PDA

View Full Version : Your primal pack content

nickon
04-25-2014, 02:17 AM
Hey guys,

Thought I might open a thread to show of what you've got from opening your primal pack(s)! I only got my guaranteed one, so I'm going to cherish it for a bit! But please let me know what you got out of yours!

Btw, does anyone know if primal packs have a fixed content, like X legendaries and Y rares? Or can you be lucky and hit a ton of legendaries in a primal pack? If that hasn't been answered by CZE, let's find out by posting a screenshot of your primal pack opening! ;)

LNQ
04-25-2014, 02:19 AM
It's 2 legendaries and 13 rares. I think it's guaranteed that way, no chance of more than 2 legendaries.

Tiuvath
04-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Might as well ask here. Is there a point in not opening your primal? Better ask before everyone tells me how crazy I was to open it xD

Cernz
04-25-2014, 02:53 AM
i dont think so :) open a primal should be fine

joseph5185
04-25-2014, 03:20 AM
Haven't opened my primal up either or any packs for that matter. In fact, I've yet to log into the Beta client at all.

nickon
04-25-2014, 03:37 AM
I think opening a primal is fine since there is no primal draft yet. And if it were there, you need to have the balls to enter it :D For normal boosters you should consider not just opening them, but drafting them. This way you can enhance the value you are getting out of your boosters because you could potentially win extra boosters as a tournament price, given you are doing well in the draft.

On top of that, you will additionally be receiving gold for playing in the PvP draft tournament. Note that this is a temporary additional benefit you're getting right now, due to PvE not being released yet.

hex_colin
04-25-2014, 03:39 AM
Might as well ask here. Is there a point in not opening your primal? Better ask before everyone tells me how crazy I was to open it xD

Might be worth keeping it till GenCon and then opening it. That way the Legendary chest you get it of it will be tagged as having been generated during GenCon and may contain the GenCon-exclusive lewts!

Tiuvath
04-25-2014, 03:53 AM
Might be worth keeping it till GenCon and then opening it. That way the Legendary chest you get it of it will be tagged as having been generated during GenCon and may contain the GenCon-exclusive lewts!

oh nice, thanks for the info! when is Gen con?

might keep atleast 2 primals then for it

YourOpponent
04-25-2014, 04:51 AM

Yeah that's August 14th - 17th at Indianapolis, IN. Also I think Hex Con is in September in Vegas if that's still going on. I'm having a hard time not using my primals, but I'm pretty sure that I can hold on to them long enough for a primal draft or for a convention that gives event specific mercenaries.

Hatts
04-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Doh! I thought it was chests opened during Gencon could get the exclusives, not chests generated... Regretting cracking my primals if this is the case :(

nickon
04-25-2014, 07:20 AM

Was this actually officially confirmed? Also for the KS reward booster packs? I think the idea behind this is for CZE to motivate people buying and opening booster packs during that time, not holding and waiting to open all booster packs people earned/bought before the actual event?

Edit: From the Treasure Chest article (http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/) where Cory is talking about the chests, it seems that there is no reason to suspect otherwise.

There are also Special Events, which include holidays and conventions like Gen Con 2014. If the chest is generated (meaning you opened the pack during the event), it will have a stamp that lets you know it has a modified loot table to include the special event items.

Thrawn
04-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Edit: From the Treasure Chest article (http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/) where Cory is talking about the chests, it seems that there is no reason to suspect otherwise.

Seems like a bad idea though to just make the best way to handle packs being to sit on everything you're not drafting with until an event comes a long that might give you bonus loot.

Kirian
04-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Also consider the possibility that Primal Packs may go for a significant sum of Plat on the AH once it exists. Whether that price is worth it for you not getting to open the packs now may be a tough call...

Vorpal
04-25-2014, 10:17 AM
I opened mine, because I couldn't wait.

I got 2 legendaries in each one. (With some repeats, sadly)

JakeFreedom
04-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Also consider the possibility that Primal Packs may go for a significant sum of Plat on the AH once it exists.
Whether that price is worth it for you not getting to open the packs now may be a tough call...

If normal packs sell for 200 plat and they contain only 1 rare or legendary. I can almost imagine what a primal pack would sell for on the AH... I would guess at a minimum of 3500 to 4000 platinum.

nicosharp
04-25-2014, 11:51 AM
If normal packs sell for 200 plat and they contain only 1 rare or legendary. I can almost imagine what a primal pack would sell for on the AH... I would guess at a minimum of 3500 to 4000 platinum.

I think it would be rare to see Primals sell for much more than $15 (ie 1500 Plat). Packs are not truly valued at $2 (ie 200 Plat) The value of the Primal is really in the guaranteed 2 legendary cards, and the guaranteed legendary chest. The chest contents will more than likely govern the value. Based on how hard it is to randomly get legendary chests, and how hard it is to gold sink spin for them.
Because Primal packs are created in addition to the packs you purchase, it also slightly lowers their value, as you are not paying anything exclusively for the pack.

PetyrBaelish
04-25-2014, 12:53 PM
I take it you want us to list what legendaries we got from primals? Ill post mine as soon as I get off work tonight. Really need a way to see your collection while offline! Come on tablet support, heck maybe even a mobile app that just shows your collection would be nice.

Cry0
04-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Arrghh.. I'm itching to open all my primals! O_O

Vibraxus
04-25-2014, 04:12 PM
I feel as I got shafted on Primals. I wont open one of my whole 3 for a while (2+ the one KS reward). It just seems crazy, My friends all have gotten 6-8 and I have 3. This is just stupid. Anyway, I wont open em.

Xenavire
04-25-2014, 04:29 PM
I feel as I got shafted on Primals. I wont open one of my whole 3 for a while (2+ the one KS reward). It just seems crazy, My friends all have gotten 6-8 and I have 3. This is just stupid. Anyway, I wont open em.

Its all just luck. As the game progresses, I guarantee you will get a few more. Unless you never buy any and never receive any as rewards/VIP. Or chests. And anything else I might be forgetting.

f5shooter
04-25-2014, 04:51 PM
I also only got 3 primals. (1 guaranteed and 2 from the 155 king tier)

Last night I was bored so I opened some packs, then decided to replenish them. So I bought $20 in plat and bought 10 packs and got another primal....

... then I opened it. LOL