PDA

View Full Version : Princess Victoria in starting hand bug

Azorid
04-25-2014, 02:21 AM
Your Display Name: Azorid
Bug Description: Princess Victoria in starting hand did not get a lowered cost.
Steps to Reproduce: Had two games in a row where she didn't get reduced cost, one game with one in hand and one with two. Both games were on the draw and against AI.
Frequency: Fairly?

vickrpg
04-25-2014, 07:33 AM
This is actually only happening with the AA Princess Victoria. The normal one works fine, the AA one must still be linked to the older effect (This bug was present in Alpha.)

Xenavire
04-25-2014, 07:36 AM
This is actually only happening with the AA Princess Victoria. The normal one works fine, the AA one must still be linked to the older effect (This bug was present in Alpha.)

Actually, my AA Victorias are working just fine. I would bet they are using the same code, and it is very rarely happening to them all.

Mahes
04-25-2014, 10:58 AM
I get the feeling that a lot of the bugs seen at this point have nothing to do with the actual card but more to do with how information is being sent and received from the server to the client. Until the servers stabilize, I do not plan to report any new card related bugs that were working just fine in Alpha.

Sullemunk
04-28-2014, 05:02 AM
Also got Princess Victoria (AA) on my opening hand (no mulligan) on my latest game and it didnt get the cost reduced

Cernz
04-28-2014, 05:54 AM
had the normal one 2 times in my starting hand and worked fine.

Sullemunk
04-28-2014, 05:59 AM
yepp, normal seems to work, but not the AA one

Xenavire
04-28-2014, 06:25 AM
yepp, normal seems to work, but not the AA one

I only have the AA ones and they never fail to work - each time I get them, they are correctly reduced.

Sullemunk
04-28-2014, 07:29 AM
might bee because i have both normal and aa

EntropyBall
04-28-2014, 10:46 AM
I have just 2 AA ones, drew them both in an opening hand against AI last night and saw them properly reduced to 0 when the game started.

nicosharp
04-28-2014, 11:30 AM
There is definite lag time to card change updates. Primarily I've seen these bugs with effects that change the cost of a card already on the field or in hand. This also is a visual bug often times for troops that have had their stats altered. It may take 2-3 phases before the visual changes catch up with the cards in play.

Of course, it is a much more frustrating bug when it refers to the resource cost reduction of a card in your hand that will not highlight as playable until there are several phases passed, or perhaps the servers to catch up to the change.

Lochar
04-28-2014, 02:50 PM
A 'force server sync' button would fix a lot of things, I think. You could hit it and it'd resync you to the server, so you could validate things like Victoria.

I've run into a couple of issues like that myself, including Victoria, where I had to click the card and pray it worked and it was just a sync issue. Most of the time it doesn't. Not sure if it's the client assuming the click doesn't work or what.