PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Human Lifegain

Azorid
04-25-2014, 09:42 AM
I just started playing now with the Beta launch and I cobbled together this deck after cracking a bunch of boosters.

I've yet to actually finish any player matches with it because of bugs, so I have a somewhat difficult time to determine how it performs, but it wins every AI match convincingly (though I doubt that is a good benchmark).

So I'm looking for feedback, I couldn't find any similar decklists on the forums but I doubt I'm the first to build a deck like this.

Diamond Human Lifegain

-Champion-
Dimmid

-Troops (29)-
4x Adamanthian Scrivener
2x Shield Trainer
4x Kraken Guard Mariner
4x Righteous Paladin
1x Living Totem
2x Protectorate Defender (Prime Diamond of Solidarity)
3x Princess Victoria
3x Spearcliff Cloud Knight
1x Noble Citizenry
2x Phoenix Guard Aeronaut (Diamond of Lifedrain)
2x Hero of Adamanth
1x His Majesty, King Gabriel

-Constants (5)-
2x Incantation of Righteousness
3x Solitary Exile

-Quick Action (4)-
2x Infusion of Diamond
2x Blinding Light

-Resources (22)-
22x Diamond Shard

-Reserves (15)-
1x Solitary Exile
3x Inner Conflict
2x Stoneskin
2x Repel
3x Immortality
2x Bottled Vitae
2x Ivory Pawn

Obviously I'm limited to the cards I have at the moment, but I'd appreciate suggestions for cards to look out for and any other thoughts.

Tinfoil
04-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Hi, some brief thoughts...

I would personally go to 23 ressources, maybe 24 if you include more big troops.

Look for Soul Marble and more Incantations.
Take out infusion of diamond and put in Ivory Pawn
Include 2-3 more control cards - repel/inner conflict or maybe anticontrol like Stoneskin.

I don't think a lot of inspire cards are necessary if you wanna do a focused lifegain deck, so I would thin out there - but thats just my opinion. Also I would rather have some spellshielded troops like Forgotten Lord than Phoenix Guard Aeronaut or even Hero of Adamanth. Droos Colossal Walker would also be a good choice - if you give it lifegain it can pay for its untap, and if you can give it steadfast, it becomes extremely strong. And of course Angel of Dawn if you get them.

Finally, consider putting Frost Wizard in the reserve.

Anyway, good luck.

Azorid
04-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback, some of the suggestions you made I also realized on my own after actually managing to play a few real games. Like that Infusion of Diamond is crap and that Inner Conflict rocks. But overall I've been happy with how it's been performing.

I made some more changes after reading your suggestions and I'm gonna get on testing this new incarnation. Changes since the posted version is:

-2x Shield Trainer
-1x Noble Citizenry
-2x Phoenix Guard Aeronaut
+2x Droo's Colossal Walker

+3 Inner Conflict
+1x Soul Marble

-2x Infusion of Diamond
-2x Blinding Light

+2x Repel

+1x Diamond Shard

Reserves:
-3x Immortality
-2x Inner Conflict
+2 Frost Wizard
+3 Forgotten Lord

Tinfoil
04-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Looks very good. In the future, if you want to experiment, you could try going into Blood to get carddraw and more varied troops and effects - but that also means careful threshold management.

Rapkannibale
04-30-2014, 01:30 AM
I'm thinking of trying out a similar deck. One question though since I suck at sideboarding against what type of match ups would you put the front wizard in and what would you take out?

Azorid
04-30-2014, 03:01 AM
I'm thinking of trying out a similar deck. One question though since I suck at sideboarding against what type of match ups would you put the front wizard in and what would you take out?
Though I haven't faced most of these, I would run it against things like Pack Raptors, escalation cards, blood graveyard shenanigans or Replicators Gambit. A lot of Sapphire card draw actually turns into self-mill with it out, as well.
I would probably take out Protectorate Defender.

Tinfoil
04-30-2014, 09:06 AM

You really need him against the back wizard ;) (sorry).

Xentoth Inquisitor was one of the most popular cards in alfa and it would also be very useful against him. Also against Ancestors Chosen, Darkspire Priestesses and cards inspired by Mirror Knight.