PDA

View Full Version : Support System is Awful

Svenn
04-25-2014, 07:57 AM
I sent in a ticket last Thursday to request an email change. It took over a week for this to be "resolved", but with the launch of beta that is understandable. However, it wasn't even resolved after they closed my ticket. Not only did they not change the email address/login to the right thing, but now I can't even do a password reset because when I request it the email doesn't make it to either the original or the new email address. I have no idea where it's going, but not to me.

I've heard of other similar issues from other people. This should be one of the most basic things support can do... a simple email address change. I have to go through 3 email address changes to get all of my accounts on the right emails, and I'm very frustrated after trying to just change the first one.

Update: Got an email at the new email address asking to confirm the change. Clicking the link just goes to the main Hex site and nothing happens. Address/login is still wrong.

Svenn
04-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Oh, and also there is a "Complain" button on the ticket system. I tried to use that to tell them that my ticket was not fixed at all but when I submit the complaint it just drops me on a blank page and nothing is updated.

There were a lot of people talking about this kind of stuff from Gameforge when the partnership was first announced, but I was willing to give them a chance. So far it seems like what people were saying is true.

hex_colin
04-25-2014, 08:13 AM
After years of setting up IT support organizations as part of my job, I'm well aware of the fact that once you introduce a human into the mix, mistakes will get made (typos, not following SOP for ticket status changes, etc.).

With that in mind - I have email addresses on accounts that I really want to change, but I figure I can live with the minor inconvenience until such times that the self-service portal appears and I can just do it myself. :)

hex_colin
04-25-2014, 08:14 AM
Oh, and also there is a "Complain" button on the ticket system. I tried to use that to tell them that my ticket was not fixed at all but when I submit the complaint it just drops me on a blank page and nothing is updated.

There were a lot of people talking about this kind of stuff from Gameforge when the partnership was first announced, but I was willing to give them a chance. So far it seems like what people were saying is true.

There's a better "Complain" button! Just PM Shaq on the forums or bug him on Twitter (@HexTCG). He'll appreciate me suggesting that. ;)

nicosharp
04-25-2014, 08:16 AM
After years of setting up IT support organizations as part of my job, I'm well aware of the fact that once you introduce a human into the mix, mistakes will get made (typos, not following SOP for ticket status changes, etc.).

With that in mind - I have email addresses on accounts that I really want to change, but I figure I can live with the minor inconvenience until such times that the self-service portal appears and I can just do it myself. :)
Yeah, when you hire people that have very limited skill sets, whether or not they are mopping, you need someone to carry a mop at all times to clean up after the others. In one word, "oversight" is crucial to having a successful support system in place.

Svenn
04-25-2014, 08:18 AM
I am okay with waiting to change the email for my personal account, but the other 2 accounts are gifts and I would like to have them set up under the other people's email addresses and not mine.

hex_colin
04-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Yeah, when you hire people that have very limited skill sets, whether or not they are mopping, you need someone to carry a mop at all times to clean up after the others. In one word, "oversight" is crucial to having a successful support system in place.

Agreed - and it's frequently a full-time job. CZE will get there. :)

Svenn
04-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Email showed up at the new email address for a "New email confirmation". Clicking the link just goes to the main Hex page and nothing happens. Login and stuff is still the original one...

Marsden
04-25-2014, 08:28 AM
Email showed up at the new email address for a "New email confirmation". Clicking the link just goes to the main Hex page and nothing happens. Login and stuff is still the original one...

That's the point I'm at with the 2 gift accounts I'm trying to get set up as well.

Kami
04-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I'm awaiting a ticket to be resolved as well before I claim any of my codes. (I'm also slightly paranoid that when I do try redeeming codes, I'm gonna run into problems that I only I encounter. *paranoia* :D )

Voormas
04-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't say that the support has been awful at all; I put in a request to have my email changed as well around the same time but you gotta remember 1) easter public holidays (I don't know if Americans get those but 4 day weekends are pretty rad) 2) increased volume of support tickets as the game goes into beta 3) there might be an actual problem with the process (the confirm email code should do something but doesn't) and 4) they're only human

I work at an IT Helpdesk for a University and the amount of "don't you know how important I am??!?" that a user throws at us doesn't affect the urgency of a job - it's how serious is the problem; we can still login and do all that other cool stuff, just relax and give them time

YourOpponent
04-25-2014, 02:56 PM
It sounds like we should be able to give beta keys to friends within 2 weeks. If you don't already have the rewards on the accounts then I suggest waiting and give them a beta key instead. Then give them the codes so that they can get their gifts that way.

Arbiter
04-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I'm awaiting a ticket to be resolved as well before I claim any of my codes. (I'm also slightly paranoid that when I do try redeeming codes, I'm gonna run into problems that I only I encounter. *paranoia* :D )

At least you can get into support... I tried to register an account yesterday (after you told me the support account was separate to the actual account) and received no confirming email (in any of my folders - main or spam). Tried again today and got "that address has been registered". Tried to log in and got "that account needs to be activated". So I'm left with problems and no way of getting support for them.

fido_one
04-25-2014, 04:45 PM
There is obviously some sort of disconnect between support.hextcg.com and the CZE staff; after a few days after going over a ticket, support gave me the 'enter your e-mail, account name, etc. etc. etc., bla, bla, bla' AFTER CZE came out and said 'it's a known account problem that will be fixed when Beta is released.'

Having run support/trouble ticket systems/staffs, the disconnect isn't surprising at all, though I hope CZE knows how important it is to address the issue (by sometimes simply saying 'yeah, expect some unacceptable delays as we work out the support issues.')

Quasari
04-25-2014, 04:49 PM
@Djbousquet Our CS team of Worker Bots just got new tools, and there was a small bug with them. Should be cleared up by Monday.
From @HexTCG

Guess they had some trouble with their support tools.

Shaqattaq
04-25-2014, 06:11 PM
We want to apologize for the delay in entering tickets. Our staff and CS/GM tools are still in beta as well. We definitely strive to develop our player services to be in-line with what our players expect. Personally, in the future, I'd like to see us on the same level as Amazon, Zappos, Nordstrom, REI, and the like. We did have some issues with new tools, but those should be sorted early next week, and we'll be able to improve our services with time just like we're improving the client.

Svenn
04-25-2014, 07:55 PM
We want to apologize for the delay in entering tickets. Our staff and CS/GM tools are still in beta as well. We definitely strive to develop our player services to be in-line with what our players expect. Personally, in the future, I'd like to see us on the same level as Amazon, Zappos, Nordstrom, REI, and the like. We did have some issues with new tools, but those should be sorted early next week, and we'll be able to improve our services with time just like we're improving the client.

Any idea what's up with email changes not actually changing when support says they are changed?