PDA

View Full Version : there will be no wipes going forward

Bells
04-24-2014, 08:41 PM
in the Patch notes of April 24th it says

''Player collections are now live, there will be no wipes going forward''

To void any form of confusion or doubts from backers and new players, i think we should be clear on what that means.

Will at the end of closed beta be a wipe? will it not? Anything you get from your packs now is final? how does that work?

Daer
04-24-2014, 08:48 PM
No wipes going forward means there will be no more wipes. Anything you get from packs is now final.

DanTheMeek
04-24-2014, 08:51 PM
Not to say there's anything wrong with asking for further clarification, I would too if I was unclear, but I'm curious, what part of "there will be no wipes going forward" is unclear? I would be shocked if it didn't mean, well, what it means, which is there will be no wipes going forward. Or to put it another way, as per your question, anything you get from packs now is final. I'm sure they reserve the right to make exceptions if some horrible glitch results in everyone having 100 of every card or whatever, but they have no intention of wiping our accounts at this point, and its why they've made real-money purchases available. It is a bit of a surprise as I could have sworn they said the original plan was to have at least one beta wipe, but plans change and I think that sentiment was back when they expected alpha to last like a month so they intended for much of what we've been calling alpha to be called beta.

But again, I sincerely do not mean to come off as rude, but I think they didn't really leave any room for ambiguity on this point, they want you to have confidence that cards you get now, and accomplishments or achievements you accrue, will be lasting from this point going forward.

Xenavire
04-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Collections are now permanent. No less than that. Packs are real, money spent is real.

It is the closest we can get to a launch environment as we can at this stage. Everything is for keeps.

Liokae
04-24-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm picturing this guy explaining to a traffic cop that the stop sign needed to be more clear if he was expected to actually stop.

Bells
04-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Not to say there's anything wrong with asking for further clarification, I would too if I was unclear, but I'm curious, what part of "there will be no wipes going forward" is unclear? I would be shocked if it didn't mean, well, what it means, which is there will be no wipes going forward. Or to put it another way, as per your question, anything you get from packs now is final. I'm sure they reserve the right to make exceptions if some horrible glitch results in everyone having 100 of every card or whatever, but they have no intention of wiping our accounts at this point, and its why they've made real-money purchases available. It is a bit of a surprise as I could have sworn they said the original plan was to have at least one beta wipe, but plans change and I think that sentiment was back when they expected alpha to last like a month so they intended for much of what we've been calling alpha to be called beta.

But again, I sincerely do not mean to come off as rude, but I think they didn't really leave any room for ambiguity on this point, they want you to have confidence that cards you get now, and accomplishments or achievements you accrue, will be lasting from this point going forward.

Simple... it could mean that there wouldn't be any more Wipes while on closed beta. Could easily mean that when transitioning from Beta to final (or even closed to open) that a wipe could occur. As these could be considered ''new states'' for the game.

As to prevent this from causing confusion... better ask than to assume. So i asked. that's all really.

DanTheMeek
04-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Simple... it could mean that there wouldn't be any more Wipes while on closed beta. Could easily mean that when transitioning from Beta to final (or even closed to open) that a wipe could occur. As these could be considered ''new states'' for the game.

As to prevent this from causing confusion... better ask than to assume. So i asked. that's all really.

Fair enough, like I said, never hurts to ask, in fact I strongly feel that its always better to ask a dumb question then to fail to ask a good question because you're afraid others will view it as dumb. Perhaps this is the latter, and I'm the one being dumb for assuming to much about their statement, but I admit that I think for if it was "no more wipes during closed beta" but that there would be a wipe when entering open beta, that they would have specifically said that, while going forward strongly implies that there is no end point, this is just how things will be from now on.

joseph5185
04-24-2014, 10:42 PM

Except it doesn't. People will be spending real money for additional booster packs, drafts, etc.

COULD YOU IMAGINE what WOULD HAPPEN if there was a wipe after that?

Hint: It would NOT be pretty...

jasta85
04-25-2014, 01:42 AM
Except it doesn't. People will be spending real money for additional booster packs, drafts, etc.

COULD YOU IMAGINE what WOULD HAPPEN if there was a wipe after that?

Hint: It would NOT be pretty...

well normally if there is a wipe, people get backs the same amount of money the spent in credit so they can buy the same thing again. If you got a bunch of cards you didn't like the first time then it could actually be beneficial to have a wipe as you get to open up a bunch of new packs and hopefully get better cards.

the flip side is if you get a great set of cards first and then don't get them after a wipe.

but either way it's a null point as there will be no more wipes.

YourOpponent
04-25-2014, 02:05 AM
I'm fine with this mindset, but hopefully they have exceptions to the rule such as doing a wipe on individuals exploiting, or partial removal to exploiters...and do whatever is possible to restore the balance in a case by case situation...such as if there was a bug where if you were selling things at a certain price and those items were being bought at no cost by somebody in the AH...and this person then kept buying all of those items that way...while the people that sold them didn't receive the gold or platinum. Something like that would be nice with the technology they have to distribute refunds to the people exploited while punishing the exploiter.