course, you don't save much... but.... it's the reverse. It's weird.

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Ok this is very minor.... but did anybody notice that buying in smaller amounts is cheaper?

14.000 P = 99.99 if you buy it once
14.000 p = 99.80 if you just buy 700 p 20 times.

I know this is minor... but... usually the incentive comes from when you buy more, the cheaper it gets... of course, you don't save much... but.... it's the reverse. It's weird.

Don't do that. You'll get to a number of transactions smaller than 20 and get your account locked! ;)

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 08:12 PM
How long was the wait to get it unlocked?

hex_colin
04-29-2014, 08:16 PM
How long was the wait to get it unlocked?

3.5 days. Complete edge case though - I understand that. I was pretty vocal to CZE about how I felt is should be handled in the future. Bottom line, I felt like it took a little too long, but I have faith it'd be much faster in the future.

sukebe
04-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Well, I just bought 500 plat and a VIP subscription. I had heard in chat that some were having trouble with the store in Chrome so I figured I would try to get a screenshot. It worked perfectly however.

Anyone else notice the amount that is shown on gameforge is not the amount that is actually charged? the 500 plat I bought should have been $4.99 but I was only charged $4.84 for it. I even checked my credit card and that is indeed what I was charged. VIP only cost me $3.88.

I'm certainly not complaining, it was just an interesting surprise.

Bells
04-29-2014, 09:11 PM
So, i just acquired an year of VIP to go alongside my 3 months for my pledge and a bunch of Platinum which i'll convert to boosters which in the next month i'll replenish to keep in reserve going forward...

I have committed to the deep end in this game because Crypt has convinced me that they merit that trust... so i want to be diving into that pool with a starting count of over 100 chests and almost 1800 cards... let's see what happens.

shizuyami
04-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Bought 70.000 plat so far, wonder how much it takes to get my account locked aswell :)

Gwaer
04-29-2014, 10:27 PM
700 bucks? Go big spender.

Oroniss
04-29-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm holding off for the moment, mostly because I know that if I bought a lot of plat I would just end up spending it on packs (since there isn't really much else to spend it on atm). Once they AH is operational I'll make a couple of big purchases though. I want to be able to pick up a fair few singles and probably stockpile a bunch of extra packs / primal packs so will need plat in game.

I would also prefer to pay in US dollars, rather than Euros so if that looks like it might come soon I could hold off a bit longer.