PDA

View Full Version : WARNING!!! Care when opening booster packs!

Novataglio
04-24-2014, 03:59 PM
As I was clicking around the client I accidentally opened ten booster packs when I didn't necessarily want to. By the time I saw the text on mouse over of the arrow it was already too late. I'm not upset but I think a confirmation (even one you could opt out of getting in the future) would be a good idea for bulk functions like "Open Ten Packs."

Thanks!

Voormas
04-24-2014, 04:21 PM
If it was a confirmation window with "don't show me this again" then that would help new players out a lot I suspect

Zarien
04-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Before any of you make this mistake, like myself and a few others have made. If you press the arrow next to the booster packs by accident, you will open 10 booster packs without any notification or warning. So be very careful about opening your booster packs if you only want to open one!

Cry0
04-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Happened to me too. Missclicked on that arrow - I'm not really upset that much too though, but yes, a confirmation window would be great!

Rapkannibale
04-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Thanks. There should be a confirmation before open 10 packs. I thought that arrow was just another way of opening one pack if you didn't want to do the drag and drop thing.

Gorgol
04-25-2014, 01:25 AM
:eek: thanks for the warning

zerragon
04-25-2014, 01:47 AM
Did the same with 6 primals, no confirmation all opened.., but I probably wanted to open them anyway.
Confirmation would be nice.

Mahes
04-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Thank You for that warning. Would never have known it would do that.

Eierdotter
04-25-2014, 06:04 AM
thats why you check stuff out and click everywhere in alpha.
found the arrow by accident after single opening 70 packs ...
(in alpha, all beta packs are still closed)

SingerOfW
04-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Thanks. There should be a confirmation before open 10 packs. I thought that arrow was just another way of opening one pack if you didn't want to do the drag and drop thing.
That was the case for me, as well, especially since the game is a bit laggy right now, and the pack just didn't want to be dragged.

Honestly, I'm surprised this is even a thing. Was it really that difficult to design a button in a way that screams "I OPEN TEN PACKS" rather than "I probably have something to do with opening packs, click me and see for yourself"? I certainly shouldn't learn about this from the forums, and now that I'm out of packs (yeah, I only got 10 of them), I'm not sure when I'll be able to use my draft tickets.

thats why you check stuff out and click everywhere in alpha.
If you get into alpha, that is.

LNQ
04-25-2014, 06:46 AM
A bit off-topic, but I think draft tickets provide the 3 packs necessary as well as the plat entry fee, so no problem there.

Ertzi
04-25-2014, 06:57 AM
Anyone else have the bug where the cards don't turn face up at all? I have to click back and go to the Card Manager to see what I got. I ~think~ I got all the cards anyway, but now I'm a bit nervous about opening more packs.

Novataglio
04-25-2014, 07:08 AM
Anyone else have the bug where the cards don't turn face up at all? I have to click back and go to the Card Manager to see what I got. I ~think~ I got all the cards anyway, but now I'm a bit nervous about opening more packs.

It has happened to me a few times. You do get the cards but it can be hard to tell what you got.

AstaSyneri
04-25-2014, 08:35 AM

It's been reported. That bug was apparent in Alpha as well. Fortunately none of the cards go missing - you just don't see what you pick. Instead just use the "Open-10-booster-button", that works just fine ;-).

Chadatog
04-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Actually you can see what you open when the bug hits when the cards don't flip over. Just right click for the zoom in card view and the card image will load.

FlyingMeatchip
04-25-2014, 12:48 PM
I did it and got some really choice cards....including two more gore feasts and a chaos key

Vilesin
04-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Glad I watch the forums. Would have ticked me off with no warning or confirmation.

Phoenixfire
04-25-2014, 01:08 PM
I clicked the little arrow while exploring the page and it opened up the last 10 packs I had , I wanted to open 1 last one and save 9 for drafting.

Now all my packs are opened and I can't draft :(

I am not going to ask for reimbursement or a account reset for the sole reason support has much worse problems on there plate right now then mine.

I am asking though, that making a confirmation on opening multiple packs is put in place asap.

alreadydead
04-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Yup, I got caught by this as well. Would have expected a confirmation but I should have been more careful clicking around the hover didn't pop up until after I had clicked.

AstaSyneri
04-29-2014, 05:53 AM
It does have a tool tip that say exactly what clicking it is going to do, IIRC. Personally I didn't have any problems with that feature at all. But then I usually read before clicking anything on screen.

The bug where the cards are not showing when opening the booster IMHO is much more of a nuisance.

Ogodei
04-29-2014, 06:30 AM
I think the buttons to buy packs and everything else don't ask for a confirmation either (can't remember 100% though). Maybe this should be fixed as well.

copulat0r
04-29-2014, 01:18 PM
i think instead of a "Open 10 Packs" button, it should be "Open Bulk Packs" and you can select a number of packs to open, and press ok before they open. that way we can open a few packs, or as many as the server can handle (if its 10, so be it. if its more even better). this will also give the OK/Cancel dialog box people are clammoring for